R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #12076
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard

No problem with the help, it keeps me busy over hear. There's not a whole lot to do other than drink and act like an idiot.
Yeah, and what's wrong with that?

Last edited by pops; 01-29-2005 at 12:38 AM.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:55 AM   #12077
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by racer
does anyone have a stock carpet setup with rubber for the SDW?
i'm new to setting up Yokomo cars, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Try this:
FRONT:
One way Copper sway-bar
0 deg toe
1 deg of kick up 1deg of camber
RS Red springs 450 oil
RS#2 pistons
6mm of droop
Lower hold in caster block
middle hole on caster block for camber link - inner middle hole on tower
Shock 2nd hole from outside 3nd hole from inside on arm
Front arms centered

REAR
Silver swaybar
1.5 deg of camber
2 deg of rear toe 0 Deg rear hub
RS Yellow springs 350 Oil
RS #2 piston
4 mm of droop
Camber link on 2nd pos from inside on hub - lower middle on tower
Shock 2nd hole from outside on tower - 2nd from inside on arm
Arms all the way back
Rear hubs in lower hole
If you still traction roll, apply a coat of CA to the outside of the front tires.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:31 AM   #12078
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Matt,
Did you get your SDW yet?

- JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:44 AM   #12079
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Question...

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
hey Matt, when you press down on the front and rear shock towers so your car stays planted, how much 'movement' should your spur gear have? Probably a silly question, but I'm going throughout the car trying to find out where all the slop is to eliminate it...

- JB
alright, got the car back together and I measure how far back and forth one tooth on my 100 tooth spur moves and it's 4.5mm.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:44 AM   #12080
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
Matt,
Did you get your SDW yet?

- JB
no
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 01-29-2005, 07:47 AM   #12081
Tech Champion

I think I gave someone wrong info on the color of the RS 1.1 pistons. They're black, not white like I think I said a couple of pages back. Sorry, if I messed anyone up
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 AM   #12082
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
with the springs you have I would run orange in the front and green in the rear. Have you tried running harder tires and inserts to stop the traction rolling? Are you running the same tires as everyone else?
Everyone is running premount take off 22. I thought about running sorex 20 with a hpi firm insert or take off 22 with a firm insert. The sorex are on sale at my track for 10 bucks for a pair of two.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:59 AM   #12083

Quote:
Originally posted by racer
does anyone have a stock carpet setup with rubber for the SDW?
i'm new to setting up Yokomo cars, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
i ran mine yesterday for the first time on carpet. the kit setup was pretty darn close. i only changed the rear toe block to a two degree block. and i thought it was very good, i let a couple of the "fast" guys drive it and they thought so to. BUT this was mid afternoon, later in the evening when the mod guys with foam tires showed up, traction came up and i would roll. did all the normal changes, springs, shock position removed roll bars etc etc. none of it helped. i think the simple solution would have been to change tires. i was running sorex 28's with yok 039f inserts. i'm not a carpet guy so i didn't want to buy tires, but i'm pretty sure a set of take off27's or sorex 32 with a harder insert would have cured the rolling problem,

BTW, i never thought of POPS idea of the CA glue. i'll try that next time.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:28 AM   #12084
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ritchie
i ran mine yesterday for the first time on carpet. the kit setup was pretty darn close. i only changed the rear toe block to a two degree block. and i thought it was very good, i let a couple of the "fast" guys drive it and they thought so to. BUT this was mid afternoon, later in the evening when the mod guys with foam tires showed up, traction came up and i would roll. did all the normal changes, springs, shock position removed roll bars etc etc. none of it helped. i think the simple solution would have been to change tires. i was running sorex 28's with yok 039f inserts. i'm not a carpet guy so i didn't want to buy tires, but i'm pretty sure a set of take off27's or sorex 32 with a harder insert would have cured the rolling problem,

BTW, i never thought of POPS idea of the CA glue. i'll try that next time.
Your tires are soft and probably rolling over in the corners. Try Sorex 28s on the front and 24s on the rear, and use Sorex firm A inserts. If you still traction roll, then try the CA on the outside of the front tires.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #12085
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
I think I gave someone wrong info on the color of the RS 1.1 pistons. They're black, not white like I think I said a couple of pages back. Sorry, if I messed anyone up
Old 01-29-2005, 12:52 PM   #12086
Tech Champion

shouldn't you be practicing so you can stay on the same lap as me when I come back?
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 01-29-2005, 01:09 PM   #12087
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Everyone went to Gilroy today but I sat this one out. Bigdog sat out as well. I'm getting geared up for next weekend though. Follow the message boards for the action since you can't race.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #12088
Tech Regular

Default oneway

i was wondering if it is possible to get a oneway front inout shaft for the sd like there is for the tc3? by this i mean pretty much the same as a oneway diff but on the input shaft so under power it wil work nomraly but when u let go it will spin freely?
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #12089
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post Re: Re: Question...

Quote:
alright, got the car back together and I measure how far back and forth one tooth on my 100 tooth spur moves and it's 4.5mm.
My 78t spur moves 6mm; so this is just a guess but the more teeth on your spur/pinion, less movement? I wonder if 'gear-mesh' determines the amount of movement to a point...
Thanx Matt

- JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:11 PM   #12090
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Man, the SDW is dialed as hell now. Was in clearly 2nd place in A Main 12-turn today. Had a small chance on 1st but these freaking radio interferences made me place in 5th. I changed all electronics, but the transmitter. Will send it for service and see if that's the problem. I do really think the radio is the problem now..
Weird was that i was the ONLY one running 27mhz. So it must be my stuff that's the problem. And because i changed ESC, reciever, servo and motor it has to be the radio.. Whatever..

The worst thing was a gnarly crash, a inteference made my car take a corner marker and roll up on the straight, another car came full speed in the right side of my car and i ended up with:
Bent motormount (first one ever bending an SDW motor mount? )
ESC became totaled, one of the circuit boards in it flew many meters, good i ran an old Quantum Comp..
Servocase is kind of cracked...
One steering linkage got bent.
Endbell on motor got a little weird...

Guaranteed the worst crash i've been involved with.. Will try to straighten the motor mount someday or try to get a new one if i can't get it straight...
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote