R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2003, 11:30 AM   #6346
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
I think the MKII is Ride's own version of the Dodge Stratus. If I remember correctly what I saw in the Japanese Mag.

Steve Wang
How can I get the J-Land mags, I've seen one floating around SoCal, and those kick the hell out of what we get over here...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:50 AM   #6347
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
How can I get the J-Land mags, I've seen one floating around SoCal, and those kick the hell out of what we get over here...
Randman - try to e-mail Nao at R10 for the mags.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:12 PM   #6348
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by madjack
Randman - try to e-mail Nao at R10 for the mags.
Cool, thank you.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:44 PM   #6349
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I think even Ranger Rick magazine beats our R/C car mags over here.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:51 PM   #6350
Regional Moderator

Well, our first race night as a fun run before the points was not too bad. I'll let KO tell about his adventure w/ his cuda, Eric Anderson was great with his Cuda in 19turn. I, well let's put it this way, if I had a brain, I'd be dangerous I was my own worst enemy in Stock. Eric set my car up and hit the nail on the head first time w/ my car...I liked it a lot and never changed it. As far as being durable, well, I can say that the only thing I messed up was that bilevel pinion gear was singing to me during practice so I changed it. I ran a PF Alfa and it was smooooth. In teh main, since it was fun and no one objected, I ran the chevron body...I love that thing...wish it was legal. Well, that is all I want to talk about my adventures, maybe KO nd EA Motorsports will tell theirs. Thanks Eric for the help setting the car up and KO for just the help period...
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
Old 11-01-2003, 11:24 PM   #6351
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Hello all, its been a wile since I have posted here. I see there have been alot doing. As for myself I have been racing GP with the EVO conversion for the Kyosho V one RR , Its been fun, but with the weather turning and Carpet season just started, I thought I would dust off the cuda and see what she will do on a rug

Anybody have a set up? I do run stock and I would like some input

Thanks for the time
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:28 PM   #6352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So when does the R3 evolve onto the hobby shop shelves? I'm trying to hold out... not so easy.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:34 PM   #6353
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hello all, its been a wile since I have posted here. I see there have been alot doing. As for myself I have been racing GP with the EVO conversion for the Kyosho V one RR , Its been fun, but with the weather turning and Carpet season just started, I thought I would dust off the cuda and see what she will do on a rug

Anybody have a set up? I do run stock and I would like some input

Thanks for the time
Give me a day or so and will post one
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
Old 11-01-2003, 11:49 PM   #6354
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
So when does the R3 evolve onto the hobby shop shelves? I'm trying to hold out... not so easy.
Look in my signature for the release date in Japan

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:54 PM   #6355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Look in my signature for the release date in Japan

-Dave
You know now i remember seeing that before... 2 a.m. is not a good time to make posts!
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 06:56 AM   #6356
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Well, our first race night as a fun run before the points was not too bad. I'll let KO tell about his adventure w/ his cuda, Eric Anderson was great with his Cuda in 19turn. I, well let's put it this way, if I had a brain, I'd be dangerous I was my own worst enemy in Stock. Eric set my car up and hit the nail on the head first time w/ my car...I liked it a lot and never changed it. As far as being durable, well, I can say that the only thing I messed up was that bilevel pinion gear was singing to me during practice so I changed it. I ran a PF Alfa and it was smooooth. In teh main, since it was fun and no one objected, I ran the chevron body...I love that thing...wish it was legal. Well, that is all I want to talk about my adventures, maybe KO nd EA Motorsports will tell theirs. Thanks Eric for the help setting the car up and KO for just the help period...

