R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-27-2004, 02:19 AM   #9556
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't have one but I think you have to use the oneway gear for the spool, the hole on the oneway gear is bigger.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:29 AM   #9557
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Blakesrc

Thanks Matt,

Yep you are right, i just pulled the one off of my one way and it fits the spool just fine. A lot of people on this thread seem to be using a spool now and like it so i figured I would give it a try.

Blake
Blakesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:29 AM   #9558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
I don't have one but I think you have to use the oneway gear for the spool, the hole on the oneway gear is bigger.
affirmative

you need oneway gears, which are different from diff gears. May I recommend the graphite gears which are slightly more expensive, but way stronger?

Later
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:34 AM   #9559
Tech Champion

At the last preworlds race last week Masami was running a spool and Billy was running a oneway. They were both running very fast times but IMHO if they're both fast I'll run the spool just so you can out brake someone if you need to. Interestingly enough they were both running basically box stock SSG cars with Billy running RS shocktowers.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 08-27-2004, 02:54 AM   #9560
Tech Elite

Frankly, you gotta love the SD SSG when it's had some rigidification TLC applied to it (as usual, countersunk screws all over)... The car is light and nimble, and when "graphitised" it reacts very nicely to setup changes...

Matt, quick question: I still run pistons #3 (3 small holes) on mine, with 35WT/RSwhite front and 30WT/RSyellow rear... in which conditions would you recommend the other pistons (which have both different hole size and amounts)?

And how's Korea?

Thanks,
Later,
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:26 AM   #9561
Tech Addict

Aye Carumba, 2 a.m allready! :P Ok last question for the night err morning. Did anyone ever figure out a way to get rid of the wheel chatter that occurs when the steering is turned all the way one direction or close to all the way i should say? I cant tell if its just from the slop in the cvd's and if it just does it when the car is up on the stand or if it occurs on the ground durring driving conditions as well. I just did a full cleaning and lubed the cvd's, oiled the bearings etc and with the car on the stand i gave the front wheels a good spin. All is fine and quiet when the wheels are pointed straight but if i turn them one direction or the other almost to the locking point they chatter badly and seem to spin roughly.

Thanks,

Blake
Old 08-27-2004, 03:50 AM   #9562
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Frankly, you gotta love the SD SSG when it's had some rigidification TLC applied to it (as usual, countersunk screws all over)... The car is light and nimble, and when "graphitised" it reacts very nicely to setup changes...

Matt, quick question: I still run pistons #3 (3 small holes) on mine, with 35WT/RSwhite front and 30WT/RSyellow rear... in which conditions would you recommend the other pistons (which have both different hole size and amounts)?

And how's Korea?

Thanks,
Later,
Paul
If the track is really bumpy going to bigger holes in the pistons (#2's) and a heavier oil will let the shock work "faster" but keep the same static dampening. Korea is super humid but seems nice so far.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 08-27-2004, 04:15 AM   #9563
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'll second that!!!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:59 AM   #9564
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
If the track is really bumpy going to bigger holes in the pistons (#2's) and a heavier oil will let the shock work "faster" but keep the same static dampening. Korea is super humid but seems nice so far.
Edit: Thanks, Even if there's only two holes? As opposed to 3 in #'s...

Good luck at the other end of the world

Paul

Old 08-27-2004, 07:19 AM   #9565
Tech Champion

Quote:
Edit: Thanks, Even if there's only two holes? As opposed to 3 in #'s...

Good luck at the other end of the world

Paul
but those two holes are much bigger than the three little ones in the #3's
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 08-27-2004, 07:30 AM   #9566
Tech Master

Hi Matt....

I'm just this moment starting to put the anti roll bars on my CGM kit but the instructions don't say which ones to use where. I have two silver ones and two black ones and am wondering which I should try?

I'll be running in 540 stock on mainly tarmac surfaces (never seen anyone have a problem getting grip) and the suspension is kit standard in the rear.

At the front I have done what most appear to have done and moved the shocks to the upper mounting hole on the shock tower and using the lower hole in the c-hub, other than that the front is kit standard as well (including springs).

Thanks in advance.

Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:34 AM   #9567
Tech Champion

Default Re: Hi Matt....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
I'm just this moment starting to put the anti roll bars on my CGM kit but the instructions don't say which ones to use where. I have two silver ones and two black ones and am wondering which I should try?

I'll be running in 540 stock on mainly tarmac surfaces (never seen anyone have a problem getting grip) and the suspension is kit standard in the rear.

At the front I have done what most appear to have done and moved the shocks to the upper mounting hole on the shock tower and the lower hole in the c-hub, other than that the front is kit standard as well (including springs).

Thanks in advance.

I "believe" the new kit setup is the silver bar in front and black in the rear. that should work fine for a starting setup
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 08-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #9568
Tech Addict

Hey guys, i forgot to mention in my above post about the wheel chattering im getting.....

I just installed a new spool, i did heavily grease the cvd's. I just am curious if the chattering just occurs only when the car is up off the ground? When the car is driving, will the chattering cause binding and some weird steering issues?

Thanks,

Blake
Old 08-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #9569
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Blakesrc
Hey guys, i forgot to mention in my above post about the wheel chattering im getting.....

I just installed a new spool, i did heavily grease the cvd's. I just am curious if the chattering just occurs only when the car is up off the ground? When the car is driving, will the chattering cause binding and some weird steering issues?

Thanks,

Blake
Are you using the stock CVD's or the universals in the front. If it's the CVD's make sure that nothing is binding in them. If there is binding take them apart and use some sandpaper or something to remove any material that is binding them up. If you're using the universals I really don't know
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 08-27-2004, 05:40 PM   #9570
Tech Addict

Hey Matt, i have the square titanium axles/cvds on the front right now. I cant really tell if its actually binding or if its just a combination of slop that makes everything chatter.

Blake