Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 07-24-2003, 10:18 AM
  #1936  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
oh you did it now heath here is my newest cuda

can you say orange baby
I told you before, STOP TEASING!!!

ImGoinRCn- are you running mod? if you're just running stock then the alloy shaft holders should be enough to stop spur stripping, atleast let spurs last a while you have to take time building the car though.
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 10:19 AM
  #1937  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
dave ..... looks what being sent to you in the morning
email me your addy one more time just so i make sure i have it wrote down right. i want to make sure you get them! 2.0 's baby coming your way

4 shells! no wonder everywhere I look the Alpha 2.0's are all sold out.
I guess I have to settle for Losi's Alpha and Lexus for now.

you have one sweet web special....

I guess we both are getting old... mostly street and parking lot set-ups...
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 10:22 AM
  #1938  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
4 shells! no wonder everywhere I look the Alpha 2.0's are all sold out.
I guess I have to settle for Losi's Alpha and Lexus for now.

you have one sweet web special....

I guess we both are getting old... mostly street and parking lot set-ups...
Yeah, it pays to buy more than one of a first load of shells to be released hmm, what colour scheme next......
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 10:27 AM
  #1939  
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

i actually found that moving the spur to the inside of the holder(closest to the center of the car) actually stops stripping alot in stock racing anyway havent tried my car in mod yet but it does mean you have to trim the rear battery bolder thing i just cut mines in half and used velcro to hold my batteries down
John_S is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 10:31 AM
  #1940  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by John_S
i actually found that moving the spur to the inside of the holder(closest to the center of the car) actually stops stripping alot in stock racing anyway havent tried my car in mod yet but it does mean you have to trim the rear battery bolder thing i just cut mines in half and used velcro to hold my batteries down
yeah that can help but I'm using the alloy battery strap so it's a no go for me now. I haven't had too much problem with Kimbrough gears since they are nice and wide, will hopefully have a better set of spur gears eventually though, should let the pinion sit further onto the motor shaft, be nice and light and have a wide meshing area, aswell as being precision machined
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 10:38 AM
  #1941  
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

kool ill have to get some proper battery posts for mines cuz those holders look kinda ugly and i had stripped 2 gears on it 1 was the kit gear that i stripped in the cars debut race where i broke 2 teeth of off it and the 2nd was a kimbrough spour that was totally destroyed its jsut a piece of round plastic now but i put in a rw gear and moved it to the toher side and its still lookin brand new
John_S is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 03:08 PM
  #1942  
Tech Addict
 
racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ADVAN Le Mans Project
Posts: 707
Default

nice car Ko racer,

would anyone know where i can get one?

the more and more i look at the cuda's the more i want one.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
racer is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 04:04 PM
  #1943  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
dave ..... looks what being sent to you in the morning
email me your addy one more time just so i make sure i have it wrote down right. i want to make sure you get them! 2.0 's baby coming your way
Sweet

Thanks big guy!!

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 04:07 PM
  #1944  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Yeah, it pays to buy more than one of a first load of shells to be released hmm, what colour scheme next......
Yep...

Can you say Orange and Purple with a bit of Chrome and White ..one the 1st body that is

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 04:09 PM
  #1945  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yep...

Can you say Orange and Purple with a bit of Chrome and White ..one the 1st body that is

-Dave
sounds like a good combo, should be bright too
Herminator is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 04:11 PM
  #1946  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by racer
nice car Ko racer,

would anyone know where i can get one?

the more and more i look at the cuda's the more i want one.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
The Web version is a very Rare item now...I have seen a few in Tokyo at some of the shops I go to...but that was 2 weeks ago...and they cost some major coin!!!!

-Dave

as for the regular R2 hit Steve at SpeedTech up...he can help you
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 05:18 PM
  #1947  
Tech Addict
 
racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ADVAN Le Mans Project
Posts: 707
Default

Thanks JDM_DOHC_SiR,

would there be any stores online that sell them?
racer is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 05:25 PM
  #1948  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by racer
Thanks JDM_DOHC_SiR,

would there be any stores online that sell them?
You could only get the Web version through ALEX Racing Japan`s home page...what a few shops in tokyo did was order them for the Store which is a Big No no in ALEX`s book...
but they still have 2 left..


# 63 and 64

550$ is quite is bit of Cash

-Dave

BTW R/C Champ tokyo has them...but Speed Tech has the R2 in regular form
also Alex is selling the Web Chassis today so you can have the same version...just not in Orange

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 05:40 PM
  #1949  
Tech Addict
 
racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ADVAN Le Mans Project
Posts: 707
Default

$550

but the orange looks so nice...

and seeing that the web version is close to being fully hopped up??? that is why it is so tempting. yet, the price is throwing me off. where i'm from ordering parts shouldn't be a problem.

decisions, decisions.

anyone want to trade for an Evo III???

Thanks again
racer is offline  
Old 07-24-2003, 05:56 PM
  #1950  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Orange Cuda

KO that car is beutiful. Ill be getting my cuda sometime next week so Im happy to say you guys have a new guy on this form!
johnny55 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.