Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Everybody's Fault

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

The Companies that kill this Hobby are the ones that get the quick OEM deal and then undercut the whole Industry online with rock bottom prices, to me thats biting the hand that feeds you (the products you get OEM). I think the companies that provide OEM should be a little stricter on how companies price thier stuff cause all it does it hurt the Industry.

When was the last time you were able to race on a nice track ONLINE?

Another point is everyone says ROAR rules and uses thier Logo but yet are not a ROAR Affiliated Track. If you advertise ROAR rules you should have to be a member of ROAR and ROAR should enforce that.

just my $0.02 - keep the change......

Good thread though!!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Fast Faisal
Instead of pointing out the obvious and continous problems that we all know to well, which has been going on since before sliced bread, why not introduce a possible SOLUTION!

Fast Faisal
agree with the sliced Bread
there is No solution , to many chiefs ,not enough Indians `;;comes to mind

everything is just going round in circles ,like a dog chasing it`s own tail then dissapearing up it`s own arse

There are Guy`s in powerfull positions in this hobby that in real life are `Shelf Fillers` for the local superstore or sell burgers somewhere

Also certain Body`s don`t listen either to the cry`s of help , So the punters `VOTE` with there Feet & go else where or `under ground` & do there own thing

when racers do `cry` for help they get slagged off for asking the wrong questions or even better for questioning in the first place & i`ve noticed more guy`s are getting set upon.slagged off/insulted/ & generrally under mined for posting out of line questions or problems so as to scare them away so certain people don`t have to answer

I like this HOBBY for what it is a hobby , race with my 9 year old now (which is real nice) a lot racers have come & gone reasons usually are to expensive ,too much time taken up , to much bad Driving from other racers have just pissed them off ,Also chucking money at it to get results & it does not happen

But i have stayed around no matter what ,even the BRCA fiasco i had hasen`t put me off atall ,just made me more dertimined to carry on
i`ve been on the recieving end of bad driving , been sworn at , had a dad come up to me & moaned to hell & high heaven ,seen rules bent ,rules used wrongly & drivers having there times taken away wrongly ,seen race officials bottle it when it comes to a telling a bad racer off,Seen top drivers use there car as a weapon at the end of race & drive it deliberatly into a fellow racers legs/hands coz they had a coming together in race , ive seen a TOP driver jump the track & carry on to win the race even, Drivers in the top heats don`t bother getting out of the way in qualy`s ,there excuse , i did`nt know you were there ,(this happens alot aswell) bring back free for all raceing so i can punt them outa the way ;;i say !!

Me & my son will carry on as nothing is wrong ;;reason he`s happy & i`m happy

PS;;90% of above happens at big so called races (series & nats)

won`t change till the racers change there attitude towards this Hobby of ours

touring car will allways be bigger then off road from know on , it`s here to stay
Old 12-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Having raced for the best part of 12 years I have, at times wondered if racing is for me. I've always kept going through the bad times because I still have the desire to race, with a new chassis on its way soon.

One thing i'll never understand though is why some people have to be so big headed about their racing?! Its people like this who kill the hobby for others, it does no good for others in the same club or race, only drive them to a different club, quit their racing or cause unnessesary trouble. Maybe they are trying to look good in front of their mates?

If they spent their time putting something back into the hobby rather than slagging other racers off the race track would be a much better place for every one

I also think there a lot of racers who are unapproachable in our hobby, and this image kills it for the newbies. I had little or no help at all when I first started racing, I was too afraid to ask anyone and people were too busy to approach.

All im saying is for example, if you see a newbie turn up and they are crashing all the time because their servo isnt centered right at least have a word with them after the race.... after all- how would you feel in that position?

Maybe some people have had similar experiences when starting out?

Sometimes you dont need to do much to make a difference
Old 12-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

join the club there,8 years ago i had the same probley but with a twichy ESC and i had to put up ass holes pros who had been racing for longer than me at the time who just started to laff and basicly bitch about all the new comers who have problems etc with servos as tc3team said now this just winds me up big style and does really pull the hobby down alot and sometimes forces newbies toi sell up and get put of by it.

since moved clubs and started again with racing am probley the bloke now at the club who will give my setup,advice tuning tips the hole lot, if there i see a probley with newbies that is effecting the way they drive il be the one straight over asking if they need a hand etc but as at every club theres always the pros who just give you anything which am happy to punch lol
Old 12-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What a thread, so many things said here are true. I had an experience with a guy at a track that i went to that was about 1 1/2 half away and i never have been there. I bought a jrxs, put it together and put in electronics and had it already to go. I went down there to start tuning it for rubber tire and foam tire setups. I got there and got all my stuff setup and he came over to talk to me and asked what i was running and what tires ect., and i told him it was a new car and never even driven it and i was there to get it setup. when i told him i was going to set it for foams he asked if normally run foams and i said i have but i usually run rubber. He turns around tells me if you don't run foam all the time you might as well not try because you don't know what your doing, all you have is problems with your car and setting it up, it's awaste of time, he went on and on and on. I wanted pack my stuff and leave, but stayed and after the day went on i got the car pretty good, but not the way liked it so he saw i was getting the car there and my laps were getting faster and faster my lap times were pretty close his. On my last run i was getting off the driver stand and he was getting on and i turned to him and said "cars pretty good" he just gave me dirty look.

