Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 08-08-2003, 11:13 AM
  #2626  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
fyi...if you go light on the paint TC bodies weigh around 100g Maj.
My liteweight NSX is 88g
I dunno, you held my car last night, did it feel light or what? LOL. My lid is pretty heavy since I had covered the backing with 1/2 a can of Pactra and when I weight the car on scale, I didn't have the lid on. I can't wait to try on one of your lightweight bodies. *hint*hint*

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 AM
  #2627  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
wekk thats more reasonable then, was wondering how much a shell weighed.

Maj I'm using a pair of alloy posts to mount my battery strap on, it's fire as long as you mount the spur to the rear of the car. Looks very nice too
Herm, you got a picture of that post? or where do I get one? LOL.. always wanted to try something different. The bulky brace is definately out for me. hehe..

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:15 AM
  #2628  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
My liteweight NSX is 88g
Hey RBF...check your hotmail account. I sent you some interesting stuff foo!
rtypec is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:15 AM
  #2629  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
fyi...if you go light on the paint TC bodies weigh around 100g Maj.
My liteweight NSX is 88g
RBF... I see on your set-up sheets that you use the NSX body alot... does it handle any better compared to the new Alpha's?
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:19 AM
  #2630  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
RBF... I see on your set-up sheets that you use the NSX body alot... does it handle any better compared to the new Alpha's?
I'm sure its the body, no wait, maybe the driver, no wait, maybe the body? wait, I'm confused. j/k

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:22 AM
  #2631  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
I'm sure its the body, no wait, maybe the driver, no wait, maybe the body? wait, I'm confused. j/k

Dan

It's definately the body.... it's better than the boring Stratus.

Hope to own a real NSX one day.
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:24 AM
  #2632  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Herm, you got a picture of that post? or where do I get one? LOL.. always wanted to try something different. The bulky brace is definately out for me. hehe..

Dan
The post I use is made for the RC Lab and uses a body clip to secure the battery strap, you have to drill the holes in the strap out to 4mm to allow the post to go through, I have a pic of my Lab with old unanodized posts on, not very clear but you should get the idea. My cuda has newer blue anodized posts on
Dave has used Yokomo posts on his cars I think, they allow you to use screws to attach the battery strap like the plastic kit peices are meant to do.

I really need a digi cam of my own...
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-lab.jpg  
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
  #2633  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
It's definately the body.... it's better than the boring Stratus.

Hope to own a real NSX one day.
lol, funnily I've never had a stratus shell for such a popular shell I've had most popular racing shells apart from that one.
Don't think I'd get away with an NSX in the SMTCA though, would be fine at club level....
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:29 AM
  #2634  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
It's definately the body.... it's better than the boring Stratus.

Hope to own a real NSX one day.

Coincidentally, RBF and I was talking about that last night. I had one before and the car drives nice, but you'll go through tires every 10,000 to 12,000 miles max. And all four, not just the front. Them tires are expensive too. After 2 years, I gave it to my eldest daugther and she couldn't handle the tire cost so she traded it in for a cheapy slk. hehe.. My neighbor still has one with twin modified turbo and one of them newest version skylines park on the driveway.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:32 AM
  #2635  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
The post I use is made for the RC Lab and uses a body clip to secure the battery strap, you have to drill the holes in the strap out to 4mm to allow the post to go through, I have a pic of my Lab with old unanodized posts on, not very clear but you should get the idea. My cuda has newer blue anodized posts on
Dave has used Yokomo posts on his cars I think, they allow you to use screws to attach the battery strap like the plastic kit peices are meant to do.

I really need a digi cam of my own...
Thanks Herm, I'll look into it. Can't seemed to find anybody carrying the RC Lab stuff here in Socal. I might have to mill on to work.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:35 AM
  #2636  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Coincidentally, RBF and I was talking about that last night. I had one before and the car drives nice, but you'll go through tires every 10,000 to 12,000 miles max. And all four, not just the front. Them tires are expensive too. After 2 years, I gave it to my eldest daugther and she couldn't handle the tire cost so she traded it in for a cheapy slk. hehe.. My neighbor still has one with twin modified turbo and one of them newest version skylines park on the driveway.

Dan
I'll just stay with my ol beater gas hog...A Chevette with a 350 and a 671 blower...
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:36 AM
  #2637  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Battery strap

Dan...

I was just thinking...
Here's an idea for you... use the 6 cell graphite strap from the Ray. built in screws...no screws or clips to loose...
It should fit... it fits on my SD.
I'll put it on when I get home...
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:52 AM
  #2638  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default Re: Battery strap

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Dan...

I was just thinking...
Here's an idea for you... use the 6 cell graphite strap from the Ray. built in screws...no screws or clips to loose...
It should fit... it fits on my SD.
I'll put it on when I get home...
Holy [email protected] you are absolutely right. I couldn't believe I overlooked that. I'll give it a go today and see how it turns out.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 02:24 PM
  #2639  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default Web Special weight in

Here's the weight in. I can't believe this car went on a diet and lost some weight after yesterday's excercise. I musta work her out too much.
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-dsc00132.jpg  
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 08-08-2003, 02:25 PM
  #2640  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default With the lid on

Here's with the lid on.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-dsc00134.jpg  
Maj. Teeth is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.