Old 08-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #14341
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Highwayman.
caltech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #14342
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Daniz24 you will regreat converting to the LCG with the SDW...it is limited...Your better off getting a used SD cheap and doign the conversion...the SDW is a limited edition.
Hi Shookie, I'm not into that limited edition kind of thing haha. Just curious, does it fit without any additional parts?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:12 AM   #14343
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Far as I know it should be a perfect conversion....
All you really need for the LCG is the suspention (arms, shocks, turnbuckles & axel assebly), Bumper & Body mounts & Transmission (diffs, bearings, cvds, axel pin and hexes) the rest is provided.
I would think it wold be a very nice conversion. The SDW had some very nice upgrades to the Arms and what not...
One good thing is you are all ready familuar with open diffs...
Good luck
-Shookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Hi Shookie, I'm not into that limited edition kind of thing haha. Just curious, does it fit without any additional parts?
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #14344
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24

just something to think about... a friend of mine has all the MR4TC line from the first SSG chassis to the LCG, which also includes the SDW, and is comment was that the SDW still handles better than his LCG...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #14345
Tech Elite

Quote:
I can not wait to try the LCG Monday....I am doing some testing on motors and cars..the RDX and the LCG...I think the LCG will kill the RDX on the huge track...so I want to prove it is.....gotta have lap times to prove it though...LOL
We will have to see...
I need to get some more throttle time on the LCG...I only have ten runs on it so far so...not sure of its complete potential..LOL

Shookie <><
just curious... we don't have local dealer for corally, and i think the RDX is thier greatest achievement to date... was just wondering how does it compare to the BD? (hmmm, in short, why switch, must be better handling, but in what aspect?)

also, why would the LCG kick its butt on a huge track? i also only have about 10 runs on my LCG so far...
Old 08-06-2005, 10:00 AM   #14346
Tech Elite

Quote:
Far as I know it should be a perfect conversion....
All you really need for the LCG is the suspention (arms, shocks, turnbuckles & axel assebly), Bumper & Body mounts & Transmission (diffs, bearings, cvds, axel pin and hexes) the rest is provided.
I would think it wold be a very nice conversion. The SDW had some very nice upgrades to the Arms and what not...
One good thing is you are all ready familuar with open diffs...
Good luck
-Shookie <><

my LCG came with the new ARMS, i think its made from a different material
Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #14347
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
my LCG came with the new ARMS, i think its made from a different material
And those arms are bulletproof I couldn't imagine bending or breaking one.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #14348
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

just curious... we don't have local dealer for corally, and i think the RDX is thier greatest achievement to date... was just wondering how does it compare to the BD? (hmmm, in short, why switch, must be better handling, but in what aspect?)

As far as comparisons to the BD, the RDX is not better or worse... just different. I have both and with my driving style (which I'm still fine-tun'n), the RDX right outta the box is an aggressive car steering wise. I like that, others don't. When I compared my RDX to all the other cars that I've had, the weight of the car is farther in and forward than any of them. Especially the placement of the batts. And with the weight placed as such, I believe is what gives it the pitch and turn-in that it has. I'm kind of a weird guy but I love the symmetrical-ness (is this a word ) of the car- front and rear shock towers are the same, how the arms attach to the bulkheads, how the shocks are positioned on the towers, the front and rear arms are the same AND are in the same positions. It's a more compact car, which attributes much to its handling characteristics, I'm just not smart enough to figure out the hows-n-whys yet
I won't ramble on too much longer but when you look at the BD, wider chassis, there's symmetrical-ness to it also but weight sits on the chassis quite different. In my limited experience the BD is a laid back smooth operator. Of course I've gotten mine to be a bit aggressive but that's due to some set-up, not 'inherent tendencies' of the car. I spend ALOT more time with the BD though. All in all I love 'em both, that's why I get alot of crap from some buddies of mine wanting me to find one car and STICK WITH IT. But nahh, I like my emotions being tied up in two cars

Did I bore ya yet... -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #14349
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
just something to think about... a friend of mine has all the MR4TC line from the first SSG chassis to the LCG, which also includes the SDW, and is comment was that the SDW still handles better than his LCG...
The most interesting is LCG's better diff access than SDW. how many screws if you want to take out the front or rear diff on LCG? Thanks
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #14350
Tech Elite

4 screws for each diff
Old 08-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #14351
Tech Elite

I'm going to buy some rayspeed spring for asphalt racing. Will they work with the short shock bodies? I already have the Rayspeed spring retainers. What shock ends do I need to use? Here's the springs I'm going to buy:

green, blue, yellow, and white
Old 08-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #14352
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
I'm going to buy some rayspeed spring for asphalt racing. Will they work with the short shock bodies? I already have the Rayspeed spring retainers. What shock ends do I need to use? Here's the springs I'm going to buy:

green, blue, yellow, and white

Hey,

I use Rayspeed springs on my LCG. I found that using white springs all the way around with a shock length of 62mm does wonders. Using a FO in front and a 2.5 mount in rear. O toe with .5-1 degree camber in front will increase your corner speed considerably. Still new to the sport but have been tinkering alot and this seems to be a winner.. Hope this helps...
blindwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #14353
Tech Regular

Im about to decide getting the LCG kit. Just wonder what is the thickness of the lower & upper deck.

Im currently running the CGM with consistant time and very happy with it. Must say the best car I ever have, but the car is just overweight. I previously own the SSG which I think it flex like XXXX and "undrivable" after just a minor hit (not to mention a big impact), the car tweak badly & will just go left or right.

Will the LCG have similar problem with the SSG or Black SD Car. Is it a better car or I shall just stay with the CGM?

Many Thanks.
MIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #14354
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKA
Im about to decide getting the LCG kit. Just wonder what is the thickness of the lower & upper deck.

Im currently running the CGM with consistant time and very happy with it. Must say the best car I ever have, but the car is just overweight. I previously own the SSG which I think it flex like XXXX and "undrivable" after just a minor hit (not to mention a big impact), the car tweak badly & will just go left or right.

Will the LCG have similar problem with the SSG or Black SD Car. Is it a better car or I shall just stay with the CGM?

Many Thanks.
The LCG is an asphalt master. NO tweaking at ALL. The car weighs about 100 grams less than the SSG does. And I think the CGM weighs even more. If your racing on asphalt, there isn't a better car than the LCG.

Last edited by Pro4Capece; 08-06-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:48 PM   #14355
Tech Apprentice

Shocks and Stuff

Can you please tell me how you differentiate between the short shock body and the longer shock body? Do you have to use the Rayspeed spring retainers and why can't you use the Yok retainers and springs?

Also a question for Shookie,(reviewed your LCG pictures), I see that you use the suziki knuckles and place the camber link to the c-arm using the ball joint rather than the kingpin ball stud, does this change the geometry of the front end?

I have decided to use the F0 mount on the front rather than the instructions F1.

Thanks for your time. I am still green for car setup.
caltech1 is offline   Reply With Quote