Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

that was with XRAY outdrives on the oneway. And it took a little modding to do.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default question

where do i want to shim be sd ssg to make it as quiet and friction free as possible
Old 02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

I'm interested in getting a CMG or SSG to run along my Pro4. But i noticed that it has been released for quite a while already so any idea when will Yokomo release a new chassis to replace the current MR-4TC SD? I just don't want to get a new car and later on found that it become obsolete in a few months time.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

newest car out is the SDW, currently sold out. you could try some shops out of the country
Old 02-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: question

Originally posted by 92tsi
where do i want to shim be sd ssg to make it as quiet and friction free as possible
you will need to play with shimming the input shafts individually so that they spin freely with limited play(lash). separatly, you will shim the difs in the dif cases without the input shafts in place to get the right number/thicknesses in place. remember that the difs shift a little when the dif covers go on, so you will check this a few times. Now rearange the shims as all the components are installed. add some chain wax or other non sticky lube and your set
Old 02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default thanks

thanks im gonna see if i do this right, so i out the shims all in side of the diff case. do one side at a time, and shim them until the one side has no play at all, and then do the other side. is that right
Old 02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

rayspeed has a aftermarket chassis for the yokomo
Old 02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by iamramos
newest car out is the SDW, currently sold out. you could try some shops out of the country

SDW is the world champion replica ?? the limited edition right?
is it just a SD with "hop-ups"? or is it a completely different chassis?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yellow,

It is a different chassis and also has some other components on it that are not compatible with the regular sd so you cant really convert an sd to an sdw. A lot of the breakable parts like the steering knuckles, castor blocks, rear uprights etc are the same though.

Blake
Old 02-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Blakesrc
Yellow,

It is a different chassis and also has some other components on it that are not compatible with the regular sd so you cant really convert an sd to an sdw. A lot of the breakable parts like the steering knuckles, castor blocks, rear uprights etc are the same though.

Blake
oh okie. but it's a limited edition right? so that means the normal SD CGM/SSG will still be the main chassis for quite a while? (how long?)
Old 02-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

I don't think anyone will know for sure how long this platform will last, but one things for sure its still very fast. They did make a few improvements on the sdw, so you never know whats coming. You should talk to ivan or stephen (or even me) here in NZ if you want a yokomo. They will help you out a lot.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

With the more than favorable feedback Yokomo has received on their SDW, I have feeling that they'll be coming out with a 'standard edition' of it in the near future. . . . One that will probably have the bling-blings (hollow shafts, universals, screws etc) replaced with the more standard components of the SD series in order to lower its shelf price.

. . . . Just my thoughts.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by joelt
With the more than favorable feedback Yokomo has received on their SDW, I have feeling that they'll be coming out with a 'standard edition' of it in the near future. . . . One that will probably have the bling-blings (hollow shafts, universals, screws etc) replaced with the more standard components of the SD series in order to lower its shelf price.

. . . . Just my thoughts.
conversion kit
Old 02-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

STEVE - Looks like you've already received some word on something most of us SD fans would like to hear.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Default A little handling problem....

(or perhaps not lol)......

Anyway here's a picture of a model of the track I've been practicing on for the Nats coming up in March and hopefully what follows makes sense to all you Yokomo drivers.

http://www.nzrca.co.nz/images/clubs/mrccc2.JPG

Now if you count the red dot right at the end of the straight as dot 1 then from that point I am having a problem with dot 1, 4 and 9.

I'm new to on-road so at the moment (and with little time to practice until the nats) I'm running two diffs instead of a oneway (which I assume would fix my little problem) because I figure it would be safer handling wise for a starter like me. Anyway....

at the points I mention above 1,4,9 I find that one of two things happens I either end up with having to slow down so much to get around the corners that I exit it way to wide....

or at the point of turning there is to much speed (and I haven't slowed/braked enough) and the front end "hooks".....

I think that is the right term for it anyway in that all of a sudden the front digs in and the rear spins out.

The only other thing I can think of to add to the situation is that it is a brand new surface of what here in NZ is called "hotmix" (black fine chipps with an oil component).

Any suggestions re handling would be appreciated. At the moment I'm using 450 oil with green springs rear and pink in front and silver/black anti roll bars rear/front.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 02-17-2005 at 08:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.