R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #13096
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
I guess I'm an idiot pops but please elaborate on this.
Question: If my ride height is 4mm and when I lift my car up I get 8mm on the ride height gauge, my droop/uptravel/wheel sag,etc. is 4mm corrrect? I understand alot of things about the car but this particular measurement, I DON'T. All I want is A consistent way to get the droop I want.
Not everyone chime in at once
Thanx fellas -JB
Yes you are getting 4mm of shock travel. The setup sheets are using a droop gauge to measure the droop.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #13097
Tech Elite

jaybee, ride height 5mm, holding wheels down up travel 4mm. total 9mm, 9 mm divided by 2.764squared, equals, just messing with you man. 4mm up travel total 9mm. thats just total movement of shocks, thats the max your car will raise under hard braking or rough bumps before the wheels leave the ground.

droop is set with the droop guage, from the bottom of the chassis, OR chassis flat on board and measure with the ride height guage at outter arm. check this way, i believe they will be the same reading, 5mm on ride height guage at outter arm, should be 5mm on droop guage held against chassis.

i think i may have confused you the other night. what i was trying to do was show you 3 different ways of using/setting droop.

i was also saying, some guys will tell you to put more droop into a car when in fact they mean go from 4mm droop (on guage) to 6mm droop (on guage) which is actually reducing the droop.

when someone tells you something about droop, just make sure you know what they are saying, pops gave you a setting of 5mm and thats on the guage.

still confused? me too, i liked it better before droop screws
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #13098
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post Thanks sensei...

I am now enlightened....... can't you see the glow -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #13099
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default LCG Conversion Kit

I see that the Yokomo site now has more photos and details on this conversion kit. I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of its price.

With all the buzz over the BD, it seems the LCG is not being talked about much. Where's the Yokomo Love.

I think that the LCG may be a better choice for me because it shares more parts with my current SD Black and CGM chassis. I wanted the Limited Edition kit (SDW???), but the price and limited availability gave me pause. Now that I see the details of the conversion kit (easy access diffs, lower CG etc.), I'm glad that I waited.

Concerning the BD, I really would like to have a belt drive in my Yokomo Paddock, but the cost is tough for me to swallow. I guess I can't get over the kits costing over $300.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the LCG!
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #13100
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default Re: LCG Conversion Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by Geppetto
I see that the Yokomo site now has more photos and details on this conversion kit. I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of its price.

With all the buzz over the BD, it seems the LCG is not being talked about much. Where's the Yokomo Love.

I think that the LCG may be a better choice for me because it shares more parts with my current SD Black and CGM chassis. I wanted the Limited Edition kit (SDW???), but the price and limited availability gave me pause. Now that I see the details of the conversion kit (easy access diffs, lower CG etc.), I'm glad that I waited.

Concerning the BD, I really would like to have a belt drive in my Yokomo Paddock, but the cost is tough for me to swallow. I guess I can't get over the kits costing over $300.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the LCG!
I too understand your delema, I gave in to my RC want and got the BD and am currently running it. I never owned a belt drive except for the Yokomo Mini TC (which is for sale) I have been condenplating on selling the SD/Rayspeed because I don't have time to run and maintain two cars. I am going to get a good final setup on both cars and then do lap time tests and which ever gives me the most consistant lap times will be the car I will keep. Right now I am being very consistant with the BD it is different to drive that is for sure. I was going to get the LCG conversion but I dought it will make me any faster and being that it will cost more than $200 it would be really hard to explain that cost to my wife.
I think if the SD is your winner car right now than the LCG is right for you. But with a new chassis it would put all the expence of the Rayspeed upgrade in the trash.
Just my thoughts....
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:51 AM   #13101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Thanks sensei...

Quote:
I am now enlightened....... can't you see the glow -JB
Sorry I confused you, Turttlemaster explained it very well.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #13102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Mr. Shookie:

Thanks for you opinion. I feel the Yokomo Love.

Last summer I started out with my SD Black, and did very well but I felt that I needed a little more. I bought the CGM late in the season, and straight from the box it was planted, and interestingly enough, easier to drive.

Now, our LHS (Hobbytown, Frederick, MD) has just opened it new facility with an indoor asphalt track, and I find that my CGM doesn't handle like it did outdoors. I think that the indoor asphalt track's traction is less, requiring a more flexible chasis (at least that's what I hope). Anyway, I think that having the choice between the CGM and the SD Black/LCG will give me more options.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:19 PM   #13103
Tech Champion

Post Re: Re: Thanks sensei...

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
Sorry I confused you, Turttlemaster explained it very well.
No sweat pops, I just have a SLOOOW way of learning certain things that's all . And turtlemaster, he's not anything special j/k , he's easy access -JB

Old 04-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #13104
Tech Champion

Post Geppetto...

I definitely have YOKOMO LOVE... seeing the cars that come out of the Yokomo camp and reading both of the Yoke threads reaffirms my decisions to stick wiith the 'IMFAMOUS BROKOMO' . These cars are friggin' awesome so we've all made the right choice. Plus we have MASAMI SAN on our side -JB

Old 04-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #13105
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default Re: Geppetto...

Quote:
I definitely have YOKOMO LOVE... seeing the cars that come out of the Yokomo camp and reading both of the Yoke threads reaffirms my decisions to stick wiith the 'IMFAMOUS BROKOMO' . These cars are friggin' awesome so we've all made the right choice. Plus we have MASAMI SAN on our side -JB
Yea to bad his DAD went to the dark side....HPI to make them a sweet ride....I guess one Hirosaki per team other wise everyone would cry faul. LOL....Much love for the Yokomo....(and its only refered to Brokomo in the hands of some noobs) I have only broke liek three things in a whole year....Well it doesn;t count when I got glitched right?????LOL
But since I have gotten much better at driving the only thing I have broke has been a couple of hub carriers when I hit the WALL @ SoCal.....Ouch is all I can say.....
But for real anyone with any skill shouldn't break much.
OK Enough about Brokomo.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #13106
Tech Regular

anyone get the conversion kit yet
bigragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #13107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey All,
Could use your help with an asphalt setup on my new/used CGM. I tried a search for "cgm setup" but most were for carpet or had modifications done to the car.
Mine is pretty stock with exception of alloy front hubs. Our track is 40x80, technical, parking lot, good grip without traction additive. Running with stock 27t, CS27's only, ball diff in front. This car was previously setup for carpet.
I prefer a little oversteer rather than understeer and prefer lots of steering and driving a fast race line rather than heavy braking and diving into turns.
Can anybody get me started ?? Thanks
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #13108
Tech Master

Have you tried www.yokomo.tk ? I know the addy looks funny, but it works.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #13109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_bam226
Have you tried www.yokomo.tk ? I know the addy looks funny, but it works.
I saw that address during my search but it doesn't seem to work. Does it work for you??
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #13110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just clicked on that link and it opened up fine. There are a bunch of setups for both outdoor and indoor tracks there for you to try. If you like alot of steering try one of Mo's setups, he always liked tons of steering in his cars.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote