R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2005, 03:35 AM   #11671
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ATLAS COPCO
What part of the car is the part that alows the car to tweak ,can this be stoped dose the centre stifner hold the tweek once it is there
buy the way it is an ssg chassis
The centre stiffener makes the car hold a tweak after a crash, get rid of it, it makes very little difference to the chassis strength either.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:48 AM   #11672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge

Personally, I've always struggled with the Yoke around very tight tracks if the grip is down, it doesn't have a lot of steering by nature, it's generally stable.
how true...for an SSG/ black SD. I've struggled with my black SD for so much but right after switching to the CGM, voila.
Same springs, a bit different roll centers, and that's about it.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:07 AM   #11673
Tech Adept

I run on the same track as adam, the grip is very low and foams are used in all classes except 540. Reason being ( I think) is because we have a local foam tyre manufacturer (frewer racing) and they are quite cheap. The compounds are usually referred to in colours, black is a 39 shore rear tyre. On my SD SSG getting the car to turn using black rears and gold(30 shore front tyre) fronts didnt work with most setups, I came very close but the front tyres still scrubbed a lot, so a lot of people used black all round. The black tyre front and rear gives the car a lot of steering but the fronts wear too fast (maybe last 6 runs in mod from full size if you're lucky).

However today I ran my SDW for the first time using black rear/ gold font and the car had more than enough steering, only used around 75% dual rate. And the front tyres did not scrub at all while cornering. This car is amazing, it goes better than it looks, which is a big achievement, and my laptimes dropped considerably . I have done 4 packs on this car and its much faster to drive and I feel much more confident going into corners than I did with my SSG SD. The only thing on this car is the battery brace, I rolled it once and the battery fell out, anyway, I will have some foam and a 3rd battery post soon hopefully.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:39 AM   #11674
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: MATT HOWARD

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
the RS-23 towers are the old ones, the RS-30 is the new front and RS-31 is the new rear. I would go with two of the new rear towers, just cut the body mounts off of the one to use on the front. The reason I don't like the new front tower is because the inner camber link positions are too high IMO. I haven't done much testing with the new towers but running the shocks in the second from inside hole (there are 4 in the new rear tower) both front and rear should be a good starting point.
Thanks Matt!
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:44 AM   #11675
Tech Addict

do you have to purchase a swaybar set or does the kit come with any extras?

would anyone happen to have the part numbers for swaybars that are needed?

Thanks in advance!
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:23 AM   #11676
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Quote:
Originally posted by ritchie
well i think i figured out what the "stoppers" are for on the new sdw balls. actually a friend of mine told me, its for a e-clip, to make sure the ball cups don't pop off.
Man, that's pretty neat, although the ballends they send sith the car totally sucks, just if they made'em a little more Heavy duty.. I've ordered regular balls and replacing the cups with RPM's, it does even hold a cambersetting in a crash..
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:58 AM   #11677
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by racer
do you have to purchase a swaybar set or does the kit come with any extras?

would anyone happen to have the part numbers for swaybars that are needed?

Thanks in advance!
For the front use the Rayspeed Lower Swaybar kit RS-25 and for the rear use the Upper Sway Bar Kit ZS-412FSP. You will need to find 2 colets for the rear swaybar to keep it from sliding left and right.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #11678
Tech Champion

Quote:
The centre stiffener makes the car hold a tweak after a crash, get rid of it, it makes very little difference to the chassis strength either.
Or you could just remove only the alluminium blue posts, and sandwich back the stiffener together with screws, washer and nuts. Your chassis will be much stiffer now ( 6mm thick in the middle ). However, some people like stiff chassis ( carpet, super smooth track ) and some don't ( bumpy track, rough surface ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #11679
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
For the front use the Rayspeed Lower Swaybar kit RS-25 and for the rear use the Upper Sway Bar Kit ZS-412FSP. You will need to find 2 colets for the rear swaybar to keep it from sliding left and right.
Thanks for the reply, POPS

my bad, i forgot to mention which car. i was interested in knowing if the SDW kit came with any extra sway bars...

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #11680
Tech Master

Default Assembly Q for the SDW...

For the guys here who have purchased an SDW, did anyone have any fitting problems with the steering tubes being mated to the bellcranks? Thanks in advance for the help.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #11681
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
Thanks for the reply, POPS

my bad, i forgot to mention which car. i was interested in knowing if the SDW kit came with any extra sway bars...

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #11682
Tech Regular

an SDW, wow i wich i can afford dat. does it really make a difference from a full option mr4tc sd black?
crzydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #11683
Tech Regular

Default sosidge

Quote:
Thanks for that ,Out of the two cars witch one would you have a cgm or the twin deck version
Any body please reply
ATLAS COPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #11684
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by crzydrifter
an SDW, wow i wich i can afford dat. does it really make a difference from a full option mr4tc sd black?
had a SD before. just like to try different cars, or in my case build them. spend more time building and admiring, than actually race them. also, you tend to spend more money hopping up the cars. might as well go all out and get everything at once.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #11685
Tech Regular

ye im thniking of doin dat.
crzydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote