Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 11-05-2003, 10:30 PM
  #6526  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Gazza_D
When you gonna build and run that Web. I think mine is awesome, and soon to get better too, Pal spec A Web mmmmmm
I really dont know, I still need a ceramic bearing set for it, just need to buy the stuff... But part of me wants to sell it before the R3 is avalible.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 11-05-2003, 10:40 PM
  #6527  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I really dont know, I still need a ceramic bearing set for it, just need to buy the stuff... But part of me wants to sell it before the R3 is avalible.
I'm waiting for the R3 too... got money buring a hole in my pocket and i'm not a patient person!
JusBox is offline  
Old 11-05-2003, 11:58 PM
  #6528  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
But part of me wants to sell it before the R3 is avalible.
Man your sick in the Head ..just "TRY THE DANG CAR OUT" sheesh ,,who knows you might be surprised.... well unless you Sell the SD and by the next Brand "X" car

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 12:02 AM
  #6529  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I really dont know, I still need a ceramic bearing set for it, just need to buy the stuff... But part of me wants to sell it before the R3 is avalible.


OK

here are a few things to keep in mind..

the R2 and the R3 are pretty much similar

the steering system is different
the Bulkheads are the same (just you don't need the 5mm spacers now)
and the Drive system is included with the car

so pretty much the R3 is the same as a PAL or Xenon R2 as far as chassis balance and drive system

some things to note before giving up on the R2
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 12:08 AM
  #6530  
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,074
Default

so is it better to dish out 150 for xenon conversion or 300 for a whole new chassis?
cHckbOY5 is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 12:16 AM
  #6531  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
so is it better to dish out 150 for xenon conversion or 300 for a whole new chassis?
Pretty much.... since there are a few companies that will more than likely make the TC style steering rack conversion later down the line

and after you have the PAL or Xenon chassis it's pretty much the same thing ...and a Bonus with the Xenon or the Pal chassis is that you can change the spur gear faster
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 12:46 AM
  #6532  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Man your sick in the Head ..just "TRY THE DANG CAR OUT" sheesh ,,who knows you might be surprised.... well unless you Sell the SD and by the next Brand "X" car

-Dave
I've driven the Xenon car, and didn't notice much difference from stock, I just figure I can recover the cash now, and have the newest car avalible when it is avalible. I do have a very descent offer on my WS
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 01:39 AM
  #6533  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I've driven the Xenon car, and didn't notice much difference from stock, I just figure I can recover the cash now, and have the newest car avalible when it is avalible. I do have a very descent offer on my WS
Go for it Sell it then get MAD $$ for it

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 02:00 AM
  #6534  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Is that why you change cars regularly???? J/K
Gazza_D

You have a PM
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 03:01 AM
  #6535  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

I think Randman has serious issues

If you don't want that Web/A spec send it over here I'm sure I could find a use for it and it would actualy get built and raced

Thats if I can get a new speedo sorted soon won't even have one for my blue Cuda after Monday time to hook up a servo to a switch
Herminator is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 03:49 AM
  #6536  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator


Thats if I can get a new speedo sorted soon won't even have one for my blue Cuda after Monday time to hook up a servo to a switch
Hermi' did you get the goods yet.?
-Dave

check that # again
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 04:43 AM
  #6537  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hermi' did you get the goods yet.?
-Dave

check that # again
Nope, no sign at all not holding much hope of seeing them anytime soon either probably going to be closer to the 30days possible

hmm..... just checked the tracking and it came up with a UK tracking number and says it arrived at Glasgow today so it should be delivered to me today fingers crossed
Herminator is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 04:47 AM
  #6538  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator


hmm..... just checked the tracking and it came up with a UK tracking number and says it arrived at Glasgow today so it should be delivered to me today fingers crossed
I just checked too.. you should have it soon
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 04:51 AM
  #6539  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I just checked too.. you should have it soon
-Dave
Got it!
Herminator is offline  
Old 11-06-2003, 04:57 AM
  #6540  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Got it!

Well open that dang thing up all ready
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.