R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #13846
Tech Regular

I tested the car yesterday on carpet again. It went very well but I need some mid corner steering... Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Chris
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #13847
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-932
I tested the car yesterday on carpet again. It went very well but I need some mid corner steering... Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Chris
Sounds like the car isn't "pivoting" enough in the corners. Try standing the rear shocks up or adding a 1-2mm spacer under the front outside ballstud will get you into the corner better and adding 1-2mm spacers under the rear outside ballstud will help the car pivot better and give more exit steering.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:16 AM   #13848
Tech Regular

Thanks... I will try this. Hope it works...

Thanks
Cheers
Chris
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:18 AM   #13849
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Had a visit from the man in the brown uinform driving the brown truck yesterday. As usual, Speedtech R/C shipped out all of my parts pronto. Thanks Steve!!!

Upgraded to the aluminum suspension mounts yesterday on my LCG (a bit more BLING). I also bought the Rayspeed spring mounts and a set of the White and Blue springs. I noticed that on my LCG, the Rayspeed spring perch/mount rest on the rear suspension arms. That doesn't seem to be the case on my BD. Will there be any ill handling characteristics as a result of this?

Last, concerning the LCG ride height issue... I don't see it??? I'm able to lower my chassis to somewhere around 3-3.5mm.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:22 AM   #13850
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto
I noticed that on my LCG, the spring mounts rest on the rear suspension arms.
Any contact between the shock absorber and the suspension arm is going to compromise the suspension. Best to make changes to stop it happening.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #13851
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Had a visit from the man in the brown uinform driving the brown truck yesterday. As usual, Speedtech R/C shipped out all of my parts pronto. Thanks Steve!!!

Upgraded to the aluminum suspension mounts yesterday on my LCG (a bit more BLING). I also bought the Rayspeed spring mounts and a set of the White and Blue springs.
Yea Steve is the best in Customer Service...
Quote:
I noticed that on my LCG, the Rayspeed spring perch/mount rest on the rear suspension arms. That doesn't seem to be the case on my BD. Will there be any ill handling characteristics as a result of this?
I had the same problem I had to add some of these to bump out the bottom of the rear shocks.
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=340&id=1076
That sovled that and I had to add a spacer at the top to have them vertical..

Quote:
Last, concerning the LCG ride height issue... I don't see it??? I'm able to lower my chassis to somewhere around 3-3.5mm.
I am redoing my shock right now and I hope that with the rebuilld comes some results.
And to answer another question Yes I did check the CVD's in fact I changed them to the Rayspeed ones and still there is an issue.
Maybe I got a faulty chassis or maybe I am just not seeing it.
I will take it to the KO race and have the YOKOKO GUYS give it a once over to see if they see anything, well if I don't get it resolved by then.
Keep your fingers crossed.
I shoudl tonight if it worked with the shocks.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:47 AM   #13852
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I am redoing my shock right now and I hope that with the rebuilld comes some results.
And to answer another question Yes I did check the CVD's in fact I changed them to the Rayspeed ones and still there is an issue.
Maybe I got a faulty chassis or maybe I am just not seeing it.
I will take it to the KO race and have the YOKOKO GUYS give it a once over to see if they see anything, well if I don't get it resolved by then.
Keep your fingers crossed.
I shoudl tonight if it worked with the shocks.
Stephen <><
Well guys I figured it out.
With the shock towers being so low I figured well lets try moving the shocks possision on the arm or the tower, sure enough that did it. I moved the shock one hole out on the arm and now it will sitt @ 3.5mm. I might make more adjustments since the angle has changed I might need to adjust other thigns to comensate for this move. Thanks guys for all the advice and I hope this helps anyone else who thought there is something wrong with the car.
Take Care & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 AM   #13853
Tech Addict

on some of the LCG's, i've noticed most are using Rayspeeds white and blue. how do they handle with a stock or 19 turn motor?

can anyone comment on the yellow and green combo for carpet?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by racer; 06-09-2005 at 11:45 AM.
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #13854
Tech Adept

Two items:

1. I had a problem with slop in the steering on my SD. Thanks to several tips, notably Mr. Shookie and JayBee, I replaced all the ball cups with the ones used for the sway-bars (flat, with an open top). At first, this was a problem, as the lower arm linking the left-right steering hit the blocks and prevented steering. So I cut down the ball cups and they worked. Shouldn't be an issue with structural integrity. There's still about 1.5 degrees of slop on the front left, but almost none on the front right. This may be due to the servo saver. I may install a servo saver on the left side as well.

2. If anyone has a clean SSG chassis that they are no longer using because of a switch to the LCG, I'm interested. Been scratching mine up learning how to drive!
grazianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #13855
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have two chassis'. One silver and one Black Graphite if you're interested
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #13856
Tech Adept

You have PM.
grazianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #13857
Tech Initiate

Default ?

I removed my pinion gear to try alternate gearing. With pinion off i decided to spin my rear wheels to see how the shaft and diffs work(curiosity). I noticed after turning the wheels 1-4 revolutions i encounter a stoppage of movement. This stoppage requires me to apply a little more pressure to rotate the wheels to unfree the stop. The stop is not like hitting a brick wall but it is enough to notice. It feels like it is coming from the rear diff. What coud be causing this feeling? Thanks again for your assistance.

The pic below shows the diff w/ a dot showing the stoppage point. Stops at this point everytime.

Shawn

Last edited by blindwolf; 06-09-2005 at 09:13 PM.
blindwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #13858
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindwolf
I removed my pinion gear to try alternate gearing. With pinion off i decided to spin my rear wheels to see how the shaft and diffs work(curiosity). I noticed after turning the wheels 1-4 revolutions i encounter a stoppage of movement. This stoppage requires me to apply a little more pressure to rotate the wheels to unfree the stop. The stop is not like hitting a brick wall but it is enough to notice. It feels like it is coming from the rear diff. What coud be causing this feeling? Thanks again for your assistance.

The pic below shows the diff w/ a dot showing the stoppage point. Stops at this point everytime.

Shawn

Either you haven't fully removed the flashing on the gears OR you have a gear wobble. This topic came up about 20 post ago. Check this thread and you'll find a more detailed answer.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #13859
Tech Elite

PS: I see that your running 48p gears. I used to run 48 and thought that my SD was the loudest non-spool car ever. Then I switched to 64 and it was night and day. If you want to get a more progressive feel with the quitness of a belt, go to 64p. When I first ran the 64p, my car was more quite than a 415 or FK05!!!
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #13860
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Either you haven't fully removed the flashing on the gears OR you have a gear wobble. This topic came up about 20 post ago. Check this thread and you'll find a more detailed answer.
Flashing? Would that be the nub left over from removing the piece from the part tree?

Shawn
blindwolf is offline   Reply With Quote