R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2003, 10:38 AM   #2566
Tech Master
 
forty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,922
Default

I broke a couple already, totally my fault. I am thinking of getting the Xenon aluminum c-hub for the cuda if it fits since nobody is releasing one yet for the SD.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:42 AM   #2567
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
I broke a couple already, totally my fault. I am thinking of getting the Xenon aluminum c-hub for the cuda if it fits since nobody is releasing one yet for the SD.
the hinge pins are of differenct size... the cuda uses a larger dia. hinge pins. and on the SD.. you have the option of mounting in upper or lower position for tuning... on the Cuda..only 1 position.
Stay with the SD C-blocks.... Team Sukuki will eventually come out with one and I'm sure Yokomo will release a graphite version.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:50 AM   #2568
Tech Master
 
forty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,922
Default

Thanks zombies. I'll probably need to be more careful staying off the boards for the meantime.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #2569
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
Thanks zombies. I'll probably need to be more careful staying off the boards for the meantime.
I have the same problem... those boards always gets in my way...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:53 AM   #2570
Tech Master
 
forty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,922
Default

Yep, they freaking move when you try to avoid them.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 02:30 PM   #2571
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Just got done assembling the shocks...
and in the process almost lost one of the those spacers and wire spring clip. luckily I found them.

It's not as silky smooth compared to the Yok SD shocks. the shock shaft doesn't move in & out smoothly. Feels like something is clamping around it... is it the 1mm spacer? I used the clear O-rings and also applied the usual green slime on it. Is the 1mm spacer neccessary?

Please advice...thanks.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 03:37 PM   #2572
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: So Cal
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
It's not as silky smooth compared to the Yok SD shocks. the shock shaft doesn't move in & out smoothly. Feels like something is clamping around it... is it the 1mm spacer? I used the clear O-rings and also applied the usual green slime on it. Is the 1mm spacer neccessary?

Please advice...thanks.
I think the problem with Cuda shocks is that there is no room for the compressed oil to go. Normally, you see bladders or foam rings in the shocks so when the piston moves in, the displaced oil has somewhere to go. The build instructions recommended #200 and #100 oil which translate to 15wt and 5wt.

I have tried the HPI #2 piston with 40wt oil and it seems good but still the shocks feel stiff. I just put on the new some Yokomo (blue) caps with Rayspeed yellow bladders and used 40wt oil and I have to say they feel much better.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 03:45 PM   #2573
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I don't even have oil in the shocks yet... and they feel very stiff...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 03:56 PM   #2574
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: So Cal
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
I don't even have oil in the shocks yet... and they feel very stiff...
What pistons are you using? Hopefully not the black ones off the parts tree. There should have been white teflon ones in your kit. I found some HPI #2 with bigger holes.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:04 PM   #2575
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

HPI #2piston....
and I didn't find any white teflon ones..

I'm going take them apart again and rebuild... I did notice that the plastic part ( the first part that goes in ) is not totally flush. I may have to push that part in harder...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:21 PM   #2576
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

You should have some white pistons somewhere, and the first spacer in the shock should fit snugly, showing out the other side. My shocks were nice and smoothat all times, just found using the bleed screws was a right pain, if they are stiff when full of oil but fine without oil then you haven't bled enough oil out.
They should be as good as Yokomo shocks because thats what they are essentialy
The 1mm spacer you're talking about, is that the one that goes on the rear shocks only or the one in the base of all four shocks?

You could really do with Dave's photo's of the shocks......
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:30 PM   #2577
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
You should have some white pistons somewhere, and the first spacer in the shock should fit snugly, showing out the other side. My shocks were nice and smoothat all times, just found using the bleed screws was a right pain, if they are stiff when full of oil but fine without oil then you haven't bled enough oil out.
They should be as good as Yokomo shocks because thats what they are essentialy
The 1mm spacer you're talking about, is that the one that goes on the rear shocks only or the one in the base of all four shocks?

You could really do with Dave's photo's of the shocks......
the 1mm spacer is the one sandwich between the O-rings... I think I found the culprit...yes its the first plastic part that shows. It was not pushed out all the way. and was at an angle making it tight.... now all 4 are a little smoother. Still not as smooth as Yokomo shocks... I think I'll swap out the clear O-ring and replace them with Rayspeed yellow O-rings... which were silky smooth on my SD. Yea... bleeding the shocks is a pain... I'm going to go with the New Yok caps and RaySpeed bladders.

would like to see Dave's shock photos... that would be helpful...and there's too many pages to search for it..
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:33 PM   #2578
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

he's not actually posted pics yet, he said he'd do it a couple days ago but then had camera problems, which he aparently fixed....
must be busy playing with his cuda's
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:34 PM   #2579
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
he's not actually posted pics yet, he said he'd do it a couple days ago but then had camera problems, which he aparently fixed....
must be busy playing with his cuda's
yea...either he's out playing or still in bed.... I think it's early morning now in Japan...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 09:06 PM   #2580
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Just got done assembling the shocks...
and in the process almost lost one of the those spacers and wire spring clip. luckily I found them.

It's not as silky smooth compared to the Yok SD shocks. the shock shaft doesn't move in & out smoothly. Feels like something is clamping around it... is it the 1mm spacer? I used the clear O-rings and also applied the usual green slime on it. Is the 1mm spacer neccessary?

Please advice...thanks.
I had the same problem with the shafts binding a slight bit. It is propably the first spacer causing the bind, be sure it's put all the way flush. I also use MIP O-Rings, they are much smoother.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net