R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2004, 09:17 AM   #10741
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You are one of the few with good things to say about the Hitec's.... My problem went away when I changed the servo....
Old 11-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #10742
Regional Moderator

All equipments are the same, the difference is only 1 day. Saturday, went to 3 heats. Last heat, have glitch very very bad. My car went full throttle and hit the concrete with 4 arms broken, binding servo saver mount, crashed upperdeck mount, etc because of the damaged xtal.

At night, I manage to build a new kit (CGM) with some parts directly moved from the SSG like gearbox, low-friction bearings, aluminum option parts, ESC, Motor and other equipments. I also still have the same shock/car setup and still using SSG shock towers and of course same body.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #10743
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
You are one of the few with good things to say about the Hitec's.... My problem went away when I changed the servo....
AMEN
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:43 AM   #10744
Tech Elite

FG are planning on using re-badged Hitec servos in their large scale RTR cars. Obviously, they didn't want to scrimp on servo quality - not with a 1000 + car.

I've heard all manner of bad suff about hitec over the years - but at various UK tracks I've seen far more broken Futaba, KO servos than Hitec ones.

Regards quality of these items, the gears used in Hitec servos are second to none - and that's a fact!

It seems consumers get ripped off all the time - paying loads of money for something they 'think' is far better quality, for example some electrical goods come badged with a Sony label. People pay loads for it, assuming quality. But the shocking truth is that the item they just bought didn't actually come from a Sony factory....it's merely licenced by them. Other identical items may cost far less.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:27 AM   #10745
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
FG are planning on using re-badged Hitec servos in their large scale RTR cars. Obviously, they didn't want to scrimp on servo quality - not with a 1000 + car.

I've heard all manner of bad suff about hitec over the years - but at various UK tracks I've seen far more broken Futaba, KO servos than Hitec ones.

Regards quality of these items, the gears used in Hitec servos are second to none - and that's a fact!

It seems consumers get ripped off all the time - paying loads of money for something they 'think' is far better quality, for example some electrical goods come badged with a Sony label. People pay loads for it, assuming quality. But the shocking truth is that the item they just bought didn't actually come from a Sony factory....it's merely licenced by them. Other identical items may cost far less.

I've gone through 2 Hitec servo's so far on my Technokit's front brakes..... I'm switching to Multiplex finally.....

I use the Hitec's in my trucks and they work just fine there.... I just don't feel they have the precision for 1/10th scale TC's....
Old 11-16-2004, 12:32 PM   #10746
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Arrow Masami's winning SDW

So far the only picture of the winning car I have seen. Anyone seen any more pics?

Source: http://www.hobby-one.co.jp

Last edited by kentech; 11-16-2004 at 01:33 PM.
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #10747
Tech Master

Yeah, check out www.yokomousa.com, and check out the SDW kit, it has close ups of the kit, and a description.

Or, you could go a few pages back for the CML close ups of the chassis.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:34 PM   #10748
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have seen many good pictures of the car from the worlds but I was thinking from the JMRCA race.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:35 PM   #10749
Tech Master

I heard from JDM_DOHC_SiR, that it was a pain to get close to the Yokomo pit area.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #10750
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Masami's winning SDW

Quote:
Originally posted by kentech
So far the only picture of the winning car I have seen. Anyone seen any more pics?

Source: http://www.hobby-one.co.jp
Dont look like there are many screws in that top deck! Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:50 PM   #10751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks to those who replied... im building another CGM now, and im going to use the new rayspeed shock towers... it seems that the front has different camber link mounting holes... what will this do to the handling of my CGM?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:14 PM   #10752
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_bam226
I heard from JDM_DOHC_SiR, that it was a pain to get close to the Yokomo pit area.
Thats a under statement more like "IMPOSSIBLE"
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:29 AM   #10753
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
thanks to those who replied... im building another CGM now, and im going to use the new rayspeed shock towers... it seems that the front has different camber link mounting holes... what will this do to the handling of my CGM?
Rayspeed actually has two types of shocktowers out now, did you get the first type or the new lowered type?
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:32 AM   #10754
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

SERVOS. I use KO digital servos. Always have done. I sell them! But I suppose any good brand should do the job.

When the car doesn't steer straight, if it always pulls to one same side, then adjust the trim or possibly check for tweek.

If it just doesn't run straight on the straights - sometimes goes left, sometimes right, the chances are that something is binding - king pins too tight, ball joints too tight.

Too much slack doesn't really effect this. In fact some manufacturers - Corally spring to mind - actually build play into the steering of their pan cars, and actually instruct you not to try removing it.

THE MASAMI CAR. First thing that struck me too was the lack of screws on the top deck - flex perhaps ? I'm surprised that he has removed the screws on the top of the steering pillars though. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Looking at the size and angle of those bankings on the Japanese track, I think I would tend to do the same, though I didn't see him or Hara clip a banking once in the Jap A1 final video. Did you?
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:15 AM   #10755
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I've gone through 2 Hitec servo's so far on my Technokit's front brakes..... I'm switching to Multiplex finally.....

I use the Hitec's in my trucks and they work just fine there.... I just don't feel they have the precision for 1/10th scale TC's....
Off topic, I know - but bear with me!

Application definitely has alot to do with it. But I've yet to find a more precise servo than the 5925.

Probably the main reason why Hitec servos are so popular with truckers is because they are cheap and have the strongest gears.

Multiplex servos are very good - I've used them before in Aircraft.

The servo failures I've heard about are normally related to IC failure - most likely down to misuse (incorrect end point setting) and ambient high temperatures. Unlike more expensive servos, the Hitecs have plastic cases which don't dissipate heat as efficiently.

You'ld be suprised how many people forget to use rubber grommets when mounting servos on Nitro models.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote