R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #14326
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 377
Default

Let's say it this way... in the range of the Speedtech spool... Yes, I think it will be around 30$... And I will see how much the anodizing is... Blue is fast...

Cheers
Chris
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:12 AM   #14327
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Hey Guys I am takign the LCG to a huge track....One which I have never raced....

here is a pic...
http://www.tc-rc.com/images/on-road_track.jpg
I wanted to know what changes should I make for such a large track...
I already have it set pretty much stock...with of coarse a few minior changes...
the changes I am refering to is..
Spring...I use Rayspeed
Droop...I measure with the Yok...ride height/droop gauge
Ackerman
Camber link
Anti dive
Anti squat

Matt you still alive out there? or are you too busy with the BD? lol

Thanks in advance,
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:16 AM   #14328
Tech Elite
 
coastaltony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Palm Beach, Fl
Posts: 2,585
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

WOW!
__________________
Meucci pool cue collector
coastaltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #14329
Tech Addict
 
dynoman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis,TN BEEEEIOTCH
Posts: 703
Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default lol

just slip 7 cells in it shook lol
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #14330
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey Guys I am takign the LCG to a huge track....One which I have never raced....

here is a pic...
http://www.tc-rc.com/images/on-road_track.jpg
I wanted to know what changes should I make for such a large track...
I already have it set pretty much stock...with of coarse a few minior changes...
the changes I am refering to is..
Spring...I use Rayspeed
Droop...I measure with the Yok...ride height/droop gauge
Ackerman
Camber link
Anti dive
Anti squat

Matt you still alive out there? or are you too busy with the BD? lol

Thanks in advance,
-Shookie <><
Shookie,
PM me I have a set up that would rock at that track.....very similar in size to Yatabe Arena

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:41 PM   #14331
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

Shookie-
I was at Crystal park yesterday testing some stuff with my lcg. You may want to think about a ride hieght no lower then 5mm. There are some bumps out there. My socal setup seemed to work just fine. They sprayed the track with VHT and there was plenty of grip.

The track is super huge! Get ready for that long straight. The lanes out there are really wide so you can just flow around the track. I used a 19T yesterday out there and I kept feeling like motor kept winding out on the straight too soon!

-Robert
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #14332
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Does the LCG conversion is fit for the SDW? Thanks
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #14333
Tech Elite
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

my LCG has only been ran twice, and from those two runs, i gather that it has more steering than my BD, could it be from the set-up or drive train configuration?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:12 PM   #14334
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Daniz24 you will regreat converting to the LCG with the SDW...it is limited...Your better off getting a used SD cheap and doign the conversion...the SDW is a limited edition.

Hoghwayman- the LCG has super steering do to the outstanding layout. The BD has good sterring but the LCG has a great low rack.

Robert
Yea I was told to gear to the backside of the moon... Like 5.1 so I will start at 5.8 and work down....
I will run 5f & 5.5R ride height....so with VHT than Tire tweak is good YES?
I got a banging setup for the VFS1.....lots o rip....
Thanks for all your help.
-Shookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Shookie-
I was at Crystal park yesterday testing some stuff with my lcg. You may want to think about a ride hieght no lower then 5mm. There are some bumps out there. My socal setup seemed to work just fine. They sprayed the track with VHT and there was plenty of grip.

The track is super huge! Get ready for that long straight. The lanes out there are really wide so you can just flow around the track. I used a 19T yesterday out there and I kept feeling like motor kept winding out on the straight too soon!

-Robert
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #14335
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 87
Default FRONT SUSPENSION MOUNT

I am in the process of constructing a LCG conversion kit using parts from a CGM donor kit. The instructions say to fit the F1 front suspension mount to the hinge pins and I am wondering if the Aluminium F0 can be used instead. I am of the opinion that the F0 and the F1 only change the Toe out angle. Am I on the correct track?
I am hoping to finish the kit over this weekend. Any setups or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CYA
caltech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #14336
Tech Addict
 
dynoman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis,TN BEEEEIOTCH
Posts: 703
Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default gears

try 5.40 and you will be fine in 19 t
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #14337
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

SAAAAAWEEEEETTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoman007
try 5.40 and you will be fine in 19 t
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #14338
Tech Elite
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltech1
I am in the process of constructing a LCG conversion kit using parts from a CGM donor kit. The instructions say to fit the F1 front suspension mount to the hinge pins and I am wondering if the Aluminium F0 can be used instead. I am of the opinion that the F0 and the F1 only change the Toe out angle. Am I on the correct track?
I am hoping to finish the kit over this weekend. Any setups or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CYA

i think the F1 and F0 refers to the kick-up of the hinge pins... the F0 gives no kick-up while the stock F1 gives 1 deg kick-up. i use 0 kick-up always, unless the track is bumpy
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #14339
Tech Elite
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Highwayman- the LCG has super steering do to the outstanding layout. The BD has good sterring but the LCG has a great low rack.

i figured, but i'll still try to replicate the steering of my LCG on my BD.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #14340
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

that was my same thought......I think it woudl work....very nice...just need a way to order the parts...I think that woudl make the BD the best steering belt car out....

I can not wait to try the LCG Monday....I am doing some testing on motors and cars..the RDX and the LCG...I think the LCG will kill the RDX on the huge track...so I want to prove it is.....gotta have lap times to prove it though...LOL
We will have to see...
I need to get some more throttle time on the LCG...I only have ten runs on it so far so...not sure of its complete potential..LOL
-Shookie <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
i figured, but i'll still try to replicate the steering of my LCG on my BD.
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo or yokomo parts yokomo7 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-19-2009 08:45 PM
Yokomo is coming out with a new version of the bd : Yokomo BD 2 roadrashracing Electric On-Road 12 12-19-2007 07:08 AM
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
WTB Yokomo 1/12 Mini...Trade for 1/10 Yokomo dynamic_e R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-12-2003 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:46 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net