R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default CTX or CDC. What charger?

Hi, i am about to buy a new charger, just want to know peoples oppinions when it comes to chargers.

I have narrowed my choice to either:

Much more ctx cell master OR
CDC version 6B

Which is the better charger to get? TIA
raidvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:38 AM   #2
Tech Elite

what is a cdc
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CDC is the brand of the other charger..

raidvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I recently purchased a used Integy 16x5 V6 DC charger from a seller on these forums and I couldn't be happier. This is the very same charger as the Eagle Racing CDC and this unit charges, discharges and cycles all of your battery packs. The only feature it does not include is a motor run option, but I can live without that. The discharge goes up to 20 amps which is fine for my needs as well. I have never used or even seen the MM CTX Cell Master so I cannot offer any feedback.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

if i was you look at the new CDC 7.0 charger that has motor run in feature & a few other gadjets inc;;Li-Po

it is on sale now
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=11865

I have the ICE machine ,very nice too
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
Tech Elite

whats the V cut off on the cdc,with the new cells today you need a V cut of 2
Old 12-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

0-15mvc in linear
1mvc -15mvc in step charge mode

got a feeling the CDC V6 only went down to 3mvc in linear ,no step charge on this one
Old 12-29-2006, 10:38 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

the CDC 7.0 is the same as the Integy 16x908 charger that will be sold in the US. instock now at Tower
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLWF3&P=7

if you buy the CDC 7.0 overseas..you'll have limited US warrantee..
the 16x908 will have a 1year warrantee from Integy in the US.

looking forward to getting one soon..

from the Integy website:

E2044
16X908 is our 2007 version computerized charger with graphics and temperature controls. Indigo blue backlit large LCD display 128x64. This unit accepts 12VDC input and has many great features: includes temperature probe that monitors battery temperature, 4-step charging, CC-CV charging for LiPo batteries, optional sub-c battery stand with battery warmer and cooler to control cell tempearture, standard linear charge, reflex and impluse charge setup is also available, programmable repeak charge, IR measurement during discharging & cycling, 10 programmable memory slots, data recall on all battery vital information, run motor/break-in motor at up to 10A average and 30A peak current, mah charge limit is adjustable, On/off trickle with adjustable trickle charge current, 5 user selectable ring tones, triple decimal digit voltage display, 1-10 cell Ni-Cd/Ni-MH & 1-4 cell Li-Ion/LiPo handling capability. Works on both lithium based batteries and all kinds of Ni-Cd & Ni-MH type packs with 50 to 10,000mAh battery capacity, 0.1A to 8.0A charge rate, 0.1A to 20.0A discharge rate, 0.003V to 0.020V/cell voltage threshold, temperature cutoff control, CC-CV for Lithium battery packs, various control timers like user selectable logout time, start charge after delay time, discharge delay time and the unit also provides estimate charge completion time. 1 to 10 number of cycles, display charge capacity mAh, discharge capacity mAh, two decimal digit current display, discharge average voltage, battery IR, 4 wires alligator clips output cord. 16X908 Worldwide version has 1-year limited warranty provided by Integy Inc. USA, the unit is developed with cooperation from Eagle Model Japan, the unit is also known as the CDCV7.0 and the Japan version has 90-day warranty in Japan market and various european and asian markets backed by Eagle Model Japan. 16X908 is very easy to use and has many great features not available on other competing units. 16X908 is very versatile and is the only unit with complete temperature control capability (patenet pending) - IN STOCK - Item#: INT E2044 Barcode: 91789003661

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 AM   #9
Tech Master

Get a mmr ctx..... much better and u wont have to buy another for a while, they last forever if you take care of them
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer

my opinion, Much More equipment is really overpriced for what you get. For example, Integy makes the switched power distrobution block that you can buy for like 30 bucks, and the same one by Much More is like 50 or 60....
Old 12-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #11
Tech Regular

I think the same, Much More make what everyone else makes and just smartens it up, sticks the logo on and jacks the price up by 50%
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm skeptical of much more equipment. At my friend's track, he was borrowing a muchmore power supply, and it stopped working when someone bumped it. wiggled the power cable, and it came back on... then sparks came out at the plug area.... took it apart, all three of the 120v input wires into the circuit board were not even soldered to the board. as well as the strap down for the internal recepticle was not attached to the board. after that was resoldered in correctly... the power LED wasnt even soldered in, the wire was thru the solder hole on the board, but it looks like it never got soldered in...

quality control definitely at it's weakest on that item...

Last edited by MManson; 12-29-2006 at 12:58 PM.
MManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #13
Tech Elite

raid
get the CDC charger or ICE (this has no backlit screen)
Old 12-29-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MManson
I'm skeptical of much more equipment. At my friend's track, he was borrowing a muchmore power supply, and it stopped working when someone bumped it. wiggled the power cable, and it came back on... then sparks came out at the plug area.... took it apart, all three of the 120v input wires into the circuit board were not even soldered to the board. as well as the strap down for the internal recepticle was not attached to the board. after that was resoldered in correctly... the power LED wasnt even soldered in, the wire was thru the solder hole on the board, but it looks like it never got soldered in...

quality control definitely at it's weakest on that item...

I have had the same problem but it was not due to quality control of the power supply. Because the plug is only held on to the board by th esolder joints the joints could be broken by the user by pushing in the plug too hard. But the design has changed so this would never happen again.

For me Much More products are great. As for the chargers I would not use anything else. I have tried a lot of chargers like the Turbo 35 GFX, Pulsars, etc. and I have found the Cell master is the best. I also don't like having Dyno in the charger because i may want to break in a motor while charging a battery.
www.AEforums.co.uk
Veteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:26 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteq
I have had the same problem but it was not due to quality control of the power supply. Because the plug is only held on to the board by th esolder joints the joints could be broken by the user by pushing in the plug too hard. But the design has changed so this would never happen again.

For me Much More products are great. As for the chargers I would not use anything else. I have tried a lot of chargers like the Turbo 35 GFX, Pulsars, etc. and I have found the Cell master is the best. I also don't like having Dyno in the charger because i may want to break in a motor while charging a battery.
yep and its small and the charge is much more better.