Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

I think now there will be a few more guys running Yokomo...

@ Matt Howard:

Another idea: Shouldn't it help when I add a little bit more caster by putting 0.2 or 0.3 mm under the front suspension mount?
What do you think about this idea?

Cheers
Chris
Old 06-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
also, since your running the LCG and have the open diffs, make sure you don't have a tiny rock or something lodged in either the bevel or diff gear.

After looking at the diff closely i found a rock almost naked to the eye in the outside diff ring. Open diffs are going to require a lot of maintenance it seems. I saw post back something regarding lexan covers made for another car that may fit w/ modification? Any suggestions on how to keep debris out of your diffs?

Thanks

Shawn
Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi all,
Ever since the sd generation was released they have come with a spacer to be used inside the c hub(either above or below the steering knuckle). Can someone explain how it works? Is it to do with bump steer?
Old 06-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone! I ran my LCG today and i must say it's one awesome car. During turns im losing traction and fishtailing out a 1/4 to 1/2 way into turn,why? How do i rectify this problem?
Old 06-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy-932
I think now there will be a few more guys running Yokomo...

@ Matt Howard:

What do you think about this idea?

Cheers
Chris
That should give you a bit more offpower steering, give it a try
Old 06-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ark
Hi all,
Ever since the sd generation was released they have come with a spacer to be used inside the c hub(either above or below the steering knuckle). Can someone explain how it works? Is it to do with bump steer?
It's to do with rollcenter. When you run the spacer on the bottom you should run the castor block hingepin in the upper hole, or if you're running the more "standard" setting with the spacer on top of the steering block you should run the castor block hingepin in the lower hole.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blindwolf
Hi everyone! I ran my LCG today and i must say it's one awesome car. During turns im losing traction and fishtailing out a 1/4 to 1/2 way into turn,why? How do i rectify this problem?
Sounds like you have too much steering. Try a stiffer front spring first and if you're running stock put some forward throttle trim into the car so when you let off the throttle it still moves slowly. The inherent drag brake in a stock motor will give the car ALOT of steering.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hehehehehehe. . . . .

Just got my LCG!!! It's heartbreaking though, since I have a lot of investment in My cgm, Oh well. Hope it will be worth the change!!

There will be a lot spare parts that i could not use in my LCG like RS Towers (3 sets), blue stuff, gear boxes...
Old 06-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is a link to the delrin diffs guys.
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=6114
glad to be a service
got to the RCMODEL thread and ask RCMODEL HK something if they are in stock before orderign because there inventory isn't live.
-Stephen <><
Old 06-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
ask RCMODEL HK something if they are in stock before orderign because there inventory isn't live.
-Stephen <><

Actually, RCModel operates in a Small studio type condo, and all the parts are scattered everywhere, well that's what I saw 2 years ago. Maybe its better now. I have no problems with them, just too bad that a lot of racers are experiencing bad service. Wich makes me scared ordering again from them.

Mr.SHookie: have you fixed the ride height issues onthe rear of your LCG? will build mine soon, and might come across the same problem. Thanks!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lem2

Actually, RCModel operates in a Small studio type condo, and all the parts are scattered everywhere, well that's what I saw 2 years ago. Maybe its better now. I have no problems with them, just too bad that a lot of racers are experiencing bad service. Wich makes me scared ordering again from them.

Mr.SHookie: have you fixed the ride height issues onthe rear of your LCG? will build mine soon, and might come across the same problem. Thanks!
Yea I had the same problem with them the first time I ordered from them. Then I found out that as long as you PM HKRCMODEL in the RCMODEL thread and ask if it is in stock there isn't a porblem, recieving. I got some of the diffs and so far I am not that impressed but it does save a tiny bit of weight..But ever so slightly.
Now about the LCG I figured it out, I was trying to set it up like my rayspeed and since these new towers are lower you need to adjust for that in where and how you mount your shocks. I had mine way to vertical and they would let me get less that 5.25MM of ride height. but since I just moved the bottom of the shocks out one hole, Now it goes down to 3.5MM and that is mreo than enough. And any change to handling can be adjusted with shock oil and springs so I am not worried. But right now I am trying to get my BD setup for the KO race in two weeks. Almost there one more trip to the track for practice I should have it dialed.
Take Care & GOD Bless,
Good luck on the LCG you will be impressed, I was almost as impressed as when I built the BD...Same great fit and finish...JUST AWESOME...
-Stephen <><
Old 06-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Ok... tested the car today again and the tip with the spacer under the rear outer ballstud was great. I borrowed a set of tires with other rims and it went great. Thank a lot to Matt Howard.

But something different: Who run his CGM with foams and has tips for me? I will get my second CGM tomorrow and want to try foams on this car. I don't know anything about foams... so... tell me something...
Tires? Setup changes?
The rear tires for nitro cars are 30mm wide... I don't think they will fit on the Yokomos... I have trouble to mount 26mm...

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Chris
Old 06-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

I posted a CGM setup for foams a while ago. I ran 35shore all round but without addative. If you want it i'll have to find it.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

That would be great. Do you have any tips for foams?

Thanks
Cheers
Chris
Old 06-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody remember the width of the axle bearings off the top of their heads (3mm or 4mm?), im pretty sure its 6x10x3 , just dont want to order a box of the wrong ones.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.