R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-22-2004, 04:13 AM   #10801
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Did you get the Team Bomber Shaft?
Sorry man, Team Bomber shaft is sold out. Even SQUARE Titanium Front Axle.

BTW the shop have lots of other stuffs.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 04:16 AM   #10802
Tech Master

Quick question....

What's the cheapest place to buy a personal transponder online that you know of that also has hassle free ordering from other countries (no fuss like with Tower Hobbies)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 11-22-2004 at 04:22 AM.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 04:45 AM   #10803
Tech Champion

Default Re: Quick question....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
What's the cheapest place to buy a personal transponder online that you know of that also has hassle free ordering from other countries (no fuss like with Tower Hobbies)?

Thanks in advance.
You could order it from RC Mart in Hong Kong. You save lots on air shipping, Hong Kong - New Zealand.

BTW, you need to E-mail RC Mart, get quote on the total price including 3-4 days shipping, send Telegraphic Transfer Payments through your local bank, and wait 1 week for door to door delivery.

Last edited by asw7576; 11-22-2004 at 04:50 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:26 AM   #10804
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Quick question....

Quote:
Originally posted by asw7576
You could order it from RC Mart in Hong Kong. You save lots on air shipping, Hong Kong - New Zealand.

BTW, you need to E-mail RC Mart, get quote on the total price including 3-4 days shipping, send Telegraphic Transfer Payments through your local bank, and wait 1 week for door to door delivery.
And that's supposed to be less hassle than just pick and click to add it to a shopping cart is it? lol Doesn't have to be the absolute cheapest just the best combo of price and ease or ordering will do fine.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 AM   #10805
Tech Fanatic

Where can i get a bomber prop from? Sold my last one with my car and RCchamp and Rainbow10 have none in stock. Thanks Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:02 PM   #10806
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Is the bomber driveshaft significantly lighter than the Yokomo fiberglass shaft? I raced all summer (stock class) with the Yokomo shaft and I didn't have anyproblem with splintering or breaking.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #10807
Tech Regular

hi,

for the car i would like to have the alloy dogbones at the rear with steel axles and a the front steel axles al round, but i was wondering what you actualy get with the parts? can you order the front and rear axles without any dogbones and can you order the dogbones seperatly? if so do any of you no the part numbers? and also what is the part number for the maintence kit for the drivehafts? i believe you get the pin, grub screw and the little knuckle bit?

many thanks
A Gower
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:56 PM   #10808
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Go to www.speedtechrc.com They have all the part numbers with the parts they also sell.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:01 PM   #10809
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Geppetto
Is the bomber driveshaft significantly lighter than the Yokomo fiberglass shaft? I raced all summer (stock class) with the Yokomo shaft and I didn't have anyproblem with splintering or breaking.
I don't know if the team bomber shaft is any lighter but I'm almost positive if you twisted both ends of your yokomo shaft it will feel like a noodle.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 03:06 PM   #10810
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
I don't know if the team bomber shaft is any lighter but I'm almost positive if you twisted both ends of your yokomo shaft it will feel like a noodle.
Matt, Alex has the bomber shaft and it is very light, not sure if it is lighter than the Yoke carbon shaft, because I gave the Yokomo one away. It is very light and stiff and does not twist. It looks really good too.

Last edited by pops; 11-22-2004 at 05:09 PM.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:23 PM   #10811
fai
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Spray the kit bearings out to get rid of the thick grease. The lightweight aluminum input shafts make a big difference in reducing the weight of the car. I've got the new RS towers on my car right now and I love the rear one but the front camber link positions seem too high on the inside for my taste, even at the lowest mounting position. Also, the wide front bumper kit will protect the front of the car much better than the kit bumper. Have fun and kick some butt with the CGM
Matt, I also think the front inside camber link hole is too high... It makes my car even more 'pusher' than using the original tower... Do these towers suit the RS graphite chasis more?!
fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:43 PM   #10812
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by fai
Matt, I also think the front inside camber link hole is too high... It makes my car even more 'pusher' than using the original tower... Do these towers suit the RS graphite chasis more?!
I don't know if they suit one chassis better than the others, I wouldn't see why they would though. I'll probably just get another new rear tower and cut off the body mounting holes and use it up front.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 11-23-2004, 01:15 AM   #10813
Tech Master

PROP SHAFTS.

I put the Yoke graphite one on mine and yes it did flex like a noodle in no time at all.

I have a Bomber shaft in my son's mod TC3. It's been on over a year without any problems. I have ordered some more for both TC3 and Yoke from Speedtech but apparently they are presently out of stock.

As far as weight is concerned, I would say the Yoke graphite shaft and the Bomber shaft weigh about the same - both very light.

I recently fitted the Titanium Racing CVDs front and rear on mine. Very light and very well made, unlike their previous dog bones for the belt drive MR4s. They were terrible.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:57 AM   #10814
Tech Champion

johnbull- how's the wear rate on the Ti CVD's? A friend of mine tried those on his losi last year and they got sloppy really quick.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 11-23-2004, 02:20 AM   #10815
Tech Master

Hi Matt.

Yes, the original TIR CVDs were lousy. I ran them for a while on my son's TC3 and threw them away and also ran some on my old belt drive Yoke - and threw them away.

The new ones are much better. They have a steel sleeve and the inner roller is also steel, whereas the original ones were all titanium. Yes these are a definate improvement. I have run 2 meetings plus quite a bit of practice with them, and so far no sign of wear.

Anything new in your part of the world ?
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote