R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #12841
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Yes I think the guys at your track are right. The CGM is very hard to tweak. Its very user freindly, the parts are always available at speedtech rc, and you can always ask questions and Matt or Pops will answer usually within a few days. So yeah I think the CGM would fit you perfect.
Quote:
Originally posted by Swede
Hey guys, this i my first post hear and my english issent the best so please bear (not the animal ) with me..

Im driving an used Schumacher mission 1 now and thinking of swithing to the yokomo cgm. is this a good swiths for a newbi, i have just driven for 2 month, but some of the guys at my lockal club ses that iam really good for being so new.

I have a habit of roling and slaming in to things so my tweek canīt be good, so a guy at my club suggested the CGM chassi. Does this sound right to you, that the CGM is bettar for me.?

I have found a CGM with loots of options, but im thinking is this relly necessary for me, ex, stering hubs in blue alu front and rear,
Main drive shaft in carbenfiber etc...

Sorry for my bad english, but im doing my best.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #12842
Tech Elite

How does the stock (manual) setup work for the SSG SD? And will it be okay with a one-way on asphalt? Or if anybody has one that they can give me I would appreciate it.

thanks
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:33 PM   #12843
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4Capece
How does the stock (manual) setup work for the SSG SD? And will it be okay with a one-way on asphalt? Or if anybody has one that they can give me I would appreciate it.

thanks
On asphalt, the stock setup feels neutral in my opinion, easy to drive, but its limited to its soft suspension settings. With a one-way I noticed alot more steering. If you want setups check out this link:

www.yokomo.tk

Have fun with the SD.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM   #12844
Regional Moderator

The stock setup is a bit understeer. You can try different oil and spring.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #12845
Tech Elite

The car is ready to go, and with the 6mm upper deck, it is wicked stiff. I'm just waiting on Speedtech for the one-way and some more spares.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:02 AM   #12846
Tech Master

Default I've just been looking at the.....

manual for the Rayspeed chassis kit (downloaded from the net), and there's a part where it says you have to put the servo saver mounts upside down (seems easy enough) but from the picture I can't see what the servo saver posts are pivoting on the bottom of the chassis.

Sure there is a bearing there somewhere but zooming in on the picture it seems as if the servo saver posts are so low they rub on the chassis (now that the parts they would have pivoted on are at the top)?

What am I missing here, as I only have a CGM when I convert to the Rayspeed I thought all I'd need is another servo saver post and servo saver parts kit?

Is there something "else" I need to get to stop this apparent rubbing or do my eyes deceive me when I look at the pic and it's not touching the chassis at all?

Edit: While I think about it, I have to get part SD-118G as well just to get the little bit of plastic for the chassis when running stick packs.

But as I already have two battery straps and 4 battery posts it seems like a waste of money. I was thinking if I replace the side rail with a couple of delrin center posts that might hold a stick pack in place on that side?

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-22-2005 at 06:25 AM.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:12 AM   #12847
Tech Master

Default Re: I've just been looking at the.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
manual for the Rayspeed chassis kit (downloaded from the net), and there's a part where it says you have to put the servo saver mounts upside down (seems easy enough) but from the picture I can't see what the servo saver posts are pivoting on the bottom of the chassis.

Sure there is a bearing there somewhere but zooming in on the picture it seems as if the servo saver posts are so low they rub on the chassis (now that the parts they would have pivoted on are at the top)?
On the RS chassis, when the servo saver setup is turned upside down, it pivots on top a small washer, that sits on top of the bearing. When you put the servo saver assembly on to the post, if you look at it(right side up), you'll notice that the post is a little longer so that a washer will sit there and make the whole assembly flush. It is seen in the SD manual.

Quote:

But as I already have two battery straps and 4 battery posts it seems like a waste of money. I was thinking if I replace the side rail with a couple of delrin center posts that might hold a stick pack in place on that side?
Ah, if you use the delrin center posts, you'll have to shave a little material off the posts so that the battery will sit correctly.