Alot of newbs get turned off racing there cars because of people like. Not mention there's not alot people that won't walk over and say hey, you might wanna try this or i got some time let's see if we can get your car a little better. I think that really hurts the sport alot.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by tc3team

Ditto here
But i just got on with it in the end (painfull aswell)
got there in the end though
Old 03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Angry

Just thought I'd bring this back up to the top, with an addendum:

"Complain about something on the internet and do little else. Then hope somebody else deals with my problem. Complain further if they don't."
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Just thought I'd bring this back up to the top, with an addendum:

"Complain about something on the internet and do little else. Then hope somebody else deals with my problem. Complain further if they don't."
If people don't complain no one sees a problem...

Complain here and see nothing done...

Or....

Or complain to the right people and still see nothing done?

Luckily i'm in a positive mood today LMAO
Old 03-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is this the complaint department?

No, this is getting hit on the head lessons.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burbs
THIS IS PROLLY THE BEST POST IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME ON THIS SITE...

Everyone always says oval racers were the biggest winers, (i am an oval racer) but i can barely stand coming to this site anymore.. Its total 100% drama.. I use to tell my wife watching soap's will make you stupid.. Its kind how i feel after i leave this site after wasting an hour out of my day reading the crap..
I second that.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by McSmooth

Sanctioning Bodies: You're in this too. Another attempt at being pro-active and now listening to the membership? Heard that one before. Same garbage that was going on 10 years ago. Time to start providing results or you'll simply lose more and more people to the aforementioned promoters.

The do-ers are the track owners, hobby shops, and volunteers that have to put up with all of OUR crap...eventually reaching that breaking point (or running out of money) and leaving. These people give of themselves and put forth the effort, you have my utmost respect.

As for the rest of you, congratulations. You reap what you sow.
Just noticed this thread.....

I thought I would pull out the two hats I wear in relation to this thread and make a comment. Of course, nobody will agree with me, this I'm used to... LOL

Sanctioning bodies: You say its time to start showing results. Exactly what results are you looking for? Does the new RMT (Race management team) program not suit your needs for better and more consistent national level events? Does the fact the organization is saving over 30K in needless publication costs and applying the funding to something proactive for the health of racing not be proof enough?

Is the ROAR Cup Point series just now getting underway not suit the needs of the racer? A national point series for awards from racing sanctioned and NON sanctioned events.

Is the rule book missing something or unfair to all racers? Are there not enough classes to cover all types of RC racing? Are the specs out of date?

ROAR does listen to the membership. Was your track denied something recently or did you not receive an answer in a timely manner? Have you been in contact with your region director and is your track affiliation current?

Just questions.. but before I can respond as a represenatative of ROAR, I need to know these answers.

Hobby Shop owner: RESPECT. That's what is missing from local racers. Recently, we held the annual Cactus Classic and after the event was over.... two complete hours of cleaning up the pit areas. Not the teams or traveling racers.. the locals left the biggest mess and get this... sat nearby laughing while the hobby shop was cleaning up. I see nothing but people taking advantage of a good thing (a track and good hobby shop prices). Sure, the sponsored drivers hurts and so does online purchasing of products.. but more and more, I feel as though if people appreciated the effort being put in by the track owner and hobby shop owner... more rewards to be reaped.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nothing is Dawn's fault, she even told me that once
Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Nothing is Dawn's fault, she even told me that once

absolutely true...!!! (wink, wink)

although, seriously, I didn't mean my post to shift any blame... it was just opinion. Sure, as a ROAR Rep, I can do better and I hope I strive for that every day.. as a hobby shop and track owner.. its a learning process keeping in mind I gotta pay my bills too.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

It's been a while... back to the top!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shaggys40oz
I never knew how Fu<!<@d up this hobby was untill I got onto RCTech .............IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!!!
hahahahaha how true.. rctech makes us look bad lol

I can see alot of valid points here though. Myself and a friend in our area run a drift club. And we are allways the first to arive and set up and the last to clean up and leave. I also see people packing up gear and leaving after their last race when there may be 2 or more heats left for the other drivers at the local club races, thats just plain rude imho. These are usualy the people who put down the LHS for their prices and all shop online and would be the first to bitch about a lack of LHS in the area if they needed a part before race day. I buy online dont get me wrong Australia only accounts for something like 2-4% of the global rc market so our prices can be high or items hard to get but this said i can honestly say i have purchased at least 60-70% of my setup local and in the proccess have formed friendships with the LHS guys (imho nothing beats walking in to a store and the guys know u by name.. know what you drive and get excitted when they reach under the counter and say "check out what we just got in") You get out what you put in end of story.

Last edited by Phroz; 06-29-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.