R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2004, 07:55 PM   #10276
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

What's in the Bottles ? Something with a lot of alcohol and if you touch it with your car you have to drink after the run ?
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #10277

how wide are those lanes?? they look like about 4 ft wide, and 2x4's. you guys gotta be good to run on that. don't know if my eyes are good enough to run that tight a track.

reedy 19t, i'm using purple springs on both sides, and the trinity brush with the cross cut serations. (even tho i was told the brush isn't that good) geared at 5.7 on a cgm, outdoor pavement. track temp today, 65 degrees, used the new (well new to the states) ING 27 tire with yok 039 inserts. lapped the field today.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:01 AM   #10278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Two things! Where can I get Tossolinis carpet nats set up? Will it work on a large open track? What will I need to change if I run stock, but then want to change over to 19t. The track Im running on is not carpet, but the traction it has make you have to run a carpet set up. One other thing, what sorex tire is compatiable to the take off 22 premount. Thanks in advance!!

PS where can I get the rayspeed 2 kit?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #10279
Tech Elite

That track has similar size lanes to the ones we use indoors over here in the UK. However, that track looks to be very flowing. The ones I usually 'endure' are far more pointy/technical, requiring very quick changes of direction.

I usually run 1:7.5 - 1:8 on my 19t V2.

Wooden track edging can be a killer on the car, but Road Rail track markings really help improve things. Besides being far easier on the cars, when racers do get it wrong they can generally self-marshall, or in other words they can drive their cars back into the right place without requiring the assistance of a marshall.

The only downside is that if there are inexperienced racers present, their cars can frequently jump the lanes and hit other cars. But for most racers, it's a really good set-up.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:49 AM   #10280
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio
That track has similar size lanes to the ones we use indoors over here in the UK. However, that track looks to be very flowing. The ones I usually 'endure' are far more pointy/technical, requiring very quick changes of direction.

I usually run 1:7.5 - 1:8 on my 19t V2.

Wooden track edging can be a killer on the car, but Road Rail track markings really help improve things. Besides being far easier on the cars, when racers do get it wrong they can generally self-marshall, or in other words they can drive their cars back into the right place without requiring the assistance of a marshall.

The only downside is that if there are inexperienced racers present, their cars can frequently jump the lanes and hit other cars. But for most racers, it's a really good set-up.
Mostly those inexperienced guys don't get into the higher finals

Bye Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM   #10281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Foam tire size?

Could'nt find it in the Roar rules book,is it legal to use 30mm foam tires on electric touring cras?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 999.jpg (40.5 KB, 92 views)
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:38 PM   #10282
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default 30mm legal

Yes Stan, they are legal. I am talking with the Region 1 Director as we speak. Any other questions?
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:24 PM   #10283
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Raul... I thought you gave up on the Yokomo????

Were you at SSH this weekend? I stopped in just to peek at the racing....
Old 10-25-2004, 08:43 PM   #10284
Tech Adept

Just had a look at some setup sheets for the CGM and I noticed that there are SS and SSS shock bodies. Whats the difference between the 2 and what does the CGM come with??

thanks
jiggen5354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #10285
Tech Master

The SSS shocks are the ones that come with the CGM, they are the short bodies. The SS are the long bodies, are usually found on the GT-4. The only other time you would use the SS shocks on the Rayspeed Conversion, unless of course you get your hands on the new RS shock towers that use the SSS shocks. Hope this helps.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:56 AM   #10286
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default a long, long, time ago!

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Raul... I thought you gave up on the Yokomo????

Were you at SSH this weekend? I stopped in just to peek at the racing....
Sorry to be misleading, but yes, I have given up on all of the Yokomo version's. My pride and joy is the BMI Mi2. Check out the BMI section to see it. And last, no I was not at the Regional's hosted by South SHore Hobby, couldnt make two days. But I was at HobbyChamber along with Dawgmeat, we raced there all the time. Come and see, thursday night is the night to be there for now.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:36 AM   #10287
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_bam226
The SSS shocks are the ones that come with the CGM, they are the short bodies. The SS are the long bodies, are usually found on the GT-4. The only other time you would use the SS shocks on the Rayspeed Conversion, unless of course you get your hands on the new RS shock towers that use the SSS shocks. Hope this helps.
That's pretty weird, i have almost the same preload on my Rayspeed towers as on the stock SSG towers with SSS-shocks, short eyelet in front and long in rear.

Bah, must go out and bleed my shocks now.. Cracked a cap at the last race because of a loose trackmarker laying on the straight.. 12t into massive wood = not good
Most of my front end broke...
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:00 AM   #10288
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Sorry to be misleading, but yes, I have given up on all of the Yokomo version's. My pride and joy is the BMI Mi2. Check out the BMI section to see it. And last, no I was not at the Regional's hosted by South SHore Hobby, couldnt make two days. But I was at HobbyChamber along with Dawgmeat, we raced there all the time. Come and see, thursday night is the night to be there for now.

I'm hearing the Nationals are supposed to be there???
Old 10-26-2004, 08:10 AM   #10289
Tech Master

Hey Sparx, I use the RS conversion, I know the manual says to use the SS shocks, but it works just fine with the SS shocks with the long ball ends. Just reading off the manual that comes with the kits, does not include ingenuity, and craftiness.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #10290
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a lot of fun today with my CGM, props to Matt Howard for his setups www.yokomo.tk

I used his setups as a baseline and made changes to suit my style and track.
It's a very quick car and I drove my last few packs in record times.

Question:
Anybody using the 'Masami steering link' setting?
I tried it and the right steering wobbled like sh!t !! The CVD pin kept falling out and thankfully there was no catastrophic damage. I like the steering setup cos it gives more equal steering left-right and the servo saver doesnt bind/rub against the ball-cup when turning full right.
Any way to do it without the wobbling/free play??
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote