R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #14356
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
The LCG is an asphalt master. NO tweaking at ALL. The car weighs about 100 grams less than the SSG does. And I think the CGM weighs even more. If your racing on asphalt, there isn't a better car than the LCG.
My last sentence made no sense, so I edited it
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #14357
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltech1
Can you please tell me how you differentiate between the short shock body and the longer shock body? Do you have to use the Rayspeed spring retainers and why can't you use the Yok retainers and springs?

Also a question for Shookie,(reviewed your LCG pictures), I see that you use the suziki knuckles and place the camber link to the c-arm using the ball joint rather than the kingpin ball stud, does this change the geometry of the front end?

I have decided to use the F0 mount on the front rather than the instructions F1.

Thanks for your time. I am still green for car setup.
Short and Long is the only difference. The long shocks were made for the Yoke nitro car, then used on the Rayspeed version because of the tall shock towers.

You have to use the Rayspeed retainers with the Rayspeed springs. It is better if you use the Yoke retainers with the Yoke springs.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #14358
Tech Master

Quote:
I'm going to buy some rayspeed spring for asphalt racing. Will they work with the short shock bodies? I already have the Rayspeed spring retainers. What shock ends do I need to use? Here's the springs I'm going to buy:

green, blue, yellow, and white
They work without any problems, the BD comes with short shock bodies and Rayspeed springs.
Use the short shock ends.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #14359
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
They work without any problems, the BD comes with short shock bodies and Rayspeed springs.
Use the short shock ends.
thanks
Old 08-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #14360
Tech Apprentice

Default More Shock Questions

Thanks Pops.

I take it that the CGM Yok shocks only came with the short shock ends? as I purchased the car second hand and have no other shock ends amongst the spares. I will be making the shocks 64mm in length, is this to long for the LCG? I have read some of the posts and they state 60-64mm in length. What colour Yok springs are you using for setups, running stock.

Thanks again.
caltech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #14361
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks Pops.

I take it that the CGM Yok shocks only came with the short shock ends? as I purchased the car second hand and have no other shock ends amongst the spares. I will be making the shocks 64mm in length, is this to long for the LCG? I have read some of the posts and they state 60-64mm in length. What colour Yok springs are you using for setups, running stock.

Thanks again.
Yes, the CGM comes with she shorter shock bodies.

I just wrench for my son. He use to run the SD, he now runs the BD and likes it better, because is handles better in his opinion with low turn mods. Sorry, I don't know that much about the LCG. He runs the Rayspeed yellow, blue and white springs the most. I would say the most important thing about shock length, is to make sure the shocks do not effect ride height or droop if you are using droop screws.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:54 PM   #14362
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks Pops.

Thanks again.
so far, all of my yok kits came with a parts tree that included short and long shock ends. ssg, cgm, sdw, bd.

btw need help deciding, new local track open, while they have open chassis classes i was thinking of getting a 415 to compete with the tamiya only guys. question is, should i trade my SDW for a 415, or save it, BTW i'm old, and don't have time to wait for it to go up in value.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #14363
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
so far, all of my yok kits came with a parts tree that included short and long shock ends. ssg, cgm, sdw, bd.

btw need help deciding, new local track open, while they have open chassis classes i was thinking of getting a 415 to compete with the tamiya only guys. question is, should i trade my SDW for a 415, or save it, BTW i'm old, and don't have time to wait for it to go up in value.
If you get a 415, then there is no way to have an advantage. If you stick with SDW then you'll always beat them out of the corners
Old 08-07-2005, 08:15 AM   #14364
Tech Elite

uuumm,, they have tamiya only classes as well as open chassis classes, sssooo i won't be able to compete against the tamiya with the sdw. i think i just made up mind, thanks.

click here to see new track, www.seattleindoorraceway.com
Old 08-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #14365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
And those arms are bulletproof I couldn't imagine bending or breaking one.

... yup, haven't broken 1 yet... in fact, i just installed all my new spares on my BD just to be able to use them up, nothing breaks anymore !
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:34 PM   #14366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
Did I bore ya yet... -JB

nope... it made for very interesting reading...

just a quick note, the BD's battery's are more "forward" as compared with the LCG.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:51 PM   #14367
Tech Elite

Quote:
just curious... we don't have local dealer for corally, and i think the RDX is thier greatest achievement to date... was just wondering how does it compare to the BD? (hmmm, in short, why switch, must be better handling, but in what aspect?)
All in all I love 'em both, that's why I get alot of crap from some buddies of mine wanting me to find one car and STICK WITH IT. But nahh, I like my emotions being tied up in two cars
-JB
thats cause IMO you will never become a better driver trying to master to different driving styles. you said it your self, aggressive rdx,, laid back BD
Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #14368
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
just curious... we don't have local dealer for corally, and i think the RDX is thier greatest achievement to date... was just wondering how does it compare to the BD? (hmmm, in short, why switch, must be better handling, but in what aspect?)

As far as comparisons to the BD, the RDX is not better or worse... just different. I have both and with my driving style (which I'm still fine-tun'n), the RDX right outta the box is an aggressive car steering wise. I like that, others don't. When I compared my RDX to all the other cars that I've had, the weight of the car is farther in and forward than any of them. Especially the placement of the batts. And with the weight placed as such, I believe is what gives it the pitch and turn-in that it has. I'm kind of a weird guy but I love the symmetrical-ness (is this a word ) of the car- front and rear shock towers are the same, how the arms attach to the bulkheads, how the shocks are positioned on the towers, the front and rear arms are the same AND are in the same positions. It's a more compact car, which attributes much to its handling characteristics, I'm just not smart enough to figure out the hows-n-whys yet
I won't ramble on too much longer but when you look at the BD, wider chassis, there's symmetrical-ness to it also but weight sits on the chassis quite different. In my limited experience the BD is a laid back smooth operator. Of course I've gotten mine to be a bit aggressive but that's due to some set-up, not 'inherent tendencies' of the car. I spend ALOT more time with the BD though. All in all I love 'em both, that's why I get alot of crap from some buddies of mine wanting me to find one car and STICK WITH IT. But nahh, I like my emotions being tied up in two cars

Did I bore ya yet... -JB
jaybee.. now you got a TA05 too! RDX, BD and a TA05. i love it! now you can have any driving style.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:26 AM   #14369
Tech Apprentice

Default Measuring Droop

I have a question regarding the Droop measurement on the LCG. Do you measure the droop from the centre line of the axle or do you measure it from the outer hingepin on the a-arm compared to the car chassis? Just making sure that I set up the Droop correctly.

Lem
Is any modification required to use the TRF shocks on the LCG?

Thanks
Calvin.
caltech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:54 AM   #14370
Tech Elite

if your going by someone elses setup sheet its usually by the hinge pin, if your just setting droop using your own setup it does not matter, just as long as you do both sides the same.