R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-25-2004, 01:21 AM   #10846
Tech Champion

Default Re: N E E D H E L P ! !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by PMR
Need help!!!! Eversince I started using Yokomo ssg, Rayspeeed and CGM my problem of breaking the front axles in like every 2 to 4 runs (twice in a race) still persist thats why Ive always sidelined my Yokomo's and used other cars instead. Have used the original axle, the Square titanium axles and also the new heavy duty ones (although better but still the pins get broken). Don't get me wrong all my other cars are all shafties but they outlast the yoke's axle 10 to 15 times. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I overcome this problem by mounting the middle graphite stiffener without the blue aluminium posts at all. Joined them together and locked them with 12mm countersink screws and flange nuts. The chassis will be much stiffer against frontal impact which often cause your problem. I've been using that idea for 3 months and my SSG still going strong.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #10847
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PMR
Need help!!!! Eversince I started using Yokomo ssg, Rayspeeed and CGM my problem of breaking the front axles in like every 2 to 4 runs (twice in a race) still persist thats why Ive always sidelined my Yokomo's and used other cars instead. Have used the original axle, the Square titanium axles and also the new heavy duty ones (although better but still the pins get broken). Don't get me wrong all my other cars are all shafties but they outlast the yoke's axle 10 to 15 times. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi PMR,

Just out of curiousity, is it breaking on both the front axles (left and right?) or just one side only? And where does it break on the axles? Does both the pin and the axle break? or just the pin?

Steve Wang
Old 11-25-2004, 12:07 PM   #10848

i have broken a few pins, few axles where the pin goes through. and during the repair, each time the grub screw was loose.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:39 PM   #10849
Tech Regular

hi.

can you get an underbody for the cgm?

many thanks
A Gower
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #10850
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PMR
Try getting the Hard Front Universals. Part #ZS-010FH. You will have to grind the ball down to the pin. Be careful not to grind down too far or the pin will come loose. The hardend universals are very strong and if you bend them you can straighten them with a hammer and a hard surface. They also last much longer than any other axle as well. As Matt said you should also get the larger front bumper too.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:08 PM   #10851

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ALSO need some Help!!

Trying to find a spool for my CGM. I looked all over Speed tech. I miust be typing in some thing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks YOK.
ZeroCooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:36 PM   #10852
tornado

Default Re: Re: N E E D H E L P ! !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi PMR,

Just out of curiousity, is it breaking on both the front axles (left and right?) or just one side only? And where does it break on the axles? Does both the pin and the axle break? or just the pin?

Steve Wang
My experience is ALWAYS the pins. It just break for no apparent reason at all and it will also break while I'm making a dash down the straight.......only realise it when entering the corner after the straight.........no traction.

I've broke 2 pins simultaneously too........one in the straights and the other 2 corners after that !!

I just pack up the yok and whip out my trusty TC3.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:16 PM   #10853
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Blakesrc

Zerocool,

If my link doesnt work below, fromt the speedtechrc website click on "aftermarket parts" on the left, then "speedtech hop ups".

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/364.html

Blake
Blakesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:12 AM   #10854
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: N E E D H E L P ! !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado
My experience is ALWAYS the pins. It just break for no apparent reason at all and it will also break while I'm making a dash down the straight.......only realise it when entering the corner after the straight.........no traction.

I've broke 2 pins simultaneously too........one in the straights and the other 2 corners after that !!

I just pack up the yok and whip out my trusty TC3.
hmmm...if it's the pin, I think I might have something that might help the situation. Two local yokomo drivers have told me that the Alex Racing universal coupler and pins are the same as the yokomo ones (part number A6074) however, the Alex pins are a tiny bit longer than the stock yokomo ones, which support the axles a bit more making them stronger. However, they are not too long where they will interfer with the kingpin screws. I'll try to measure them tomorrow when I swing by the shop.

Steve Wang
Old 11-26-2004, 12:39 AM   #10855
PMR
Tech Apprentice

Thank you guys for all your suggestions I tkink it's time for my yokomo's to get out of the closet. Will defintely try your suggestions.

Steve: Using the old original axle I break the pins, dogbones and the axles but when I started using the HD axles I only break the pins and the dogbones. There was one who suggested to use shrink tube to wrap the axle. I'll give it a try.
PMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:41 AM   #10856
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Hey Steve do you stock part #ZS-010FH? Also, are the new RS MIP CVD's too new to give a report on them; I'm wondering if they're stronger than the ones pops mentioned (#ZS-010FH's)?
Thanx-

jaybee

P.S.- can't wait for the new YOKE

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:28 AM   #10857
fai
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PMR
Thank you guys for all your suggestions I tkink it's time for my yokomo's to get out of the closet. Will defintely try your suggestions.

Steve: Using the old original axle I break the pins, dogbones and the axles but when I started using the HD axles I only break the pins and the dogbones. There was one who suggested to use shrink tube to wrap the axle. I'll give it a try.
I'm afraid to say that the shrink tube solution seems doesn't work to me: the pin just penetrated the tube and kept coming out...
fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:30 AM   #10858
fai
Regional Moderator

Wow, Japan JMRCA 23turn sport class was won by 11 year-old boy Naoto Matsuzaki!
Here's a video to download:
http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/index.html
click NEWS and you'll see the video...
fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:39 AM   #10859
tornado

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: N E E D H E L P ! !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
hmmm...if it's the pin, I think I might have something that might help the situation. Two local yokomo drivers have told me that the Alex Racing universal coupler and pins are the same as the yokomo ones (part number A6074) however, the Alex pins are a tiny bit longer than the stock yokomo ones, which support the axles a bit more making them stronger. However, they are not too long where they will interfer with the kingpin screws. I'll try to measure them tomorrow when I swing by the shop.

Steve Wang
Used that too but they lasts a bit longer though and they are slightly longer too.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:15 AM   #10860
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
Hey Steve do you stock part #ZS-010FH? Also, are the new RS MIP CVD's too new to give a report on them; I'm wondering if they're stronger than the ones pops mentioned (#ZS-010FH's)?
Thanx-

jaybee

P.S.- can't wait for the new YOKE
The RS mip CVD's are having the same problems as the regular mip cvd's for the SD, they bind the axle when they are tightened. I would stay away from them unless they get MIP to redo them so they don't bind up.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote