Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Rayspeed Conversion Ver.2

Made some scans in RC World.
it looks good, seems that it will have a new motor mount and upperdeck mount (there are made of Delrin on the picture but I guess they will use aluminium)which lower the topdeck
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-sd1.jpg  
Old 10-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

it looks like it's not production-ready at all but alloy parts are not so difficult to make.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default other pics

details
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-sd2.jpg  
Old 10-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

one last pic
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-sd3.jpg  
Old 10-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

utieh :
you da man!
thanks for the scans...why does no one want to translate RC World???
I'm sure I'd subscribe if there was an english version..
Old 10-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wish I could read Japanese. I don'tbuy RC mags because I can find a lot more information on the web, the only exception is RCW and RCM, they write very detailed articles about things you would never imagine, cool projects too, and long time reports (there is one article about the SD every month written by S. Adachi himself )
Old 10-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

That RS conversion looks great...adjustable battery tray that comes out of the car, Wow really looking forward to that. Has anyone heard anything about a new Yokomo car coming...with all of these cool new features?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by artwork
That RS conversion looks great...adjustable battery tray that comes out of the car, Wow really looking forward to that. Has anyone heard anything about a new Yokomo car coming...with all of these cool new features?
If Rayspeed is doing this conversion then Yokomo probably will not release something like this as well. The worlds is in a couple of weeks, if anything new is coming out I'm sure we'll see it there.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Could anybody relay ANY info on the chassis, topdeck, and shock towers from ATHEENA ?

- jayBeE
Old 10-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Atheena Chassis and Top Plate

Jaybee,

I have been running the Atheena chassis(www.atheenaprojects.com) for a few weeks now and the car has been working great. It is a lot stiffer than the ssg chassis, i would say comparable to the cgm. The car is very consistant and one thing it has over the cgm is that it is a lot lighter, like 5 ounces lighter! I built the car with the new chassis and used counter sunk screws in the top deck, put it on the tweak station with no radio equipment installed and the car is straight as an arrow not tweaked at all(shock and spring lengths equal). The only issue which hasnt affected performance is that once radio equipment is installed the car is a lot heavier on the battery side but can be compensated with either adding weight to the right side of the chassis or more pre load on the left rear shock. I havent tried their shock towers, i have been using the cgm ones. Ordering was super easy and shipping was fast, from where they are located in Finland to me In California/USA it only took 5 days. I believe i was able to pay for it via paypal as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Blake
Old 10-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

From reading Andy Malone's contributions in rcracechat I get the impression that Yoke are announcing something intertesting in the next few days.

Andy works with CML so he should know. Reading between the lines it sounds like a higher spec CGM.

Look out in the Yoke web pages.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by johnbull
From reading Andy Malone's contributions in rcracechat I get the impression that Yoke are announcing something intertesting in the next few days.

Andy works with CML so he should know. Reading between the lines it sounds like a higher spec CGM.

Look out in the Yoke web pages.
hmmm, we'll see
Old 10-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

my connection at Yokomo tells me that if Masami wins the worlds...we might see quite a few new things from Yokomo (and these parts will be for the double deck graphite chassis)Also, the ZS-YSBE body and the Rayspeed Honda body should be available within the next couple of weeks. And lastly, Masami will be running the Speed Tech R/C spools at the IFMAR worlds along with few other members of the Yokomo team

Steve Wang
Old 10-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

my connection at Yokomo tells me that if Masami wins the worlds...we might see quite a few new things from Yokomo (and these parts will be for the double deck graphite chassis)Also, the ZS-YSBE body and the Rayspeed Honda body should be available within the next couple of weeks. And lastly, Masami will be running the Speed Tech R/C spools at the IFMAR worlds along with few other members of the Yokomo team

Steve Wang
Steve, the Yokomo USA site lists the type E body as available now, might want to give Robert a call and see if they're in.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Steve, the Yokomo USA site lists the type E body as available now, might want to give Robert a call and see if they're in.
Alex ran the type E body today and he liked it alot. He felt it had just a little more steering than the Stratus 2.0 Which helped today, because his car was pushing just a little.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.