R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-12-2003, 09:01 PM   #1246
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
DickemDown - the standard caster is 5 degrees (1 kickup and 4 block). You can adjust the kickup by using the notched washers on the suspension mount sprue - each one is worth one degree when placed under the suspension mount.
thanks sosidge, but i was more interested in taking out kickup, instead of adding it. any ideas?
DickemDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #1247
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TheBarber

r. love - thanx for your response.....but, i only used toss' car as a reference because of the SSG chassis setup he was running. not to mention the 4 top decks he had glued together anywho, thanx again i think i'll stick to the TC3.......you sound very familiar were you in minnesota?
TheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:47 PM   #1248
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Does anyone have a good base setup for a MR-4 TC SD SSG edition for So Cal raceway?
I thought there was one included with the kit...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:05 PM   #1249
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We got the titanium screw kits in stock. They are available online. Thanks!

Steve Wang
Old 05-13-2003, 12:29 AM   #1250
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default sosidge

Quote:
Originally posted by DickemDown
thanks sosidge, but i was more interested in taking out kickup, instead of adding it. any ideas?
what DickemDown was saying was right. you put them shims under the front rear block, the block in rear of the front gear housing.

Only thing i dont like about that is. your messing with the rollcernter when you do that. I'm going to stray and make a 0 front block like the other cars.

Is Yok going to come out with more blocks ?
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:48 AM   #1251
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

DICKEM.

Sosidge is quite correct. Standard set up is 4 degree block and 1 degree suspension mount at the front.

If you want to remove all the kick up simply put a 1mm spacer below the rear mount - always talking about the front suspension of course. But that will only give you a total of 4 degrees caster, which may not be enough. I would prefer more.

Raising the roll centre is not necessarily a bad thing. You can play front to rear to your advantage.

I must stress that my present set up is very much a first try guess. It is not bad, but not as good as my BD car. But I have no doubt that we will get there in the end. There are so many possibilities.

I see that at Bedworth last weekend Adam Rogers finished 2nd and Chris Grainger made 2nd TQ, both using their new SD cars. Does anyone know what sort of set up they were using?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:27 AM   #1252
Tech Addict

I still need advice on gearing my yok with a trinity revenge motor and a 19T motor please...
Chris@WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:46 AM   #1253
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Barber,

I didn't make Minnesota this year, but was there the previous year. I race with Chris Doseck, Mo Denton, Mike Pulfer, Eli Ezrow, etc.... Basically the Cincy and Dayton Ohio gang....

Good call on the TC3 for carpet and foam tires. Nothing against the SD fellas. I just "personally" feel the SD is not a dominant car with foam tires.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:50 AM   #1254
Tech Elite

JohnBull - you'll find Grainger's setup from the previous round at Stafford at CML's site, also on www.rczone.net. I was speaking to someone from CML the other day, and he did say they were still at very early days with the car, finding time with every run.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:10 AM   #1255
Tech Master

Hi Sosidge. greetings from malta.

Thanks for the info. I have just downloaded Chris's Stafford set up.

I agree that the cars are bound to get better with time. In fact I have just finished repairing the car from Sunday, rearranged the electrics with the addition of a fan - necessary in our heat, and am presently charging a few packs to try out at the track this evening.

At present I don't feel as confident with the car as I am with old faithful BD car, but I'm sure it can only get better. There's already less than half a second a lap difference so i'm getting there.

The next 3 rounds of our championship are being run on the long and very fast circuit. I was hoping to clinch the stock class last Sunday but didn't, so I will have to do the next round to get the necessary points to assure myself of the title. After that I will be running the remaining 2 rounds in the mod class.

You can see the latest race report, championship standings, etc in our club website www.irmcc.com

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:21 AM   #1256
Tech Elite

The right setup makes a huge difference !

JohnBull, I've noticed that you have the shocks layed down. I've tried that on another car, but when I raised them - and corrected the setup to suit this - I became faster.

They also describe it in this setup guide - look under "Suspension" and/or "Touring car setup guide - Upper shock mounting location".

A given setup might work well for you, but not for me - and vice versa. But maybe it's worth considering.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:52 AM   #1257
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Johnbull: so where are the pics of your car? You holding out on us!

I was quite excited to see that i surpassed my laptimes with my KX-1 with the SD in my first full weekend of racing it. I would love to see what results I get when I get the one way and some more springs for the car.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:44 AM   #1258
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

EFRA grand prix results in italy

thomas pumpler: yok sd
jm betticher: yok sd
o jansen: hpi ( )
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:55 AM   #1259
Tech Addict

Damn no one ever asnswers my Q's.... why do i even bother....
Chris@WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:07 AM   #1260
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Chris....

Moster should be a final of 7.25 to 7.75 depending on the track.Youll have to figure it out as I don't own this car.19 turn is similar try starting about 6.75-7.0 go higher if needed.Just some starting points.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote