Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 08-30-2003, 04:22 PM
  #3856  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yep the part that goes through the hub and bolts on to the dog bone...

it`s a Xenon Part ...so E-mail speed tech and see if he can get if for you..

-Dave
ooh titanium....

think I'll wait and see how they wear first, I've had some titanium cvd's for my Pro 3, they were good but others had excessive wear from them
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 04:25 PM
  #3857  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up Xenon chassis

OK guys here is the Skinny on the Xenon chassis conversion...about whats different that the normal R2 chassis...Well for starters, The chassis is 3mm and the upper deck is split...but you all aready know that...but the big differeance is that the batterys are moved 5mm forward!!! Can you say more steering!! ...so this chasis kit looks like it will be fun to test out here next week..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 04:30 PM
  #3858  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Cells 5mm forward... watch out, Randman's getting his credit card out
means adding and counter balance to the chassis will be harder to find room for, I like mine next to the motor, now I'll want it up front. Not sure I want more steering for wooden floors anyway, normaly it's a case of limiting oversteer.

any more info on the excel kit yet?
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 04:35 PM
  #3859  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Cells 5mm forward... watch out, Randman's getting his credit card out
means adding and counter balance to the chassis will be harder to find room for, I like mine next to the motor, now I'll want it up front. Not sure I want more steering for wooden floors anyway, normaly it's a case of limiting oversteer.

any more info on the excel kit yet?
LAst time I talked with Steve He said that he was going to be getting the Xenon Kits..so ..hit him up ..

The chassis carbon is really nice too I`m in the middle of glueing and sealing the chassis right now..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 04:37 PM
  #3860  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
ooh titanium....

think I'll wait and see how they wear first, I've had some titanium cvd's for my Pro 3, they were good but others had excessive wear from them
These have to be better than the stock ones..
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 04:43 PM
  #3861  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
LAst time I talked with Steve He said that he was going to be getting the Xenon Kits..so ..hit him up ..

The chassis carbon is really nice too I`m in the middle of glueing and sealing the chassis right now..

-Dave
we want pics

so what are you kitting each cuda with now? PAL version for one or two?
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 04:46 PM
  #3862  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
we want pics

so what are you kitting each cuda with now? PAL version for one or two?
2 Xenons and one PAL..for now
I wont touch the web..yet
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 11:48 PM
  #3863  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yep the part that goes through the hub and bolts on to the dog bone...

it`s a Xenon Part ...so E-mail speed tech and see if he can get if for you..

-Dave
Nice, I might want to run those on the web special...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 11:50 PM
  #3864  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Xenon chassis

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
OK guys here is the Skinny on the Xenon chassis conversion...about whats different that the normal R2 chassis...Well for starters, The chassis is 3mm and the upper deck is split...but you all aready know that...but the big differeance is that the batterys are moved 5mm forward!!! Can you say more steering!! ...so this chasis kit looks like it will be fun to test out here next week..

-Dave
Hmm, that might be the steering solution we've been searching for It's looking like pinky is getting equipped with one before long

Does the PAL type A chassis have the batteries moved forward as well?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-30-2003, 11:56 PM
  #3865  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Barracuda 1-2-3 Sweep

Well just got home from running brushless at SoCal today. Qualifiers finished all the same, Dave 1'st, Rocketron 2'nd, me 3'rd, all of us running the R2. We had a 5 minute main, and were the only cars to make a 26 lap run, Dave and Ron both with a 26 5.0, and myself a little off pace at 26 5.02. I'm getting the hang of the brushless motor finally, hoping to race again Tuesday and get a little more time with the BL motor. Still working on the setup, but I finally have the car where I want it, rather than the front pushing so horribly, the rear end is finally starting to get loose, which I can fix with a softer spring
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-31-2003, 07:46 AM
  #3866  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up New Barracuda Ti goodies

Have a look at my new toys can you say 15 grams lighter than stock ..just when you thought that this ca couldn`t get any lighter

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-picture-277.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-31-2003, 07:50 AM
  #3867  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up Xenon Chassis Kit pic`s

have a look..
Bottom
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-picture-268.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-31-2003, 07:52 AM
  #3868  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default More

Cloese up of lower chassis cut outs.. around the bulkheads and motor mount.


-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-picture-269.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-31-2003, 07:55 AM
  #3869  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

front section of lower deck..notice how far forward teh batterys are moved 5mm to be on the ball just look at were the servo mount is in relation to the front battery cell slot..
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-picture-270.jpg  
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-31-2003, 07:57 AM
  #3870  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Did I mention that there was two of them

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.