Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2003, 07:05 AM   #5866
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn
Default Re: Georgia State race

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports

Thats the end of my weekend. Anyone else race this week?

eric a
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
good job on the TQ...but sounds like you got the "TQ Blues..." in the main
Well Eric, you and I were in the same sinking ship Saturday night. I raced my last bamked clay oval with my oval truck for the summer. I TQ'd, set track record,(with a cheap electric T3, againts all nitro trucks), won my heat race and then when the a amin started, I got a little messed up in traffic right off in the first few laps and then followed the leader when he passed but I was much, much faster than he was and waited for a door opening, got one but he closed it on my foot, hacked him coming out of a turn and sent him spinning to the wall. Being the nice person I was
I stopped and waited on him to come back around me b/c of what I did...BIG MISTAKE...I followed him for a few more laps and then, "the big one" A big dog pile on the rabbit in turn one, and I got caught up in it b/c I was like 6 inches from the 1st place truck. I got caught up in it and I drug 2 other trucks to the drivers stand and turn marshalled our trucks. The lead took off as I was going to take off b4 him and pow, I got hit again...by the time I took off the leader was right behind me almost putting me a lap down so I went into " you better drive your fanny off" mode and ran him down in about 8 laps...man was it fast but got beat at the end by about 5 truck lengths...2 more laps and he would have been passed. Oh well, he did a good job and he had been racing all season, every week and never won an a main...I know this isn't sedan racing or cuda racing but it was a weekend like Eric's...
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:07 AM   #5867
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Well another week with the cuda and its even faster than last week. This week was on Rubber tires at Toys for Boys raceway where the Norrca On road nats will be next summer. Track is very large and fast. I TQ'd by 7 seconds with a best lap of 19.125 2nd place best lap was 20.05. At the start of the main I got out fast and was gone!! 3 laps in I had a half a track lead so I decided to take it easy and ride off the boards afew extra inches...MISTAKE!! I was so used to the car the way it was I lifted to early for a corner but forgot to turn a little later and BOOM. I caught the LF on the inner wall and snapped a Titanium screw that holds the LF pillow ball in the chassis for the arm So needless to say I didnt finish the main.

But on another note have any of you ever seen the center of the diff (where the diff screw runs through and the bearings in the diff gear ride) break out of the short diff outdrive? I was praticing today and my car suddenly took a hard turn and stopped. Upon inspection I found the center of the diff broke and me without a spare. Good news is that a Yokomo SD diff will fit if you put the cuda gear on it and use a TON of shims to get it alined up. And when I say a ton I mean I actually had 3 10x15 bearings on the outdrives instead of two (one was a spacer) and a bunch of thin shims on the other side but it worked perfect all day.

eric a

EA .......man it wasnt your weekend was it?? brake a Ti screw and wear a diff out as far as my racing this weekend i did alittle dirt banging nothing special waiting for the carpet fuzz to open up
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:26 AM   #5868
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
You managed to snap a titanium screw
Never seen that done before, must of been some hit, and shows the strength of the A-arms imagine tha on a yoke, or worse, a TC3

Not had your diff problem, but I did have a diff where the hole on one side for the bearing was too small, had to scrape it out with a scalpel to get the bearing in.

Sounds like you need some more competition where you are maybe you should concentrate on seeing how many people you can lap next time
Hey Herminator one of the guys in my race was in the A at the snowbirds and a few of the others are really fast...just wasnt as fast as the cuda this weekend but they were better drivers in the main than me!! Whicih is all that matters I guess.

ea
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 08:24 AM   #5869
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Hmm, this thread could do with some brightening up, from a few pics

d a v e

This should brighten you up..

A brighter pic....

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 08:37 AM   #5870
Regional Moderator

lol that will do It
Old 10-26-2003, 08:42 AM   #5871
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
This should brighten you up..

A brighter pic....
hmm, not bad but not perfect
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 10:53 AM   #5872
Tech Regular

yo people

Im currently running a Surikarn evo3, and i love it! 10/10 !
I guess i like it alot more then some as i run 2 diffs, running a oneway is a bit of a bummer. 8/10 for drive train.

