R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #76
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyjay
Please explain how I fall into this catagory? Granted I did ask for another class, but not so I "dominate" but to keep frustration down for beginers.

Im not arguing he is right or wrong...in fact I share his frustration I think he is right 100%. These kinds of posts are good to stir up the blood. I am just saying I see a lot of bitching, and no action
Sorry Jay I was referring to the post above yours.
jiml is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #77
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Losi does do the MAP on it's kits. And it's watched on the internet very closely. It was always nice to know that I would make a decent profit on their kits. Most shops are lucky to make $10-15 on a kit.

A lot of my racers would always ask me to order items for them if I didn't carry them, and if I could get it without having to jump too many hoops I would. They always wanted me to make the profit. But sometimes it wasn't worth the minimums and hassles some of the companies required. They understood and they ordered it themselves. I always appreciated they thought of me first for orders.

This is a very good thread and lots of good talk. Hope it continues.
Silver is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 09:45 AM   #78
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I want in on that deal jimbo
You got ID?
jiml is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #79
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

A comment:

Those who buy else where just cus they can`t afford it from their local facility....

How do look in the eye of your track owner and feel good bout your selves?

I know it must be tuff ....

spare us the excuss`s please.....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #80
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 38
Default

Well after reading all or this stuff how you feel, i have raced these toy cars for a number or years. MY 2 cents worth is it seemed to start after the internet with rc cars became a huge part of the industry, i can remember the time when you could only purchase parts from the LHS, and they had to purchase from a distributor/importor, who then got it from the manufactor....... NOW currently with the way things in the industry... you can call anyone anytime and purchase anything you basicly need, this is where the stress comes from at the hobby shops. If we were to ask the manufactor to limit the garage vendors that they sell to we could help the LHS get back to caring the products the need and keep their doors open......
RC500 is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #81
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
What you say is partially true. But hobby shops with higher expenses (tracks) may require selling products at slightly higher prices. If you want to us that track, you may need to pay a little more for the priveledge.

Your example is good but falls slightly short.

Imagine you go to the dealership that is 50 miles away instead of the one down the street. You save your money but in a year your local dealership goes out of business and you are now stuck driving 50 miles for your warranty service and for any other problems. The inconvenience may be worth it for a $3000 savings. But for what savings is it no longer worth it?

My point is that paying a bit more to help maintain a facility/shop that provides a service you require or want is not an unrealistic expectation.
Since everyone on this forum wants to talk about thruth's. Or how us racers don't know how to run a track/shop. I worked in the car business for years. Maybe 1% of people buy a car from a particular dealership because they are local. They buy because of price. Each department at a dealership is a seperate entity. The parts and service departments sale and service the cars at a full rate to the sales department. Theres no discounts between these departments. What I'm trying to say is just because you went out of town to buy your vehicle and save money. Your still going to go local to service your car. Just like racing, you have to buy where you can save money, but everyone still races local to support their tracks. Especially if us normal racers want to budget to attend some of the larger races around the country. Save a dollar hear and there and it helps us get to these races. Some of you are fortunate enough to have travel paid for. But, most don't.
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #82
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,130
Default

On top of what I already mentioned about dealerships. They all purchase new cars for the same price. It's up to them what they want to sell it for. How good of a negotiator you are. I know, no one is throwing money away because they want to. 99% of people buying anything will buy where they save a buck. We all drive an extra mile or two to save 5 cents on gas. Why wouldn't we want to save in this hobby?
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #83
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
What I'm trying to say is just because you went out of town to buy your vehicle and save money. Your still going to go local to service your car.
What I am saying is that you can't service your car locally if there is no place to service it.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #84
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
We all drive an extra mile or two to save 5 cents on gas. Why wouldn't we want to save in this hobby?
I disagree, I believe most people buy gas based on convenience.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #85
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,897
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

I'll be happy to pay $35 club race entry fees so I can shop mail order. </sarcasm>
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek / MIP /
Jack Smash is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #86
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
What I am saying is that you can't service your car locally if there is no place to service it.
Understandable. Kind of a catch 22
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #87
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,096
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Juan - Again in the car dealer side of things, its not a good comparison. How often do your customers say go directly to the Ford plant, and purchase their car, or parts? This is one of the only industries I know of, that you have to compete with your suppliers as well as other local shops.

Someone mentioned Losi, their parent company Horizion markets direct as well. Who has not recieved a flyer from them ? They set a MAP so you cannot under cut them at their own game.
Mark O'Brien is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #88
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,096
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I'll be happy to pay $35 club race entry fees so I can shop mail order. </sarcasm>
Done can you travel to MN on a weeekly basis ?
Mark O'Brien is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #89
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,096
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

One other thing a car dealership gets Factory incentives to sell off old product from the Factory.

I'll pick on everyone here sorry Rick. Associated discontinued the FTTC4. Then sold them out, to the public at $100.00 + less, than what the local hobby shops paid for the kits. Now we have a dinosaur on our shelves we cannot hardly even give away.
Mark O'Brien is offline  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #90
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailinOnYa
If you were out looking for a real car for example and you could buy a new car at a dealership for $29,000 or puchase from a place that could supply you the same car and warranty for $26,000, let me guess, "You should buy from your local dealership to help support them not try to save a few bucks somewhere else"!
The BIGGEST failure of this argument...

I'm not relying on the dealer to provide the ROADS I drive on.

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just neglect it, my fault! POST# DOES NOT INCREASE asil R/C Tech Site Forum 4 05-11-2007 12:07 AM
Security Gone Wrong...Bush's Fault WisRacr1 Chat Lounge 0 03-01-2006 01:29 PM
HELP - Problems with RB TM323 (mostly my fault...) MarcTroy Monster Trucks 1 06-14-2005 01:46 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net