R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2004, 06:55 AM   #10606
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by shooky
Thanks for the info. I have heard the yellow ft and green rear is another popular choice. Any particular reason why the yellow or blue in the rear and not the green?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
My usual choice is yoke green on front and either yellow or blue on the back (yellow if i want more steering, blue if i want a more stable car). In the yoke spring chart, the green are about the hardest (only orange are harder), I find them to be fine with my setup.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:21 AM   #10607
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Now I know I am about ot get flamed but I have taken a long hard look at the New SDW and found that it almost the same as the rayspeed upgrade minus the diff cases. I know that the chassis is different but Look at the picture closely they are using the rayspeed motor mount and the shock towers look nearly the same as well. I think I will just stick with the rayspeed SD I have already. I mean I am far from being a World Class Driver but I just wanted to offer up some other options since the SDW is going to have only 555 available and getting sparess for the SDW has to be a nightmare. Just my observations. If you want to flame me go ahead but realy take a close look at the pictures, espeically on Yokomo's site in the forum section, you get a bunch of close up pictures. Just seems a little funny that it has alot of the rayspeed looks. BUT YEA IF YOU WANT ONE GET ONE>>>>GOD BLESS THE GLUTTONOUS USA. Yes I love my country but we are a Gluttonous nation. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Thanks for listening to my rambles,
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:53 AM   #10608
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Now I know I am about ot get flamed but I have taken a long hard look at the New SDW and found that it almost the same as the rayspeed upgrade minus the diff cases. I know that the chassis is different but Look at the picture closely they are using the rayspeed motor mount and the shock towers look nearly the same as well. I think I will just stick with the rayspeed SD I have already. I mean I am far from being a World Class Driver but I just wanted to offer up some other options since the SDW is going to have only 555 available and getting sparess for the SDW has to be a nightmare. Just my observations. If you want to flame me go ahead but realy take a close look at the pictures, espeically on Yokomo's site in the forum section, you get a bunch of close up pictures. Just seems a little funny that it has alot of the rayspeed looks. BUT YEA IF YOU WANT ONE GET ONE>>>>GOD BLESS THE GLUTTONOUS USA. Yes I love my country but we are a Gluttonous nation. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Thanks for listening to my rambles,
Stephen <><
But most spares will be the same as a regular SD, it onlt seems to be the gearbox's and the motor mount that are massivly different. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:57 AM   #10609
Tech Fanatic

What springs shud i buy for my new yokomo? Rayspeed and a pair of each? Also what pistons and any other bits to help with setup? Rick
Old 11-10-2004, 10:30 AM   #10610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

When is the new Rayspeed II coming out?
Old 11-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #10611
Tech Regular

Cool Down Shooky!

The SDW have some things may be most people didnt notice, look the the front Susp mount close up phtos provide by JP's Photo, you will notice that it has a new wider front blue susp mount c/w shorter arm. Just dont make any unnecessary comments like a spoil brat. No one is pointing a gun at your head to get your father the buy you the SDW!

Peace and Stay Cool!
MIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #10612
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MIKA
Cool Down Shooky!

The SDW have some things may be most people didnt notice, look the the front Susp mount close up phtos provide by JP's Photo, you will notice that it has a new wider front blue susp mount c/w shorter arm. Just dont make any unnecessary comments like a spoil brat. No one is pointing a gun at your head to get your father the buy you the SDW!

Peace and Stay Cool!
Yea and my DAD is almost 70 he doesn't buy me anything. Check my post. I am not bashing, just making observations. If you took offence I already appoligized in my original post. Oh the reason the new wider front blue suspention mount is because of the new diff cases that are wider. JEES dude relax. I love Yokomo but think it was a little bit nasty for them to only release 555 of these little hopped-up jems. I think when the new Rayspeed chassis hits It will probably solve most of minor problems it ever had. AGAIN THESE ARE MY OBSERVATIONS AND IF YOU DISAGREE I DON'T CARE. That is what is great about opinions(everyone has one and no one has to agree for it to be right) SO I will leave you with a kind word... JESUS LOVES YOU.
Take Care all & GOD Bless
Thanks for listening to my rambles.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:00 PM   #10613
Tech Elite

It's OK Shooky, I wasn't listening anyway.....

Only winding you up mate!!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:36 PM   #10614
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yea and my DAD is almost 70 he doesn't buy me anything. Check my post. I am not bashing, just making observations. If you took offence I already appoligized in my original post. Oh the reason the new wider front blue suspention mount is because of the new diff cases that are wider. JEES dude relax. I love Yokomo but think it was a little bit nasty for them to only release 555 of these little hopped-up jems. I think when the new Rayspeed chassis hits It will probably solve most of minor problems it ever had. AGAIN THESE ARE MY OBSERVATIONS AND IF YOU DISAGREE I DON'T CARE. That is what is great about opinions(everyone has one and no one has to agree for it to be right) SO I will leave you with a kind word... JESUS LOVES YOU.
Take Care all & GOD Bless
Thanks for listening to my rambles.
Stephen <><
Sorry but your wrong, the front block is wider as the wishbones are shorter. The diff cases seem to be around the same width as the diff is still the same width, obviously no one will be able to say for sure but this is how i have interperated the pics. Rick
Old 11-10-2004, 02:55 PM   #10615
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

pic1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grid yokomo masami 1b.jpg (187.2 KB, 403 views)
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:58 PM   #10616
Tech Master

pic2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grid yokomo masami 2b.jpg (169.8 KB, 1398 views)
Old 11-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #10617
Tech Master

pic3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grid yokomo masami 3b.jpg (163.9 KB, 452 views)
Old 11-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #10618
Tech Master

pic4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yokomo prototype masami 1b.jpg (196.4 KB, 1457 views)
Old 11-10-2004, 03:15 PM   #10619
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Green is the softest spring and whenever I run that the rear seems too soft and I actually lost rear traction, the rear would really want to come around in sharp corners. That might be the reason why Yokomo ran green rear springs at the worlds, with the spool you loose some steering, maybe they went to the greens to loosen the rear up?
you're probably right. i heard that masamis car was a little bit loose in the rear, and they speculated that this was to overcome the spool as well.
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:19 PM   #10620
Tech Master

pic5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yokomo prototype masami 2b.jpg (185.1 KB, 576 views)