Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 07-30-2003, 06:24 PM
  #2161  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Re: "hard" suspension parts

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Better Driving... They are quite rigid....and you have ti heat up the A-arm before you put the 6.8mm ball into them or they will crack 100%

-Dave
Yikes, how much do you heat them up? I'd be afraid of melting them, or not heating them up enough so I'd still crack them.
I think they could do with making a split ball that when you put the screw in it it forces it out to a proper spherical shape, so when the screw isn't in, the sides are slightly closer together in one direction, or two if they put two splits in it at 90 degrees, but I think that would weaken the ball too much. So it would look like the top deck balls but wil a longer slit in, and they'd probably have to be sprung steel.
A 2.5mm hex shaped hole on the top would be good too, so you could tighten them easily from the top.
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:26 PM
  #2162  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "hard" suspension parts

Originally posted by Herminator
don't suppose you could scan it or even just take a digital photo of it.
here is a photo not the best but you get what im talking about
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-pics-001.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:31 PM
  #2163  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "hard" suspension parts

Originally posted by Ko Racer
here is a photo not the best but you get what im talking about
Thanks
nice positioning of the reflections the cuda pic the only one not obscured in any way
Now I'm wondering what the bit on he left said, looks like the first two words of each line has been cut off
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:35 PM
  #2164  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "hard" suspension parts

Originally posted by Ko Racer
i will send you a copy of it i have 2 of them
Hey Ko, since your sending homeboy stuff , ya might as well order a Reedy Race DVD from Izzyracer and ship it so that he can see RBF in action as well

Oh yeah, it says:

COMPETITION

"Just when you thought touring cars have peaked in popularity, there seems to be no end. This year's race showcased no less than eight competitive cars. It was even stranger that not one TC3 or XXX-S was found in the 19-turn class. Here's a look at all the cars that can help you make the Main."

I think that's either Steve's or John's Cuda in the pick.

The Evo thread's kinda slow lately so I've been trolling here
rtypec is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:37 PM
  #2165  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: "hard" suspension parts

Originally posted by Herminator
Yikes, how much do you heat them up? I'd be afraid of melting them, or not heating them up enough so I'd still crack them.
I think they could do with making a split ball that when you put the screw in it it forces it out to a proper spherical shape, so when the screw isn't in, the sides are slightly closer together in one direction, or two if they put two splits in it at 90 degrees, but I think that would weaken the ball too much. So it would look like the top deck balls but wil a longer slit in, and they'd probably have to be sprung steel.
A 2.5mm hex shaped hole on the top would be good too, so you could tighten them easily from the top.
Just use a hair dyer... that should do the trick...

also if you want to tighten the 6.8mm balls you can hyst flip them over and add a 1mm shim under the ball head to make adjusting them more user friendly

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:40 PM
  #2166  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

man herm you are harsh dude here is another for you
at least i posted you a pic that is the best i can get with a camera
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-pics-004.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:40 PM
  #2167  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by SpeedTech
KO,

That's actually my car, and the photographer actually dropped it right before he took the picture...hahahaha So the wire and everything looks all messy.

Madjack,

Good to see you back maybe I'll see you at Tamiya this Sat?

Steve Wang
Nice to see they take care of the cars while taking the pics...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:44 PM
  #2168  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Steve - I can't find it on your site, but do you sell the shim set from Alex?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:44 PM
  #2169  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "hard" suspension parts

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey Ko, since your sending homeboy stuff , ya might as well order a Reedy Race DVD from Izzyracer and ship it so that he can see RBF in action as well

Oh yeah, it says:

COMPETITION

"Just when you thought touring cars have peaked in popularity, there seems to be no end. This year's race showcased no less than eight competitive cars. It was even stranger that not one TC3 or XXX-S was found in the 19-turn class. Here's a look at all the cars that can help you make the Main."

I think that's either Steve's or John's Cuda in the pick.

The Evo thread's kinda slow lately so I've been trolling here
lol i got one here i will send it
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-pics-disc.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:45 PM
  #2170  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: "hard" suspension parts

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Just use a hair dyer... that should do the trick...

also if you want to tighten the 6.8mm balls you can hyst flip them over and add a 1mm shim under the ball head to make adjusting them more user friendly

-Dave
I have no problems keeping my balls tightened just thought it would be a handy feature for quick rebuilds, or when you can't find those long nose pliers you had in your hand a minute ago I'm amazed how many tools I've had to look for after I just put them down, I usually find I'm sitting on them, and with my boney back side I would have thought I'd notice a pair of pliers or a hex driver
I may just have to get some titanium quick shock mounts that includes the little tool excuses excuses
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:48 PM
  #2171  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Nice to see they take care of the cars while taking the pics...

Yea I have a hard enought time keeping mine from getting mess up be the Novice Drivers at my track let alone a Camara guy

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:49 PM
  #2172  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I got my wrench with the web edition
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:50 PM
  #2173  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
man herm you are harsh dude here is another for you
at least i posted you a pic that is the best i can get with a camera
Hey wasn't meaning to insult you, it was very well focused for such a close up shot, and we saw the important car

that second one was a little hard to read though text a little blury, good job I have good eyesight

but did you have to tease me with the Alex Racing tool at the top?

thanks for the photo's
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:53 PM
  #2174  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Hey wasn't meaning to insult you, it was very well focused for such a close up shot, and we saw the important car

that second one was a little hard to read though text a little blury, good job I have good eyesight

but did you have to tease me with the Alex Racing tool at the top?

thanks for the photo's

I know man and im sorry i didnt remove the ALEX torx driver out of the picture.
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 07-30-2003, 06:59 PM
  #2175  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Definately... SD and Evo2 will be up for sale soon.
heehhheheeheh

-Dave

P.S. It`s about time
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.