Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

here is a pic of my car....
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-19-06-05_2104.jpg  
Old 06-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My SD is under weight and I run about 50 grams on it to get it over the limit. No graphite parts on it. That includes my PT, Novak Cyclone, Hitec Receiver and an old KO PS-1001 Servo. I run the car with silver can and 1300's to get 1513gm's, with stock and 3300 it is only slightly heavier, but would still be under weight.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Drive shafts

ANyone know a part number for some stronger drive shafts fr and rear for an SDW. the Blu yoki ones seem to "Stretch" in the cupling quite easily. Anyone ever had this happen?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, ths SSG is a REALLY bad chassis...

In fact, it's SO bad that Billy Easton chose it over a Worlds edition to qualify in the A final in Florida...

Seriously though, if you have a good set up on your SSG then there is no reason why you can't compete.

Weight is not an issue on the car, the biggest issue is the risk of tweak (which is solved by removing the centre chassis deck).

Granted, the later evolutions of the car have been refined, but I still run the SSG SD, and I'm still very pleased with the performance, after taking the time to learn how the car likes to be set up.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Mr. Shookie: I have the option to upgrade my ssg to an LCG or get the BD. Since you have them both, which one do you like better and why? Which one is easier to wrench on? Which one drives better?

thanks
chad
Old 06-20-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Mr. Shookie: I have the option to upgrade my ssg to an LCG or get the BD. Since you have them both, which one do you like better and why? Which one is easier to wrench on? Which one drives better?

thanks
chad
Chad did you really have to ask me such a question this early in the morning..LOL
OK likes and dislikes of each,
The LCG first
Likes,
Ultra free drive train/easy to work on(well at least as easy as a shaft car be.)/If you already have a SD you have all the spares you already need./steering is better than the SD(or rayspeed)/flows really nice in the corners/Ultra low drivetrain/Really good with a stock or 19T motor
OK Dislikes,
Not as easy to work on as the BD/Although I like open gear boxes. one small peeble and it will tear you bevel gears up/the fact you can not use every tuning option because of shock length.

Now the BD,
Likes,
Ultra smooth drive drain/fast in corners/steering has to be tuned down sometimes(yea I like alot of steering)/Very simple to work on/setup is easy and fun to try new things on/works really good with one good setup/Fast with what ever motor you use.

Dislikes,
It is not a shaft so it doesn't rip as hard in the corners.PERIOD

I love both of my cars.....But for stock I will choose a shaft car before a belt every time. I race mostly stock and a little 19T so I like the LCG better right now, but the BD is starting to get more use as I am going to race more 19T Soon.
-Stephen <><
Hope this helps
Old 06-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

I'm going to rotate my servo 90 degrees on my SD. Based on the pictures I was able to pull off this forum, I see that I need to move the primary steering linking to the other (left) side. In addition, the arm coming off the pillar will need to sit at a 90 degree angle to the link (pointing directly toward the back of the car, rather than horizontal). Does anyone know the part number to pull this off? Am I missing anything else? Thanks for the help...again.

PS -- posts from a couple years ago mention pictures and detailed instructions on how to do this on the Yokomo USA site. Any ideas that happened to this feature?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

You don't need to buy any parts to do the servo turning mod. The alternative steering arm is a left-over part on the steering saver sprue.

If you threw that away, it should be easy to get hold of as it has been used on a number of Yokomos - I *think* the part is ZM-202.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Now the BD,
Likes,
Ultra smooth drive drain/fast in corners/steering has to be tuned down sometimes(yea I like alot of steering)
I like alot of steering too but I found out that I have to try and tune in more steering in the corners
Overall though, the BD is NIIICE. I gotta get going on my LCG so I'll have something to compare the BD to. I'm not even going to mention my RDX ...OOPS! -JB
Old 06-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Oh Jaybee, so you got one too...... So did I......
Old 06-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by rc_bam226
Oh Jaybee, so you got one too...... So did I......
Sure did...I've been wanting one since I first saw it in person...now back to our regularly scheduled program -JB
Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mr Shookie:

How's the gear case shield coming along? I already have the LCG kit but I'm still having second and third thoughts on whether to convert my SSG SD or not because of the pebbles.

One of my racing buddies have converted his and was raving about how he's gonna eat me at the corners. (I still have to see him do it though ). My SSG-SD is still doing good plus I don't get pebbles on the gears.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

i've been running my SDW with open cases since i got the car in december, while "stuff" does get in the gears, and you will eventually have to change a gear set, to date, i haven't had a gear failure or lock up due to debris. it has only been one set in the rear, the gears still worked fine, i just didn't like the look.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Shookie: What option parts won't work with the LCG? What will I need to get the collars mid shock and have a good range of ride height adjustments? I'm about to order my LCG and get all the option parts that I know of. I've got Integy springs, should I get Rayspeed (longer) springs or will they jack up the car too much?

thanks
chad
Old 06-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Shookie: What option parts won't work with the LCG? What will I need to get the collars mid shock and have a good range of ride height adjustments? I'm about to order my LCG and get all the option parts that I know of. I've got Integy springs, should I get Rayspeed (longer) springs or will they jack up the car too much?

thanks
chad
I would say stick with the rayspeed springs. To make the right ride height I had to lay the shocks down bit, that was it. I got the preload down about 1/4" so that is enough for me. The option parts I upgraded on my SD were a grafite center shaft, Ti input shafts, light weight aluminum drive cups, Ceramic Bearing kit & Ti screw kit. All the rest of my car is stock or Grafite that I already had from the SD...I didn't like the aluminum steering knuckles as they didn't feel that they were as precision as the grafite ones. You can also do light weight kingpins. It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I know I am going to have to add about close to 60Grams to make my car legal weight so really the Ti Screws and light weight anything aren't persay nessasary but I like how the Ti stuff holds up to wear. Just my Two pennies.

Now Rough512, I am just makign sure that the track surface I run on is prepaired first. That pebble was only there becase the track wasn't blown off that morning so, from now on I will make sure the track is pebble free first. I really think that what happened was a fluke as I have run the LCG at the same track all day when it was blown off and not a single pebble was found.
Just have to make sure the surface is clean then no problems with the pebble issue.
-Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.