Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

pic of the shaft
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-yokomo_c_oneway.jpg  
Old 03-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Here's a section where it was discussed.....pros and cons.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...pagenumber=431
Old 03-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

thanks bro
Old 03-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default steering

does anyone have the original steering linkage for the sd ssg car. I need the tie rod, and the 90 degree, instead of the 180 pat that the tie rod goes on to.

If anyone isnt useing it could i have it, pm so we can work something out.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SDW front arms

Guys,
Des any one know if the set of arms (SD-008HW from speedtech) will have the "redrilled " positions for he front arms?
If not, does anyone know the correct part number? please
Ta
Simon
Old 03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, those should be the SDW arm set which includes the redrilled shorter front arms.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default .

Thanks Matt
Old 03-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just got confirmation that the SDW "conversion" type kit is the next project for Yokomo. It will be the aluminum lowered bulkheads and motor mount for a standard SD graphite chassis but it will have access so you can take the diffs out of the top of the bulkheads like the new BD instead of taking them apart. No word on pricing or release date yet but it will hopefully be soon.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
just got confirmation that the SDW "conversion" type kit is the next project for Yokomo. It will be the aluminum lowered bulkheads and motor mount for a standard SD graphite chassis but it will have access so you can take the diffs out of the top of the bulkheads like the new BD instead of taking them apart. No word on pricing or release date yet but it will hopefully be soon.
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 03-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
DITTO... THANX MATT H., YOU ARE THE FREAK'N MAN... - JB
Old 03-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Unhappy Just got the Rayspeed......

umm how do you guys mount the servo (re: the inner slot) it's way to big for any screw I've got in the tool box?

It looks like a washer would have to be used top and bottom of the chassis but that would not only spoil the look with having to use a non counter sunk screw but there would still be a hell of a gap it passes through in the chassis.

Edit: Just finished having a good look/test fit of parts and oh oh.

The CGM I am converting from has different shaped pieces for the top deck to mount to the front and rear gear boxes. The top deck lines up with the holes and steering post/motor mount as it should......

But because the rear gear box mount is slightly higher (I don't know why as on the CGM the holes aren't even used) I would have to add maybe 1-1.5 mm worth of spacers on top of all the other points the top deck lines up with.

The question is would using spacers effect how the top deck is supposed to work?

Or should I file the mounting points on the rear (and to a lesser extent the front) down so that the other mounting points are flush with the deck?

Hope all that makes sense as I don't fancy having to buy two whole gearboxes I'll never need to get the SSG mounts.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-30-2005 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by utieh
if you buy a carbon shaft, probably 8g, for the input shaft I don't know, somethingg lie 3-5g.
rcmaniax.ch does make carbon shaft and they say on their website how much weight you will loose.
RC Maniax shaft: broke two of those (the metal starts turning in the carbon tube).

Paul
Old 03-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
ALL I WILL SAY IS
THANK YOU TEAM YOKOMO>>>>>
A NEW BD TOMMOROW AND A SDW CONVERSION SOON>>>>>
What more could a boy who drives toy cars ask for?????LOL
It seems Steve is getting the BD's later this afternoon so I might take a drive down the hill to go get mine....Let you guys know later how it looks....If I don't go down there it will be at my door by 10:30 Thursday so either way I will have it by the end of March.....Funny I thought that Yokomo wasn't going to make there dead line....Guess I was wrong...Again....Oh well my mistake makes for a bonus for me....hehehehehehehe. LOL
Have a great day guys.
Stephen <><
Thanks for the intel Matt.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Just got the Rayspeed......

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
umm how do you guys mount the servo (re: the inner slot) it's way to big for any screw I've got in the tool box?

It looks like a washer would have to be used top and bottom of the chassis but that would not only spoil the look with having to use a non counter sunk screw but there would still be a hell of a gap it passes through in the chassis.

The inner screw hole is elongated to fit different size servos. You don't use any washers on it.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Just got the Rayspeed......

Originally posted by Mabuchi540

Edit: Just finished having a good look/test fit of parts and oh oh.

The CGM I am converting from has different shaped pieces for the top deck to mount to the front and rear gear boxes. The top deck lines up with the holes and steering post/motor mount as it should......

But because the rear gear box mount is slightly higher (I don't know why as on the CGM the holes aren't even used) I would have to add maybe 1-1.5 mm worth of spacers on top of all the other points the top deck lines up with.

The question is would using spacers effect how the top deck is supposed to work?

Or should I file the mounting points on the rear (and to a lesser extent the front) down so that the other mounting points are flush with the deck?

Hope all that makes sense as I don't fancy having to buy two whole gearboxes I'll never need to get the SSG mounts.
The CGM has a different FWD top deck mount than the SSG, Black or Rayspeed. The correct foward mount is included when you buy a new transmission case. Very few people convert from a CGM to a Rayspeed. Most convert from the SSG type to a Rayspeed or a CGM. So that is probably why that part is not included since the Rayspeed came before the CGM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.