R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2004, 03:22 PM   #10621
Tech Fanatic

Nice pics John thanks. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #10622
Tech Master

Well, by the looks from the pics from John D, the front arms are shorter, and the arm is molded a little different from the rear arm. It also looks like a custom arm mount is used for the new shorter arms. Interesting....
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #10623
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

On the springs I was recommending I was talking about the RS springs, after rereading it I probably confused some people by saying the green springs is the softest. The RS green spring is the softest they sell, the Yokomo green spring is pretty stiff

On another note, the limited edition kit is not intended to replace the regular SD versions at all. Hopefully the shorter arms and wider suspension mount will be available seperately but the lowered gearboxes and lowered motormount will not be produced as spares, just a one time production run and that's it.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:52 PM   #10624
Tech Apprentice

Default Setup for SSg

Can anybody help me with a setup for carpet spring oil, tyre shore,how tall is the tyre ex.
Quietroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:58 PM   #10625
Tech Champion

Default Re: Setup for SSg

Quote:
Originally posted by Quietroit
Can anybody help me with a setup for carpet spring oil, tyre shore,how tall is the tyre ex.
go to www.yokomo.tk chris tosolini's carpet nats setup is there and is a great starting point for carpet racing
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 11-10-2004, 08:12 PM   #10626
Tech Master

Adding weight.....

Now that I've got the suspension all sorted and the car is balanced left/right front/back I thought it's time to weigh the car (more accurately than the kitchen scales at least lol ).

I figured it would be under weight and it is by 40 grams only thing is seeing how as the car is balanced I thought there would be enough room to add the needed weight in the chassis slots but no (well not using lead shot anyway).

So any ideas for either alternate locations (space not exactly easy to come by in a CGM lol) and and types of weight would be appreciated.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:28 PM   #10627
Tech Champion

Default Re: Adding weight.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Now that I've got the suspension all sorted and the car is balanced left/right front/back I thought it's time to weigh the car (more accurately than the kitchen scales at least lol ).

I figured it would be under weight and it is by 40 grams only thing is seeing how as the car is balanced I thought there would be enough room to add the needed weight in the chassis slots but no (well not using lead shot anyway).

So any ideas for either alternate locations (space not exactly easy to come by in a CGM lol) and and types of weight would be appreciated.
Your CGM is UNDER weight wow, that's the first time I've heard that. Usually people are complaining they're too heavy. Mine is right at minimum weight with all the lightweight stuff I can find for it so I've never had to worry about where to place any lead, sorry.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 11-10-2004, 08:35 PM   #10628
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Adding weight.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Your CGM is UNDER weight wow, that's the first time I've heard that. Usually people are complaining they're too heavy. Mine is right at minimum weight with all the lightweight stuff I can find for it so I've never had to worry about where to place any lead, sorry.
Yup under weight (from the posts I've seen about losing weight I'm not surprized at the reaction )

But yeah it's running in 540 stock with only 1500 packs and a quantum pro sport clone by nosram (only cause it was easy to fit).. a minor problem but annoying now that everything else is right lol.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:49 PM   #10629
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

So what will happen if you break those parts? Is the car just going to become a shelf peice? Does anyone know when the new RS2 will be released?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #10630
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight
So what will happen if you break those parts? Is the car just going to become a shelf peice? Does anyone know when the new RS2 will be released?
Yes, if you break or bend a bulkhead or motormount you're done. I don't know when the RS version 2 is being released, sorry.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 11-11-2004, 01:38 AM   #10631
fai
Regional Moderator

John, really really nice pics! Thanks!
fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:46 AM   #10632
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks! I tried my best without getting in the way of the mechanics.

I friend of mine has posted on his website some videos I took from the pits and racing.
There is some good close footage from the cars.

www.radiocontrol.gr

please comment if you liked the videos.
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:51 AM   #10633
Tech Master

John D.

Great pics. Well done. Fancy a race meeting in Malta over Easter Weekend ? It's not that far for you.

Mabuchi's car is underweight probably because of the 1500 cells. They are lots lighter than the GP3300s we are using. Possibly with foams it makes things lighter too.

We are racing again this weekend. Looks like rain so I have been working on adapting an underbody for the CGM.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:59 AM   #10634
Tech Elite

Hi Shooky,

I think by your own admission you have only been into RC cars for a short while.

Once you've been around a bit, you'll realise that you don't need to do many changes to make a car behave like one that is completely new. That's why people get excited about new parts. The SDW may look like a Rayspeed conversion, but it is different, and those differences are what counts.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:04 AM   #10635
fai
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by John Doucakis
Thanks! I tried my best without getting in the way of the mechanics.

I friend of mine has posted on his website some videos I took from the pits and racing.
There is some good close footage from the cars.

www.radiocontrol.gr

please comment if you liked the videos.
Great! Did Marc break his spool at the video?
We can see Hara in action!
fai is offline   Reply With Quote