R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2003, 09:59 PM   #5761
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Cool, are they redily avalible in J-Land, or would it be a bitch for me to get one?
J-land only.... but PM me for more details

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:12 PM   #5762
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Well... YGPM
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:30 PM   #5763
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Well... YGPM
Back at ya"
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:48 PM   #5764
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

feeling left out now
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:00 PM   #5765
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Herm, you were telling me about a charger a while ago, what was it again?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:10 PM   #5766
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Herm, you were telling me about a charger a while ago, what was it again?
the Pro-Trak
www.pro-trak.co.uk
Price went up a couple months ago, still the best charger for the price in the UK, not that there's much competition in that price range the GFX is just too expensive here and offers no big advantage on the Pro-Trak.
The Futaba thing looks a lot like a Pro-Trak made to look nicer and with a bigger screen, would be interesting to know it's specs, like does it have individual cell monitering

You stopped racing your swiss cheese and gone back to the Cuda yet Randman?
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:17 PM   #5767
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Does the pro-trak come with the cell monitoring setup? Also saw that they have a temp monitor, I'm guessing that's not included though.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:30 PM   #5768
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Randman,

What are you running this weekend (class and car?) Just curious

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #5769
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Running pro stock for sure, possibly pro mod as well (depending on how packed it is and how much time we have)

The only car that I have built right now is the XXX-S...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #5770
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Here's a pic, it comes with the cell monitering things, those bundle of thin wires with crocodile clips on the ends, with a colour coded chart on the side of the charger so you know where to connect each one. The temp detecting module is the green thing on the box, you simply place your cells on top of it and the four sensors sit in the gaps between the cells, so temps are taken from more than one place so no cell can get overheated
The single cell leads and the temp detector both plug into the same serial port on the side of the charger so you can't use them both together but you don't normaly need to use them together anyway. On the other side of the charger there is a second serial port and this is used to connect to your PC, the lead for this isn't sold by Pro-Trak since it's so simple to make and parts are cheap, it's simply not worth them making them when the cost in work hours is greater than the components.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protrak.jpg (128.9 KB, 63 views)
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:37 PM   #5771
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

second pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protrakside.jpg (137.3 KB, 59 views)
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:38 PM   #5772
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Here's a pic, it comes with the cell monitering things, those bundle of thin wires with crocodile clips on the ends, with a colour coded chart on the side of the charger so you know where to connect each one. The temp detecting module is the green thing on the box, you simply place your cells on top of it and the four sensors sit in the gaps between the cells, so temps are taken from more than one place so no cell can get overheated
The single cell leads and the temp detector both plug into the same serial port on the side of the charger so you can't use them both together but you don't normaly need to use them together anyway. On the other side of the charger there is a second serial port and this is used to connect to your PC, the lead for this isn't sold by Pro-Trak since it's so simple to make and parts are cheap, it's simply not worth them making them when the cost in work hours is greater than the components.
The Pro trak looks nice...but then again it looks like a phone

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:38 PM   #5773
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I might have to go with the Pro-Trac charger... looks like it has everything I need. Is the motor run in stand necissary to do motor run in?

You dont know of a price list in USD do you?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:39 PM   #5774
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Running pro stock for sure, possibly pro mod as well (depending on how packed it is and how much time we have)

The only car that I have built right now is the XXX-S...

You really need to get that Cuda back together

-Dave

man do you need to send that one to me to..
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:40 PM   #5775
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I might have to go with the Pro-Trac charger... looks like it has everything I need. Is the motor run in stand necissary to do motor run in?

You dont know of a price list in USD do you?
Cha ching$$$


Hope your rich..........


Oh wait never mind

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net