R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #9511
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
sometimes people read posts a little too fast... we can all misread a question!

Later
Paul
Doh'!
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:30 PM   #9512
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
Doh'!
We still know that you know your stuff
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:20 AM   #9513
Tech Regular

my list of cars is alot shorter than your:

schumacher cougar 2000
tamiya mini cooper m-chassis
losi xxx
schumacher axis 2
yokomo ssg

thats in order from oldest to newest although i am stil running the xxx
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:28 AM   #9514
Tech Master

Anti roll bar question.....

So I'm up to the anti roll bar part and the kit includes two roll bars one silver and one black but the instructions don't say which one goes to the front and which to the back?

Or should I get another two and have two the same? If it helps the tires I'm starting with are G2's and the suspension is kit standard setup with the motor being a 540 stock of course.

Thanks in advance.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:37 AM   #9515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi, i have been running my CGM for about a month now, and i would just like to ask if anybody has played around with the 2 different mounting holes of the rear upright and front c-hubs? what are the effects?

thanks - jason
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:04 AM   #9516
Tech Regular

are you talking about the outer hinge pin mounts. If so these are for roll center adjustments.
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:58 AM   #9517
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by agower
my list of cars is alot shorter than your:

schumacher cougar 2000
tamiya mini cooper m-chassis
losi xxx
schumacher axis 2
yokomo ssg

thats in order from oldest to newest although i am stil running the xxx
Just give it time...........
Old 08-25-2004, 07:41 AM   #9518
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Trend???

I saw at the ROAR Nats that Billy Easton ran the SSG the entire weekend. Now when looking at the pics of the PreWorlds race from Florida this past weekend...saw where the Yoks were the SSG as well. Has Yokomo gone back to the silver car? I know the Dual deck cars have been doing well lately at big events. I liked my SSG a bit better then the CGM. Any scoop on what yokomo is going to run at the worlds?

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:55 AM   #9519
Tech Elite

Maybe they've sorted out the weave problems on the SSG. Then they'll have a car that's much like the RS, only silver. Nice!!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:00 AM   #9520
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
hi, i have been running my CGM for about a month now, and i would just like to ask if anybody has played around with the 2 different mounting holes of the rear upright and front c-hubs? what are the effects?

thanks - jason
You should never need to use the upper hole in the rear uprights.

At the front though, it's almost essential to run the car with the alternative lower hole. This raises the roll-centre, and makes the car much smoother on the steering and more balanced handling-wise.

You should raise the inner camber link position when doing this to keep the geometry sensible. I also run spacers under the inner steering arm balljoint to stop bumpsteer.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #9521
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Trend???

I saw at the ROAR Nats that Billy Easton ran the SSG the entire weekend. Now when looking at the pics of the PreWorlds race from Florida this past weekend...saw where the Yoks were the SSG as well. Has Yokomo gone back to the silver car? I know the Dual deck cars have been doing well lately at big events. I liked my SSG a bit better then the CGM. Any scoop on what yokomo is going to run at the worlds?

Jeff
Based on the pictures, it looks like Masami ran a standard SSG. No fancy one-off YMP parts like at the 2003 RROC and Jpn nationals. Billy E. ran the same SSG chassis too but with countersunk topdeck and what looks like RS shock towers.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:05 PM   #9522
Tech Regular

What chassis Masami ran at the Preworld, CGM or SSG, I saw the pictures, two SSG , one from Billy Easten, the other car had some green anodise parts, but with x-ray's springs, I'm not sure who ran that car. Also that car had a different rear suspension set up. It had thick spacers under the arm mounts and upright's ball studs, use the "upper'' inner camber holes on shock tower. Anyone has any ideas?
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #9523
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default Re: Anti roll bar question.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
So I'm up to the anti roll bar part and the kit includes two roll bars one silver and one black but the instructions don't say which one goes to the front and which to the back?

Or should I get another two and have two the same? If it helps the tires I'm starting with are G2's and the suspension is kit standard setup with the motor being a 540 stock of course.

Thanks in advance.
If you look inside the instruction manual there is an adend. page that talks about using standard servo arms instead of the servo saver, and pivot mounts. Anyway use the black on the back and silver on the front as per instructions. Personally I would try running without the sway bars.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:16 PM   #9524
Tech Initiate

What is the biggest spur gear 48pitch that you use in SD? Today i mounted to my SD SSG 86t and like to know if it is possible to mount bigger one.
dicort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:22 PM   #9525
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Anti roll bar question.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight
If you look inside the instruction manual there is an adend. page that talks about using standard servo arms instead of the servo saver, and pivot mounts. Anyway use the black on the back and silver on the front as per instructions. Personally I would try running without the sway bars.
Well yes there is an extra page that came in the box with what I assume are amendments to the manual BUt it's all in Japanese.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote