R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-21-2005, 04:41 PM   #12556
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TFR
" ヨコモ新ベルトドライブEPツーリングカー

ヨコモさんに問い合わせたところ、新しいベルトドライブツーリングカーが28日に発表されるようです。現在 最終テスト中で、画像&詳細は2月28日(月)とのことでした。期待ですね!!"

New Yokomo belt drive car.
link?
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:29 PM   #12557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmm... maybe I was right??!!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #12558
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf
Looks like Yokomo is doin their homework on the easy access bulkheads like the EvoIV. This'll make life alot easier. I just wish Yokomo would come out with a Yokomo SP2. Dual belt design from the SP with SDW suspension kit on it..... That would be nice....
Maybe so Kilruf......Would like to get a link to see it.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #12559
Tech Elite

Yeah, But I guess we'll have to wait til the 28th for that to happen before the pics leak out if it's true. I wouldn't mind getting one... that's for sure. I just wish they would also offer more castor blocks instead of just 4 degree. They could kinda go back in history to their older design where the diffs weren't soo hard to get out of their belt cars... the YR4 series.... I still have my YR4M2 Pro sitting here...

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 02-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #12560
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf
Yeah, But I guess we'll have to wait til the 28th for that to happen before the pics leak out if it's true. I wouldn't mind getting one... that's for sure. I just wish they would also offer more castor blocks instead of just 4 degree. They could kinda go back in history to their older design where the diffs weren't soo hard to get out of their belt cars... the YR4 series.... I still have my YR4M2 Pro sitting here...
NICE
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:04 PM   #12561
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnytc3
Thanks van,
i just check it and there a was tiny bit left,trimed it off even more and it went away. Thanks
Johnny
no problem, thats why were all here to help each other out. happy motoring
vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #12562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
http://www.ultratechcleaning.com/yok...ps/spool-2.jpg

I just checked and yokomo.tk is back up and running, here's my spool setup and it should be good for a medium sized medium traction track.
Matt: your spool setup is great!! Almost got in the A-main, salvage 1st in the B.
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #12563
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well then ......

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Was running 3 hole Yokomo ones now 3 hole Rayspeed ones, I assumed of course that with the better fit and from what others have said about the fit that bigger holes would be required anyway.
Go to the Rayspeed #2 pistons, that should give you a little more pack for the same wt oil. I thought I mentioned you should try the Rayspeed #2s before? The RS #2s are very close to the Yoke #3s..
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:28 PM   #12564
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TFR
" ヨコモ新ベルトドライブEPツーリングカー

ヨコモさんに問い合わせたところ、新しいベルトドライブツーリングカーが28日に発表されるようです。現在 最終テスト中で、画像&詳細は2月28日(月)とのことでした。期待ですね!!"

New Yokomo belt drive car.
Big help
Old 02-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #12565
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default New Yokomo Belt Car

HI Guys,

Well, I guess the secret is out I can safely share what little I know of this car...I don't know the actual specs, but the reason behind Yokomo releasing a belt car is to offer dual platform for the racers. The belt car is suppose to have similar specs as the SD Worlds (no word on price yet), possibly carrying over similar suspension components. This is not suppose to be a replacement of the SSG platform from what I understand, but to offer another alternative to the racers. I think Yokomo knows that each driver have their own style of driving, and for some belt is better, and for other, shaft is better. So they want to offer a chassis for each kind of driving style. Since from what I understand the new belt car is going to be closer to the SDW spec, Yokomo will probably be offering a conversion kit (as mentioned in earlier posts) to bring the SSG and Black chassis MR-4TCSD up to spec as well.

This is as far as I know...for now We should see some shots in Japanese R/C magazines of the prototype next month, as they say, pictures are worth a thousand words, I'm sure someone will post them on here

Steve Wang

...I'm gonna get in trouble for posting this...
Old 02-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #12566
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Pops which RS piston would be like the yok #2 piston
Old 02-21-2005, 10:24 PM   #12567
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight
Pops which RS piston would be like the yok #2 piston
It should be the RS#1 piston We usually use the Yoke #3 and the Rayspeed #2 piston.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #12568
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Blakesrc

Steve,

thanks for taking the time to give us the info. I am glad its NOT suppose to replace the sd, i was starting to get bummed out since the rumors of a new car was brought up hehe. Please let us know when you hear about some release dates.

Blake
Blakesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:34 PM   #12569
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default Re: Yokomo SP

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2
My race was great last Sunday!! But I was surprised to see a someone (ROBORAT) raced with his Nostalgic MR4TC-SP, it has a drive train very similar to the new cars coming out!! Since here has been an influx of nbew belt cars, maybe Yokomo will bring out another "SP2" but with easier access to its diffs!! The car was balistic!! Qualified 3rd!!! But the belts gave up during the mains!!
Hope all of you had a great race!! There is one SDW left in HK (our LHS said) but it cost 28,000pesos, thats divided by 55 to come out in US$!!!! )
Yup. that car brings back so many memories. it's still a great car and can keep up with whatever is out there now. with more prep work i think i could have done a bit better - dint have time to totally rebuild the car in time for the race. too bad about the belts giving way in the mains. they were so old and brittle so i guess they just decided to say bye-bye .... it would have probably held on for the whole race if i had decided to run stock instead of that 9x2 Kr hehehe ... but you know me, mod forever! i'll work on the car this weekend. will rebuild the shocks (squeeky with all that air in them) and the rear diffs, clean up the one way and tweak it properly .... oh and put on a new front belt. if i have time, maybe i'll race it at Capitol next weekend. lets see how it does there!

i'll try to post pics of the SP here just so everyone can take a look at a ghost from the past. old or new, Yokomo simply rocks!

... gotta say though, JT's SDW was a dream to drive. Would love to slap an mod into that thing! hehehe

Last edited by ROBORAT; 02-21-2005 at 10:42 PM.
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:54 PM   #12570
Tech Elite

That's good to hear. Seems like now Tamiya won't be the only ones with this 2 car deal. HPI/Hot Bodies... and now Yokomo. I guess I know what my new car will be hehe...

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03