Well i had a very good feeling Tamiya would be fixing this of even useing some sort of prototype at the worlds. I have been told that so far there is no news on anything looks like they are just gonna run the evo3.

As much as i do love my car i was thinking of trying an R2 , but now R3. Do you think i sh0uld? what advantages would it provide?

cheers
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:02 AM   #5873
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I'm kinda thinking of getting a Barracuda but wonder if it might be better to wait for the new R3. Does anyone know if they will have a conversion for those who have an R2 to convert it to R3 specs?
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:44 AM   #5874
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Evo_Uk
yo people

Im currently running a Surikarn evo3, and i love it! 10/10 !
I guess i like it alot more then some as i run 2 diffs, running a oneway is a bit of a bummer. 8/10 for drive train.

Well i had a very good feeling Tamiya would be fixing this of even useing some sort of prototype at the worlds. I have been told that so far there is no news on anything looks like they are just gonna run the evo3.

As much as i do love my car i was thinking of trying an R2 , but now R3. Do you think i sh0uld? what advantages would it provide?

cheers
Well I never owned a EVO III so I cant go from there.
But for the cuda I would wait for the R3 to come out and you should also keep in mind parts if you dont mind ordering them
then you are in good shape. The cuda is a very durable car and I think you will pleased with it !
Old 10-26-2003, 12:52 PM   #5875
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
I'm kinda thinking of getting a Barracuda but wonder if it might be better to wait for the new R3. Does anyone know if they will have a conversion for those who have an R2 to convert it to R3 specs?
The R3 will be a very good kit to get since it won't have the spur gear issues the R2 has out of the box. It's almost like an R2 equiped with the Xenon or Speedwal PAL conversion, a similar motor mount system but without the easy access spur and thicker graphite parts.

So if you can wait then do, it won't be necsarily better, it will be better value though
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #5876
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Well another week with the cuda and its even faster than last week. This week was on Rubber tires at Toys for Boys raceway where the Norrca On road nats will be next summer. Track is very large and fast. I TQ'd by 7 seconds with a best lap of 19.125 2nd place best lap was 20.05. At the start of the main I got out fast and was gone!! 3 laps in I had a half a track lead so I decided to take it easy and ride off the boards afew extra inches...MISTAKE!! I was so used to the car the way it was I lifted to early for a corner but forgot to turn a little later and BOOM. I caught the LF on the inner wall and snapped a Titanium screw that holds the LF pillow ball in the chassis for the arm So needless to say I didnt finish the main.

But on another note have any of you ever seen the center of the diff (where the diff screw runs through and the bearings in the diff gear ride) break out of the short diff outdrive? I was praticing today and my car suddenly took a hard turn and stopped. Upon inspection I found the center of the diff broke and me without a spare. Good news is that a Yokomo SD diff will fit if you put the cuda gear on it and use a TON of shims to get it alined up. And when I say a ton I mean I actually had 3 10x15 bearings on the outdrives instead of two (one was a spacer) and a bunch of thin shims on the other side but it worked perfect all day.

eric a
Sund like some one needs a few parts

congrats on the Big TQ

also did you like your new batterys..??

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:07 PM   #5877
Team EAM

Default Re: Re: Georgia State race

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sund like some one needs a few parts

congrats on the Big TQ

also did you like your new batterys..??

-Dave
Ya I do need some and speedtech is out of them Yes the new batts were very fast!!! Everyone thought they were junk because of the numbers on them but they just didnt realize that the numbers were at 35 amps

ea
Old 10-26-2003, 03:09 PM   #5878
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Georgia State race

Quote:
Ya I do need some and speedtech is out of them Yes the new batts were very fast!!! Everyone thought they were junk because of the numbers on them but they just didnt realize that the numbers were at 35 amps

ea

heheheheh

Big power or marginal..?

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:13 PM   #5879
Team EAM

They were pretty big....370 run time and 1.165-1.168's at 35 amps

ea