R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2005, 10:30 AM   #14416
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default trick ride

cleaning out the closet ...... making room for new rides ....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80928
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #14417
Tech Apprentice

hey bought mr4-tc sd drfit package and i finished putting it together but while assembeling the shocks there is not direction about putting shock oil in. does anyone one know if your supposed to because my chassis is sitting on the ground with the shocks on???????....any help is appreciated
thisisagame24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #14418
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisagame24
hey bought mr4-tc sd drfit package and i finished putting it together but while assembeling the shocks there is not direction about putting shock oil in. does anyone one know if your supposed to because my chassis is sitting on the ground with the shocks on???????....any help is appreciated
pour the oil into the cavity in the shock body. Fill the oil to the top, then screw on the cap.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:33 PM   #14419
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisagame24
I don't believe the drift kits are supposed to have oil in the shocks, even if they did that wouldn't help you with your ride height problem. Can you put any shock spring spacers on the shocks to raise your ride height? if that doesn't help then you need to go over your instructions and make sure you built them right, especially on which shock ends to use.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:01 PM   #14420
Tech Elite

I kinda stumbled upon this trick, but it works. With the Stratus 3.0AP body, it's really easy to drive, but can create a push and doesn't have enough front bite. What I did was mount the body with the rear body post on the backside of the tower. Well, I needed the outer shock location for a new track I was at. So I had to put the body post on the frontside of the tower. That moved the body about a 1/4th of and inch forward. Combine this and cutting out the body along the carpet mold lines, and you get a super slammed body with plenty of front bite and low drag. I actually felt a noticable difference in the 180's. The car was turning in better and felt "free" mid corner with the same setup as before. If you have a spare or used up Stratus body, try this out.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo MR-4TC SD-capece813lg.jpg  
Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 PM   #14421
Tech Champion

The rear wing is higher than the roof ? Is it legal for official races ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:28 AM   #14422
Tech Apprentice

Default FIRST RACE WITH LCG

WOW. What can I say. Used the LCG on the weekend and was on the pace from the start. The car was built according the conversion instructions except for placing the F0 front hinge pin mount. Made all shocks 61mm in lenght and ran Yok green springs front with 50Wt oil and rear with Yok pink springs with 40Wt oil. Ride height set for 5.5mm Front and Rear.
I ran the car, (Protoform HONDA ACCORD),in 540 Pro using STD 540 motor with 63 Spur and 36 Pinion for a large flowing track. I qualified third for the Final, only running in two of the three qualifiers, (due to placing a dumped pack in the car). I ended the day finishing fourth overall. I will post my full setup if anyone requests it. I am still trying to adapt the BD/Japenese LCG PDF file to english.

The only hiccup I encounted was that the front right hand side dogbone sheared the CVD joint and seized the front right hand wheel. I replaced this prior to running again for Monday night racing and had the same thing happen again. I suspect that the stub axle that fits to the dogbone is out of round, or I did not centre the roll pin correctly. I have since installed the hardened front CVD's to the car which should prevent this from happening again.

By the way have seen on the Japanese site that hardened CVD's are available for Front and Rear fitment for the BD which should also work for the LCG. If I can find the link will post.
caltech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:38 AM   #14423
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
The rear wing is higher than the roof ? Is it legal for official races ?
Actually, that's just the illuzion of the angle. It's just about the same level. I'll put a level on roof and spoiler tonight and make sure.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:56 AM   #14424
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pro4Capece : with regards to the AP stratus3, i did notice that it had more intial steering, and more rear bite, but it lacked mid corner on-power steering... but, with a spool, it actually added more on-power steering...

i'll email you the pics in a day or two. thanks. - jason
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:17 PM   #14425
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
Pro4Capece : with regards to the AP stratus3, i did notice that it had more intial steering, and more rear bite, but it lacked mid corner on-power steering... but, with a spool, it actually added more on-power steering...

i'll email you the pics in a day or two. thanks. - jason
cool
Old 08-17-2005, 04:43 AM   #14426
Tech Apprentice

HELP MATT HOWARD OR POPS

I have fitted the Hardened Universals ZS-010FH to my LCG. I ground down the ball end, however I'm unsure if the O-ring fitted to the one-way is still to be retained. I have found that with the O-ring fitted the universals do not sit correctly. The steering feels real tight as well. When I remove the O-rings everything loosens up, but is it correct to run them fitted this way??

Until I get a response I am loathe to run the car, as I do not want to damage the one-way or one -way cups.

Thanks for your help.
Calvin.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #14427
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltech1
I have fitted the Hardened Universals ZS-010FH to my LCG. I ground down the ball end, however I'm unsure if the O-ring fitted to the one-way is still to be retained. I have found that with the O-ring fitted the universals do not sit correctly. The steering feels real tight as well. When I remove the O-rings everything loosens up, but is it correct to run them fitted this way??

Until I get a response I am loathe to run the car, as I do not want to damage the one-way or one -way cups.

Thanks for your help.
Calvin.
You shouldn't run the old hardened universals with the o-rings. The o-rings will lessen your suspension travel, and in the event you hit something this could also cause damage to the universals.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 AM   #14428
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From Yokomo Japan site, new hardened universals for drift cars, wonder if they will work for BD and SD?
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:34 PM   #14429
Tech Apprentice

Default HARDENED UNIVERSALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
You shouldn't run the old hardened universals with the o-rings. The o-rings will lessen your suspension travel, and in the event you hit something this could also cause damage to the universals.
Thanks POPS, I will ensure that the O-rings are absent from both drive cups and set-up this way.

Thanks again.
Calvin.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:50 PM   #14430
Tech Regular

hello,

unfortunetley i was running the lcg today and lost one of the rear spacers inbetween the to deck levels!!!!
i cant find anywhere the sells them as spares, any ideas?

thanks
agower is offline   Reply With Quote