R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-26-2003, 08:07 AM   #4966
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

Man did this thread go to h*** in a hand basket or what? If there is no car built like a cuda, fast and such, why is everyone going away from it? Kinda depressing to me. I like my cuda and will like it more on the carpet. Dave, you bailing out on us?? I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:37 AM   #4967
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Not to ba a A$$ or anything but this is the BARRACUDA THREAD..AND NOT THE TC-3 THREAD....

there is a different thrad were "you can" ask all the TC-3 questions to people that know the car better than we all do...

Sorry...

-Dave

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....chill out people. This board is meant to share information. So if get's off track sometimes, it is not the end of the world. I am not ragging on anyone, this forum is a place for sharing facts and opinions, and disagreement happens. As for crap, this place has its share. Sometimes I have to go through pages of:

user1: user2, YGPM

user2: Back at ya!

It doesn't matter if those PMs are Cuda related, but this is a public forum and not a private messenging service. I am not complaining but people just need to chill out and just enjoy our hobby. Just my .02.

Peace.
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:38 AM   #4968
TC3
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: TC3 Assemetrical Steering Lock

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio

Good luck with your Barracuda's guys. If anyone gets to try out the 'cells on the left' chassis more thoroughly, be sure to write about it - I'd be interested to hear what difference (if any) that it makes.

i am using the cells on the left layout
the triox xplosion uses this layout, because in europe, we usually drive anti clockwise on our tracks
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:53 AM   #4969
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: TC3 Assemetrical Steering Lock

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
the triox xplosion uses this layout, because in europe, we usually drive anti clockwise on our tracks
Good point! It also means you get the motor on the right side, shifting torque away from the heavier side of the car too - this was something I queried a few days ago, but it was never satisfactorily resolved. I reckoned that with the motor on the left side, this was theoretically un-sound and deserved an explanation. No one seemed to know why though.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:03 AM   #4970
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by elnitro
Whoa, whoa, whoa.....chill out people. This board is meant to share information. So if get's off track sometimes, it is not the end of the world. I am not ragging on anyone, this forum is a place for sharing facts and opinions, and disagreement happens. As for crap, this place has its share. Sometimes I have to go through pages of:

user1: user2, YGPM

user2: Back at ya!

It doesn't matter if those PMs are Cuda related, but this is a public forum and not a private messenging service. I am not complaining but people just need to chill out and just enjoy our hobby. Just my .02.

Peace.
You are absolutley right. I couldn't have put it better myself! Some of these guys do need to lighten-up. No one likes a double standard. We all race electric touring cars right? We should remain united and promote our sport. Solidarity bro
Old 09-26-2003, 10:31 AM   #4971
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: TC3 Assemetrical Steering Lock

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
well actually most european tracks run clockwise so the original Cuda has the cells on the correct side for weight being on the inside the most

As for the motor and torque steer, it appears to make no difference on the Cuda, the layout is nicely balanced and so you rarely ever notice torqye steer at all, and KO runs Speedway PAL Cuda's which have the cells on the left and said he notices no change in that area. Dave's also run just about every variation under the sun and said there is very little difference if anything in torque steer.
In a shaft drive car I think more problems will be caused by weight inbalances than the torque of a motor. If you think about the mass of an armature vs the mass of the rest of the car that the armature pushing against the magnets is trying to push it's not going to be a big enough force to create a big difference in the tyre/suspension loads left to right. If you hold a motor and start it going yes you feel a big kick of torque but then once it's going there is very little, in the car you should get a bit of a kick off the line, when the car isn't really traveling far forward in that instant so there is very little turning effect. Then once you're going you're never stopping the motor and so shouldn't get a massive kick of torque.

Yes we go way off topic here but it goes back to Cuda related eventually and it's normaly just friendly banter, we don't start discussing how to fix problems of other cars though, since there is somewhere else to do that.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 10:55 AM   #4972
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

This thread got hostile in a heartbeat Not taking sides or anything... but we have been discussing some other cars besides the TC3 on the last couple pages. All of the cuda guys are pretty close together, know eachother etc, so this is kinda like our chat forum. This isn't the right place to post a TC3 question, but we could be talking in the Pro 4 forum, and make a new Kyosho forum as well...

We should be as nice to all of these newcomers as we can, get them to drive the R2 so that it gets more popular...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #4973
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
... All of the cuda guys are pretty close together, know eachother etc, so this is kinda like our chat forum. ......
Sorry Randman, I have to disagree, this is NOT your chat forum. This is futureal's chat forum and just like everybody else we are just his "guests" here. He is just kind enough to provide the service.

Just like you said, I too am not taking any sides. I just call it as I see it. As for getting off topic, it WILL happen. This is a free country. We just have to remind ourselves to get back on track....no harm done...it all fun. Just like seeing KO's cool backyard, it's FUN! That is completely unrelated, but again, we are here to have fun. We all share the same interest, which are very expensive TOY cars...again it's all FUN.

Quote:
[B}We should be as nice to all of these newcomers as we can, get them to drive the R2 so that it gets more popular... [/B]
Now that is what I am talking about.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:05 PM   #4974
Tech Regular

Now, will all that said. Let get back to the regularly scheduled program, the R2.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:12 PM   #4975
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:13 PM   #4976
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Sorry Randman, I have to disagree, this is NOT your chat forum. This is futureal's chat forum and just like everybody else we are just his "guests" here. He is just kind enough to provide the service.
The R2 owners and racers do use this like a chat forum, we all know eachother and this is where we BS. I know that this is Futureals bulletin board, but we use this thread for talkin about the R2, and seein what's up with eachother...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:34 PM   #4977
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

horaito and other tc3 drivers

If you have a question on a TC3 then that should be brought up in the tc3 part of the forum! yeah we bash other cars as does the evo III ,XXX-S, hpi, x-ray ,yokomo bash cudas . that is why there is more then just the cuda thread. so if you have questions for the tc3 PLEASE take it there!

Heath.......... man dave isnt giving up the cuda he is like me and has to many of them to run or have the time to maintain them.
if for some reason you dont like your cuda and you think everyone is jumping off the cuda ride then by all means sell it to me on the 27th so i wont have to hear you go on anymore. and you can go back to your yoko . if you like your cuda then please stop going on with the garb!
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:53 PM   #4978
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
horaito and other tc3 drivers

If you have a question on a TC3 then that should be brought up in the tc3 part of the forum! yeah we bash other cars as does the evo III ,XXX-S, hpi, x-ray ,yokomo bash cudas . that is why there is more then just the cuda thread. so if you have questions for the tc3 PLEASE take it there!

You're missing the point - and being patronising ain't clever, nor is repeating what all your pals have already said!! I'm well aware of the existence of other threads, no one is that dull - not even a 'noob'. BTW, I don't drive TC3's any longer (haven't done for about 6 months - I drive an SD now). One other point - I didn't bring up the TC3 subject, another user started mentioning about rates and made some comparisons. As I said, nobody likes a double standard - not even a noob like me. So do us all a favour and kick some one else in the ass instead
Old 09-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #4979
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Now, will all that said. Let get back to the regularly scheduled program, the R2.
Good for you, sticking to your principles despite 'the overwhelming odds'

BTW, I love all my 'toys' equally - ALL of them!
Old 09-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #4980
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

hmm...

time to have a drink me thinks

it's the weekend folks, be happy
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote