R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2005, 08:24 AM   #12826
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Just wondering, does anyone know if

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
a Rayspeed top deck can fit on a CGM without modification?
Thanks in advance.
You can... the only issue is the hole on the steering mounting
doesn't align on the rayspeed top deck. it is off by ~2~3mm.
And there is no hole for the top deck from the motor mount on CGM.

Personally, don't see the usefulness for a top deck on CGM.

ongbenghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:34 AM   #12827
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight
Does the Xray tweak as easy as the SSG. There is this older couple at my track that are around 55 to 60 and they both run xray. They hit the wall all the time, and there cars never seem to tweak and they only break every now and then.
exactly what I see at my track too... a car that doesn't tweak (or at least that tweaks less) when you hit the boards is exactly what I need. Doesn;t make much of a difference when running for leisure, but sure makes one for racing: if you bring the car to the pits to detweak it on a pit board, the clock doesn't stop running in the meantime

Cheers
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:54 AM   #12828
Tech Master

I'm surprised at the comments about X Rays not tweeking.

It's not what all the X Ray guys at our track find. You only have to look at them. They hit a board, and suddenly their lap times are up and the cars are inconsistant.

This is not just X Rays. It's all flat chassis cars. This is why I will stick to moulded chassis as long as possible.

And as for ease of setting up it never ceases to amaze me the amount of time these guys spend on the set up board. How nice to have a TC3 / 4 or CGM. Or XXXS for that matter.

Another reason of course is the fact that my name is not Masami or Spashett. They don't hit boards.

Look at it this way. How many real racing cars have you ever seen with a flat chassis. They all have monocoques, and the moulded chassis is the nearest thing to a racing car monocoque. Have I convinced you ?

I do however agree with Paul on parts availability , since you say you are the only person running a Yoke. Parts availability for Yokes isn't a problem here.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:22 AM   #12829
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, this i my first post hear and my english issent the best so please bear (not the animal ) with me..

Im driving an used Schumacher mission 1 now and thinking of swithing to the yokomo cgm. is this a good swiths for a newbi, i have just driven for 2 month, but some of the guys at my lockal club ses that iam really good for being so new.

I have a habit of roling and slaming in to things so my tweek canīt be good, so a guy at my club suggested the CGM chassi. Does this sound right to you, that the CGM is bettar for me.?

I have found a CGM with loots of options, but im thinking is this relly necessary for me, ex, stering hubs in blue alu front and rear,
Main drive shaft in carbenfiber etc...

Sorry for my bad english, but im doing my best.
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #12830
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
I'm surprised at the comments about X Rays not tweeking.

It's not what all the X Ray guys at our track find. You only have to look at them. They hit a board, and suddenly their lap times are up and the cars are inconsistant.

This is not just X Rays. It's all flat chassis cars. This is why I will stick to moulded chassis as long as possible.

And as for ease of setting up it never ceases to amaze me the amount of time these guys spend on the set up board. How nice to have a TC3 / 4 or CGM. Or XXXS for that matter.

Another reason of course is the fact that my name is not Masami or Spashett. They don't hit boards.

Look at it this way. How many real racing cars have you ever seen with a flat chassis. They all have monocoques, and the moulded chassis is the nearest thing to a racing car monocoque. Have I convinced you ?

I do however agree with Paul on parts availability , since you say you are the only person running a Yoke. Parts availability for Yokes isn't a problem here.
This from a guy who cuts his own chassis out of the end plates of 1:1 racing cars!!

We know you love the CGM, but you can't of had that much of a problem with twin deck chassis over moulded chassis - afterall, your son raced a TC3 while you raced the SD.

I think there are pros & cons with both types.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #12831
Tech Master

Thumbs up Thanks for the info....

Quote:
Originally posted by ongbenghui
You can... the only issue is the hole on the steering mounting
doesn't align on the rayspeed top deck. it is off by ~2~3mm.
And there is no hole for the top deck from the motor mount on CGM.

Personally, don't see the usefulness for a top deck on CGM.

Actually I'm thinking of getting the Rayspeed chassis as well, I just wanted to know about the top deck mounting and if it would attach to the gearboxes without having to get different parts (SD-002).

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-18-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #12832
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think you will find it attaches pretty much the same as the standard chassis.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #12833
Tech Master

Default Cheers...

Quote:
Originally posted by pheyhoe
I think you will find it attaches pretty much the same as the standard chassis.
While I think about it. If I've been looking at these parts right to use stick packs on the flat chassis I need a bracket that comes with the battery strap part for the SSG.

Just wondering what part is needed for the inside of the chassis to stop the packs moving inwards?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #12834
Tech Master

Default Re: Ok...

Quote:
Here's another question. If I've been looking at these parts right to use stick packs on the flat chassis I need a bracket that comes with the battery strap part for the SSG.

Just wondering what part is needed for the inside of the chassis to stop the packs moving inwards?
You'll need the short blue mounting posts for the chassis stiffener that comes with the SSG or Black kits.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #12835
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Ok...

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_bam226
You'll need the short blue mounting posts for the chassis stiffener that comes with the SSG or Black kits.
I have a couple of spare battery posts and/or even steering posts, do you think either of those would fit (without getting in the way of the main shaft) without having to get the parts you mention?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:59 AM   #12836
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Ok...

Quote:
I have a couple of spare battery posts and/or even steering posts, do you think either of those would fit (without getting in the way of the main shaft) without having to get the parts you mention?
Mabuchi540, you don't really need all the posts just two. One in front and in back on the inside of the stick pack. You could use the steering posts, just trim them down ALOT. Same with the extra battery posts. The posts itself are like 5mm tall. Hope this helps.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:00 PM   #12837
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to aoizip

Mabuchi540:

Are you talking about the the center body post?
the one located under the center driver shaft?
if you are... try to avoid it. just leave it open
because it will actaully give you more chassi tweak.

or you can try the tobee version of black post.
it helps a abit.(but i prefer of leaving it)

hope you know what i'm talking about
as i have no idea my words are making senses to you or not.

~Ming
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #12838
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by aoizip
Mabuchi540:

Are you talking about the the center body post?
the one located under the center driver shaft?
if you are... try to avoid it. just leave it open
because it will actaully give you more chassi tweak.

or you can try the tobee version of black post.
it helps a abit.(but i prefer of leaving it)

hope you know what i'm talking about
as i have no idea my words are making senses to you or not.

~Ming
Mabuchi540 wanted an alternative way to keep a stick pack in place on the RS chassis, if he did not have the center body posts. Mabuchi, if you can get your hands on the Tobee ones, less work for you!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #12839
Tech Master

Default Understood.....

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_bam226
Mabuchi540 wanted an alternative way to keep a stick pack in place on the RS chassis, if he did not have the center body posts. Mabuchi, if you can get your hands on the Tobee ones, less work for you!!!
both posters thanks. I haven't actually had a good look at an SSG model before but I do follow what ya saying. I'll have a look for the Tobee ones and if I can't find them I'll cut a steering post in 1/2 (because it's threaded at both ends) and trim them down to the right height.

Thanks again.

Edit: Is this the part you mean?

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=242&id=404
Old 03-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #12840
Tech Master

Default Re: Understood.....

Quote:
both posters thanks. I haven't actually had a good look at an SSG model before but I do follow what ya saying. I'll have a look for the Tobee ones and if I can't find them I'll cut a steering post in 1/2 (because it's threaded at both ends) and trim them down to the right height.

Thanks again.

Edit: Is this the part you mean?

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=242&id=404
Those are the ones.