Last edited by rc_bam226; 03-22-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #12848
Tech Adept

Default First drive of the MR-4TC SD SSG

A few weeks ago I picked up an SSG, pretty much stock. Went to SoCal and picked up some blue Rayspeed springs for the front and white Rayspeed springs for the back (based on a helpful driver's recommendation). Also got an extra-wide bumper, per the many suggestions on this board.

This is my first car since the 12L of a dozen years ago. What a great car. I drove it on some smooth asphalt, and it was quite easy to control. My only "complaints": in the stock setting, the servo throw seems like it might be a little too short for SoCal. And the back-end seems a little susceptible to sliding out, but at least it's a controlled slide (made me feel like a rally car racer). The sliding tendency is obviously exaccerbated by my rookie driving.

If anyone out there has a recommended setup for SoCal, it would be appreciated.

I am running a two-way diff, by the way. I understand it's an easier drive than a one-way. Compared to my recollection of the 12L, it's a dream.
grazianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:00 PM   #12849
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Re: I've just been looking at the.....

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_bam226
On the RS chassis, when the servo saver setup is turned upside down, it pivots on top a small washer, that sits on top of the bearing. When you put the servo saver assembly on to the post, if you look at it(right side up), you'll notice that the post is a little longer so that a washer will sit there and make the whole assembly flush. It is seen in the SD manual.

Ah, if you use the delrin center posts, you'll have to shave a little material off the posts so that the battery will sit correctly.
Cool thanks, just what I needed to know. *goes of to download SSG manual to see what the washers part number is*
Old 03-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #12850
Tech Elite

Can someone post a link to the stock setup for the SSG SD. I can't seem to find it on the Yokomo site.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #12851
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: First drive of the MR-4TC SD SSG

Quote:
Originally posted by grazianos
A few weeks ago I picked up an SSG, pretty much stock. Went to SoCal and picked up some blue Rayspeed springs for the front and white Rayspeed springs for the back (based on a helpful driver's recommendation). Also got an extra-wide bumper, per the many suggestions on this board.

This is my first car since the 12L of a dozen years ago. What a great car. I drove it on some smooth asphalt, and it was quite easy to control. My only "complaints": in the stock setting, the servo throw seems like it might be a little too short for SoCal. And the back-end seems a little susceptible to sliding out, but at least it's a controlled slide (made me feel like a rally car racer). The sliding tendency is obviously exaccerbated by my rookie driving.

If anyone out there has a recommended setup for SoCal, it would be appreciated.

I am running a two-way diff, by the way. I understand it's an easier drive than a one-way. Compared to my recollection of the 12L, it's a dream.
the back end sliding out? looks like you have a ton of steering off power.... try switching the springs you have (white up front, and blue in the rear)

if they are rayspeed springs, white is stiffer than the blue.

yes.. two diffs is easier to drive than having a one-way up front.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #12852
Tech Master

Default Protoform bodies....

Quick question time, just wondering which one of the Protoform bodies would be most like the Yokomo Stratus D (current body) in handling?

And do Protoform bodies come marked with positions to drill body post holes and if so do the ones provided line up with SSG/CGM body posts (as I always stuff up getting this just right if the body isn't made by the same people as the car. )
Old 03-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #12853
Tech Master

Default Re: Protoform bodies....

Quote:
And do Protoform bodies come marked with positions to drill body post holes and if so do the ones provided line up with SSG/CGM body posts (as I always stuff up getting this just right if the body isn't made by the same people as the car. )
Unfortunately, Protoform bodies do not come with dimples that denote body post locations.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #12854
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Protoform bodies....

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_bam226
Unfortunately, Protoform bodies do not come with dimples that denote body post locations.
Oh pooh. It's the one thing I always stuff up too. Looks like I'll have to speed the extra $6 just to get a Yokomo body (Chevron GT350) just so the holes line up.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:31 PM   #12855
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Protoform bodies....

Quote:
Quick question time, just wondering which one of the Protoform bodies would be most like the Yokomo Stratus D (current body) in handling?

i thought it is the 'E' body that's currently out?

- JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote