Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 11-03-2003, 05:10 AM
  #6406  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
oh yeah the arms where heated It was just a bad night for me Everybody has to have one at sometime and I got mine over with so Im ready for next weekend. why crash man who knows ????
why I didnt run 19T I was just wanting to get the car dialed in and set up for carpet for a great winter season maybe in a few weeks I might hit some 19T also but after last night I should have been with the novice class.
and I thought that I was the only one who had bad days at the track
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:14 AM
  #6407  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

calm down JDM....5 posts in a row
R/C Anonymous is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:21 AM
  #6408  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
calm down JDM....5 posts in a row

Haven"t been able to post in a while

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:28 AM
  #6409  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up R3 ..testing news

Hey guys on the K&K home page Kitoma has been doing more testing with the R3 and ... some of the differences that he has notices is that turn is much better and , cornering speed is up ...(a already fast cornering car is now faster ) just for starters

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-barracuda-r3-shake-down-pic%5Cs.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:42 AM
  #6410  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Haven"t been able to post in a while

-Dave
and now he's back with avengance

More corner speed I think he needs a challenge, get him over here and see how much corner speed he can get
Is that an Orion LCS transponder without it's case?
Looks like he's going to extremes to get the weight as low as possible, then he shoves a whole heap of lead weights on the center line Sure it's the best way to distribute weight but sheesh, I'd rather protect my electronics a bit more

I see he's also got an extra body post to support the shell around the front window, I wonder what the trade offs are, between extra high up weight and more ridgid shell shape If he really wants to support the shell and keep weight down, he should devise a way of including the support onto and arial mount/tube
Herminator is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:49 AM
  #6411  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
and now he's back with avengance

More corner speed I think he needs a challenge, get him over here and see how much corner speed he can get
Is that an Orion LCS transponder without it's case?
Looks like he's going to extremes to get the weight as low as possible, then he shoves a whole heap of lead weights on the center line Sure it's the best way to distribute weight but sheesh, I'd rather protect my electronics a bit more

I see he's also got an extra body post to support the shell around the front window, I wonder what the trade offs are, between extra high up weight and more ridgid shell shape If he really wants to support the shell and keep weight down, he should devise a way of including the support onto and arial mount/tube

if I told you how much lighter the R3 was over the R2 you whould $h!t a _ _ _ _ _ . ....30grams

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:21 AM
  #6412  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
if I told you how much lighter the R3 was over the R2 you whould $h!t a _ _ _ _ _ . ....30grams

-Dave
Wow thats nice and light

Worrying that you used that expression, since I read your post just after I visited a certain small room
Herminator is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:31 AM
  #6413  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Wow thats nice and light

Worrying that you used that expression, since I read your post just after I visited a certain small room
Hahahha


Yea they had both the R2 and the R3 on a Scale next to each other at the Tokyo Hobby show and the R3 was in fact 29~30 grams lighter

it' get's better too.

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:35 AM
  #6414  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

I thought the R2 was lite enough I want it to stay on the ground not fly in the air
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:35 AM
  #6415  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Wow thats nice and light

Worrying that you used that expression, since I read your post just after I visited a certain small room
That is waaayyyyy too much information
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:36 AM
  #6416  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
I thought the R2 was light enough I want it to stay on the ground not fly in the air
Don't forget to ask steve about the sway bar kits we talked about at the track...
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:37 AM
  #6417  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Don't forget to ask steve about the sway bar kits we talked about at the track...
calling him today
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:38 AM
  #6418  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
I thought the R2 was lite enough I want it to stay on the ground not fly in the air
... What you never have seen flying fish..???

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:38 AM
  #6419  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
now you see why I use the Alloy parts

-Dave
Well, I know I gave my alloy parts a good testing out Saturday...clipping pipes and spinning KO out a couple of times... It won't be like that next week...plus I'm going to run in the 19 turn class instead of stock since the car feels really good.
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:39 AM
  #6420  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
calling him today
You mean he actually answers his phone


He must have the Dave Bristol Block on when I call
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.