Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Randman- looks very good. I'm gonna have to borrow your air-scoop idea. You should come out to HobbyCentral Sunday, the Baracudas have been unstopable there
Old 07-18-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: SETUP

Originally posted by Herminator
Not sure exactly on setup, try a fairly basic setup first, the stock setup has been a good starting point for all tracks with my R2.
Sorex make good tyres but I like to stick to Take Off's CS range, I've seen Sorex go off after one or two runs, Take Off's last a long time if your car is setup well.

Gearing is hard to say without seeing the track, last time I used a stock motor outside it was at around an overall ratio of 7.0 but that was with a Matrix V10R, which is quite a revvy motor like the Monster, but that track was average size with only one straight. On tha same track I gear a 19t Matrix at 6.05 and it flies

Thanks for the reply, i decided to start with 60WT F&R, 1 Deg F&R ill give it a try the track im going to run on next week is quite far so cannot really practice on it unless on the day

What springs do you ghuys use for the CUDA ?? I heard ppl recommending AE springs over the Alex springs ?? Any particular reason ??

Once again thanks for the reply
Old 07-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: SETUP

Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Thanks for the reply, i decided to start with 60WT F&R, 1 Deg F&R ill give it a try the track im going to run on next week is quite far so cannot really practice on it unless on the day

What springs do you ghuys use for the CUDA ?? I heard ppl recommending AE springs over the Alex springs ?? Any particular reason ??

Once again thanks for the reply
60W oil!!!!!!!! are you running that CUda on carpet?? ...

STart off with this if it`s a Open track

Front
400 or 40 W oil
stock spring(or HPI Pink 27mm)
1 deg camber
5 deg caster
0.5 toe out
5mm ride height
2mm droop
upper camber link upper position on hub ,inner position on upper deck

Rear
350 or 35W oil
stock spring(or HPI light blue 27mm)
1.5deg camber
2.5deg toe in
5.5mm ride height
3mm droop
lower camber link upper position on hub, inner position on upper deck

and as for the tires 24R Sorex tires are quite soft....I only use 28R`s in the winter time....and it gets down to about 5 deg Cel.

try this set up....

-Dave
Old 07-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Are the R1 shocks a different length from the R2's?
I have problems getting a low enough ride height when using RC Lab springs which are a tiny bit shorter than HPI's, with the collars fully wound up I have about 6.5mm of ride height. I'm using Lab pinks on the front BTW, which are a more even step up in stiffness than HPI's which seem to have different sized gaps between each colour, I have the Cuda kit springs on the rear.
I need to try sanding some of the paint off the ends of the springs but I don't see it giving me enough to get down to 5mm, not that I usualy run that low anyway, tracks are too bumpy normaly
Old 07-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Any chance of a more precise kinda date for the Xenon version R2, the whole kit that is, not the upgrade for the normal kit.
My 21st is a few months away
Old 07-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
Any chance of a more precise kinda date for the Xenon version R2, the whole kit that is, not the upgrade for the normal kit.
My 21st is a few months away
Hermi`
Xenon is only selling the Upgrade kit only... there will not be a full kit..... and this upgrade kit will wor for R1 and R2

as for whwn it will come out.... Well there is the All Japan TC race around the 15~20th of August ...so I would think right at the end of that month because the Works drivers are still testing the chassis and such

-Dave
Old 07-18-2003, 07:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeR
Randman- looks very good. I'm gonna have to borrow your air-scoop idea. You should come out to HobbyCentral Sunday, the Baracudas have been unstopable there
Dangit, I didn't know they were racing this Sunday, I'll try to make it out there. What is the hot tire to run there? I need to get Donny Vinkemulder's # again so I can see if he'll be there so I can tap into his generator
Old 07-18-2003, 07:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Do the FLAP shock towers have the same shock mounting positions as the stock towers?
Old 07-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Do the FLAP shock towers have the same shock mounting positions as the stock towers?
Yes, the body mount holes are a little different, and the carbon has one extra layer.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I saw the extra layer on your car, I think I am going to switch to them just to get a little more ridgitity. On the stock rear tower, I can't make use of the outer shock mounting hole because the body mount is in the way, did the FLAP towers fix that problem?

Is their upper deck stiffer than stock, or does it have more flex?
Old 07-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
I saw the extra layer on your car, I think I am going to switch to them just to get a little more ridgitity. On the stock rear tower, I can't make use of the outer shock mounting hole because the body mount is in the way, did the FLAP towers fix that problem?

Is their upper deck stiffer than stock, or does it have more flex?
Oddly enough the outer shock mtg hole on the Flap part is still of no use ?

The upper deck has a different shape, but I think it has about the same amount of rigidity.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That kinda sucks that you can't use the outer rear hole... I might cut up a piece of CF and mount the body posts on that rather than the rear shock tower. I'd like to try making use of those holes.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hermi`
Xenon is only selling the Upgrade kit only... there will not be a full kit..... and this upgrade kit will wor for R1 and R2

as for whwn it will come out.... Well there is the All Japan TC race around the 15~20th of August ...so I would think right at the end of that month because the Works drivers are still testing the chassis and such

-Dave
so is the upgrade kit the whole 58000yen?
or have they changed their minds on making a kit?

would mean doing a colour change for the rest of the kit if you want something other than the normal colours too hmm I like gold
Old 07-19-2003, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: SETUP

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
60W oil!!!!!!!! are you running that CUda on carpet?? ...

STart off with this if it`s a Open track

Front
400 or 40 W oil
stock spring(or HPI Pink 27mm)
1 deg camber
5 deg caster
0.5 toe out
5mm ride height
2mm droop
upper camber link upper position on hub ,inner position on upper deck

Rear
350 or 35W oil
stock spring(or HPI light blue 27mm)
1.5deg camber
2.5deg toe in
5.5mm ride height
3mm droop
lower camber link upper position on hub, inner position on upper deck

and as for the tires 24R Sorex tires are quite soft....I only use 28R`s in the winter time....and it gets down to about 5 deg Cel.

try this set up....

-Dave

Thanks for your reply, i will do what you said also can you tell me the ratio of the barracuda (gearbox ratio).

And correct me if im wrong i feel that my TB EVO III is smoother than my Cuda is there any way i can make it as smooth as my TB any suggestions ??
Old 07-19-2003, 07:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

My Cuda drivetrain is just as smooth as any Evo 3 I've seen...

Check out the Alex USA site, they have tips for building the car, I followed those, and have a flawless meshing drivetrain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.