Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You can try HPI's Delrin outdrives...

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

hello,

what parts do you need for the delrin hpi outdrives? is it just the outdrives or do you need rings and bearings aswell?

part numbers aswel would be much appreciated.

thanks
A Gower
Old 07-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

All you need is the HPI Delrin outdrive set & the diff rings, everything else is standard Yokomo items -JB
Old 07-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

All you need is the HPI Delrin outdrive set(HPI#75169) & the diff rings(?), everything else is standard Yokomo items -JB
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im starting on my LCG conversion and i just noticed that there is a difference in the trust assembly for the CGM and BD diff... on the CGM the trust assembly goes in first then the spring, on the BD, the spring goes in first before the trust assembly... does one assembly method have an advantage over the other? thanks. - jason
Old 07-21-2005, 04:57 AM
NIC
Tech Rookie

Thank you Jaybee for your quick reply.
Are you seeing any wear on the delrin ones ? Does the HPI diffrings only have one flat edge as suppose to two for the Yokomo ones ?
I would really like to have the outdrives in alu. or steel as I donīt am underpowered in any way or have runtime problems.
If they are not available or even exists I will try the HPI ones, do you know if they are ?

Thanks in advance !

NIC
Old 07-21-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by highwayman
im starting on my LCG conversion and i just noticed that there is a difference in the trust assembly for the CGM and BD diff... on the CGM the trust assembly goes in first then the spring, on the BD, the spring goes in first before the trust assembly... does one assembly method have an advantage over the other? thanks. - jason
Take a look at the BD forum, they are talking about it at the moment!
Old 07-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are some in the works but are a couple of weeks away. I am gettign two sets but I am not sure of the problems that will arise from aluminum out drives...although they are working on a way to utilize the Xray type of blade system as not to have as much wear issues. I am excited to try them...
We will have to wait and see.
GO through the BD thread and read back about 6-7 pages and the topic is there and you can PM the guy that is having them made.
Hope this helps,
-Shookie <><
Yes the HPI delrin one sare nice but still a bit brittle.

Originally Posted by NIC
Are you seeing any wear on the delrin ones ? Does the HPI diffrings only have one flat edge as suppose to two for the Yokomo ones ?
I would really like to have the outdrives in alu. or steel as I donīt am underpowered in any way or have runtime problems.
If they are not available or even exists I will try the HPI ones, do you know if they are ?

Thanks in advance !

NIC
Old 07-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
All you need is the HPI Delrin outdrive set & the diff rings, everything else is standard Yokomo items -JB
What about the bones? The HPI delrin outdrives are made for the MIP cvd bone with the large pin. The Yokomo pins are smaller. Do you live with the slop or do you convert to MIP style?

Chris
Old 07-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mach10_shooter
What about the bones? The HPI delrin outdrives are made for the MIP cvd bone with the large pin. The Yokomo pins are smaller. Do you live with the slop or do you convert to MIP style?

Chris
Yes you're correct, if you look at the bones I'm using in the rear, they are the MIP CVD's -JB
Old 07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I designed the aluminium outdrives for the Yokomo BD/SD. It will take 3-4 weeks to get them ready because I have to make the spools for the german nationals first. Sorry for that but the german drivers need them... funny track...
If you are worried about the quality... ask the guys who race the Barracuda... I made outdrives for this car aswell and sold them... I think the guys like them...

Cheers
Chris

Originally Posted by NIC

Thanks in advance !

NIC
Old 07-22-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Determining Roll out

Can someone help me with determining rollout on my LCG? I'm going to post to the BD forum also, since I'd like to know how to determine rollout on my BD also.

BTW, I'm racing on rubber tires rather than foam.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2005, 05:14 AM
NIC
Tech Rookie

speedy-932,

That is good news to hear, I canīt wait to try them out. I was actually starting to look around for a different car, just because of the outdrives.
I have to change them about every 600 laps or 30 runs. I usually drive 200+(10 batteries) laps/day at the track, so sometimes a new pair every week. Itīs not a big cost but irritating to change them and sometimes wait for new ones to arrive when you have forgotten to order some spare ones.

NIC
Old 07-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

just courious what turn motor are you running? ive not known anyones outdrives to wear that fast.!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NIC
speedy-932,

That is good news to hear, I canīt wait to try them out. I was actually starting to look around for a different car, just because of the outdrives.
I have to change them about every 600 laps or 30 runs. I usually drive 200+(10 batteries) laps/day at the track, so sometimes a new pair every week. Itīs not a big cost but irritating to change them and sometimes wait for new ones to arrive when you have forgotten to order some spare ones.

NIC
I too would like to know what turn motor you use. I have never broken the outdrives *knock on wood* and I've been using this car since the original SD. Are you running on carpet? I'll probably brake some this weekend though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.