Well guys with 3 cudas at the race / practice runs it was great !
As for my night it wasnt to well I just had 4 hrs sleep in the past 2 days and was up late trying to get stuff together to race so all that didint help my wifes mother and brother has both been in and out of the hospital so we been helping them that is why no sleep. well during practice and heat races. first off I built one car with all the so called hard parts
first pratice run the rear arm snapped at pivot ball close to the spur gear . fixed it and went out for a heat race and then the front hard knuckle snapped like clean into so there is a dnf , EA told me to change them both(I didnt stupid me )
so I left one hard knuckle on and one stock nylon guess what the next heat race the other hard knuckle broke at the same excat place I will post pics
of what im talking about to have both brake just alike makes me think there was default in the kuckles I have never broke a part on a cuda until I put the hard parts on .
So after all the parts where fixed and EA did the magic touch to it
I finshed 4th in the Amain stock and heath took second in Amain stock (I think). EA showed everyone how driving was done in the 19T this man can drive and one of the nicest guys ever to meet showed tips and helped alot (thank you EA) and heath thanks for your help also.
I think we will have the carpet set-up dialed for the cuda next week and Im sure I will have better weekend also.
I have never had a night like last night nor do I want one again!

Thanks EA And heath for all the help and I hoped I helped you both also. its sure nice to have a fellow racers with the same car now . See you guys next weekend and i will post pics of the knuckles a bit later today stuff still packed up.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:10 AM   #6357
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
Well guys with 3 cudas at the race / practice runs it was great !
As for my night it wasnt to well I just had 4 hrs sleep in the past 2 days and was up late trying to get stuff together to race so all that didint help my wifes mother and brother has both been in and out of the hospital so we been helping them that is why no sleep. well during practice and heat races. first off I built one car with all the so called hard parts
first pratice run the rear arm snapped at pivot ball close to the spur gear . fixed it and went out for a heat race and then the front hard knuckle snapped like clean into so there is a dnf , EA told me to change them both(I didnt stupid me )
so I left one hard knuckle on and one stock nylon guess what the next heat race the other hard knuckle broke at the same excat place I will post pics
of what im talking about to have both brake just alike makes me think there was default in the kuckles I have never broke a part on a cuda until I put the hard parts on .
So after all the parts where fixed and EA did the magic touch to it
I finshed 4th in the Amain stock and heath took second in Amain stock (I think). EA showed everyone how driving was done in the 19T this man can drive and one of the nicest guys ever to meet showed tips and helped alot (thank you EA) and heath thanks for your help also.
I think we will have the carpet set-up dialed for the cuda next week and Im sure I will have better weekend also.
I have never had a night like last night nor do I want one again!

Thanks EA And heath for all the help and I hoped I helped you both also. its sure nice to have a fellow racers with the same car now . See you guys next weekend and i will post pics of the knuckles a bit later today stuff still packed up.
You are welcome DJ, anytime...
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
Old 11-02-2003, 07:17 AM   #6358
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Hmm, glad I didn't buy a load of graphite parts for my Cuda then But what are you doing crashing anyway KO?
Your rear a-arm, did you heat that when you put the ball into it? maybe you cracked it from it being too hard.

If you have an option of stock of 19turn, why pick stock? 19 is loads more fun to me more speed without silly mod speed and maintanence.

Still trying to get one of my club mates to get a Cuda, none of them seem to want to take the plunge though They mostly think they will struglle to get replacement parts, they don't seem to realise you rarely break anything (unless your KO with graphite parts )

Ahwell, be back later, time for the long drive home....
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:30 AM   #6359
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Hmm, glad I didn't buy a load of graphite parts for my Cuda then But what are you doing crashing anyway KO?
Your rear a-arm, did you heat that when you put the ball into it? maybe you cracked it from it being too hard.

If you have an option of stock of 19turn, why pick stock? 19 is loads more fun to me more speed without silly mod speed and maintanence.

Still trying to get one of my club mates to get a Cuda, none of them seem to want to take the plunge though They mostly think they will struglle to get replacement parts, they don't seem to realise you rarely break anything (unless your KO with graphite parts )

Ahwell, be back later, time for the long drive home....

oh yeah the arms where heated It was just a bad night for me Everybody has to have one at sometime and I got mine over with so Im ready for next weekend. why crash man who knows ????
why I didnt run 19T I was just wanting to get the car dialed in and set up for carpet for a great winter season maybe in a few weeks I might hit some 19T also but after last night I should have been with the novice class.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 09:32 AM   #6360
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Give me a day or so and will post one
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote