R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2003, 10:16 AM   #3526
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

some more hopups arrived today
e.g. red xenon 1 rear hub carriers, seems like the stock hubcarriers have 2 of toe in !
but the xenon hubcarriers are heavier then the stock ones and the have a little play
well the stock ones wer binding
take a look at the picture, the xenon hubs have a diffrent bearing location
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:20 AM   #3527
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The 1 deg hubs are great.... it's give a total of 3deg rear-toe-in... and you don't have to mess with the off-center arm mount balls.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #3528
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
some more hopups arrived today
e.g. red xenon 1 rear hub carriers, seems like the stock hubcarriers have 2 of toe in !
but the xenon hubcarriers are heavier then the stock ones and the have a little play
well the stock ones wer binding
take a look at the picture, the xenon hubs have a diffrent bearing location
Interesting TC3, looks like the arm may have more angle with that offset ?
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:32 AM   #3529
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
some more hopups arrived today
e.g. red xenon 1 rear hub carriers, seems like the stock hubcarriers have 2 of toe in !
but the xenon hubcarriers are heavier then the stock ones and the have a little play
well the stock ones wer binding
take a look at the picture, the xenon hubs have a diffrent bearing location
Have you got the same hubs on there? since the Xenon one has 1degree it may be in the opposite direction, compare it against the other one and it may show less difference.

Bearing height looks like a minimal change, haven't heard of any problems caused by it any way.

Of course it will be heavier, but I never had binding with my kit items, some have reported slop in the alloy items, maybe it's to allow for any kit differences, most other kits need a spacer here and there too.

looks like you need a new hex driver though it looks a little rounded and even twisted
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:43 AM   #3530
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Have you got the same hubs on there? since the Xenon one has 1degree it may be in the opposite direction, compare it against the other one and it may show less difference.

Bearing height looks like a minimal change, haven't heard of any problems caused by it any way.

Of course it will be heavier, but I never had binding with my kit items, some have reported slop in the alloy items, maybe it's to allow for any kit differences, most other kits need a spacer here and there too.

looks like you need a new hex driver though it looks a little rounded and even twisted
there is a diffrence on the hubs, its not just in the picture

but my hex dirver is in perfect shape, i just look bent in the picture
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:24 AM   #3531
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default Re: shock help

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinm
Thanks Hermi for the help with the O rings but I slill could use help with the shocks. there are a lot of different size teflon spacers and some that look to go a certain way and it's kind of hard to be sure you have it right. Then there is a clip to hold it all together and I'm getting dizzy just trying to describe it.
PLEASE HELP

Kevin
maybe this can help u ?

http://home.arcor.de/fabian.rc/damp.jpg
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #3532
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: shock help

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
maybe this can help u ?

http://home.arcor.de/fabian.rc/d%e4mper.jpg
pics would not show...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #3533
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

try again
i am not sure wether this instruction comes with ur kits...
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:29 AM   #3534
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
try again
i am not sure wether this instruction comes with ur kits...
OK...its working...
the pics are the same as we got with the WEB...you're lucky you got english text...mine is all Japanese.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:30 AM   #3535
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default


do u have all the pics for the manual? heheh
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:30 AM   #3536
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
OK...its working...
the pics are the same as we got with the WEB...you're lucky you got english text...mine is all Japanese.
it's german text
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #3537
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
do u have all the pics for the manual? heheh
do u mean the shock pics? yes i do
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:40 AM   #3538
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
do u mean the shock pics? yes i do
i mean the whole manual
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:20 PM   #3539
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default

man i dont think ill be able to race until next season, i got so much more things to buy and i need a job... ill rather save up n buy the quality things than save money n buy cheap
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:03 PM   #3540
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: So Cal
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
man i dont think ill be able to race until next season, i got so much more things to buy and i need a job... ill rather save up n buy the quality things than save money n buy cheap
Well, that's your call. As rc-zombies said earlier, "Buy what you can afford". R/C is an expensive hobby and it's not necessary to buy the most expensive stuff to have fun. Don't get caught up in all the hype.

Also, have you checked out the "For Sale" forum. You can find some pretty good deals out there.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net