R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #931
Tech Fanatic

Default SD must-have options

What are you considering as your first option parts?

Bearings: Are the kit bearings rubber sealed? How do the super precision bearings differ from the teflon sealed bearings?

Aluminum or titanium instead of steel: CVDs, screw sets, ball studs, etc.?

Anything else (besides a one way)?
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 07:14 PM   #932
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: SD must-have options

Quote:
Originally posted by coolrcdad

Bearings: Are the kit bearings rubber sealed? How do the super precision bearings differ from the teflon sealed bearings?

For me I already purchase a full set of Teflon sealed bearings from a seller on Ebay... for $26.00 a set..that is a bargain.

I have the front one-way plus othre spare parts coming in from Japan. As soon as Speedtech as the parts available...I'll order from them.

Aluminum screws are too week... and Ti screws weld them selves into aluminum parts...I typically use Stainless steel.

Now I'm looking to get of MIP CVDs.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 07:37 PM   #933
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

where can you get the Ti screws from ?
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:02 PM   #934
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yokomo is going to offer a full Ti screw set for the car shortly, I'm sure that Ti racing will offer a set as well.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:18 PM   #935
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Steve W. I'll give you a call tomorrow and give you my other card number to charge the SD on. Been waiting for my friend to pay me for the Evo3. But he says he'll do it this week sometime. So just need to make sure I can cover the cost. I don't wanna be one of those "don't go through" guys.

Anyhow, got my spare parts in today for my SD. Now I get to test run it with the Brushless tomorrow. Only thing I didn't get on my order were the front spindles, and hubs (front, and rear). As soon as SpeedtechRC gets them in, I'll have to order from there.

When you order A-Arms... they come with 2. Just letting yall know. Anyhow, let me head out. I have to put on the new arm on my car!

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:21 PM   #936
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh and another note, when taking off the sway bars off the arms... be very careful. You can break the little nubs off the arms that hold the ball cup for the sway bar. Not very nice. I did this last week on one of the rear arms. But I have new ones now.. hehe
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #937
Tech Elite

Does the Yok come with sway bars ? and you guys think that any xxxs or tc3 parts will fit on the car ? like caster blocks or anything ?
Old 04-27-2003, 09:51 PM   #938
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by THeGame
Does the Yok come with sway bars ? and you guys think that any xxxs or tc3 parts will fit on the car ? like caster blocks or anything ?

Sway bars definately yes..don't know about the parts compatibility...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:33 PM   #939
Tech Elite

how much is the oneway going to cost you think ? Going to run it at the Onroad Nats in Nc. Going to see if the Yok can haddle a 10 turn
Old 04-27-2003, 10:58 PM   #940
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those of you who have tried the TC3 and then the SD, would you be able to tell the differences of the 2 cars in terms of handling?

I almost went nuts trying to set the TC3 for a particular asphalt track. Basically I couldn't do a sharp enough turn-in into the tight and twisty infields, no matter what I did.

What I did notice was that the turning radius of the TC3 isn't as small as say as 04R on low speeds....
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:04 AM   #941
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

You know this car is already breaking records, before it's even reached the shops.

Has there been any other car about which 32 pages have been written before ordinary folk like myself have even got their hands on it?

I'm hoping mine should reach me this week. However I will be sad to shelf the MR4 Special. At yesterday's 11th round of our Nats I won the stock class again (win number 6 this season), but what was most impressive was the way it came. The result would have put me 3rd or 4th in mod. My best lap was exactly a second slower than the lap record for that track set by my son at the same meeting yesterday in mod. So you could say I am still over the moon with the Special.

If the SD is better then I hesitate to think what fun it's going to be and what results it's going to give me!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 03:02 AM   #942
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
For those of you who have tried the TC3 and then the SD, would you be able to tell the differences of the 2 cars in terms of handling?

I almost went nuts trying to set the TC3 for a particular asphalt track. Basically I couldn't do a sharp enough turn-in into the tight and twisty infields, no matter what I did.

What I did notice was that the turning radius of the TC3 isn't as small as say as 04R on low speeds....
Have you tried a one-way on your TC3?
Old 04-28-2003, 03:04 AM   #943
Tech Elite

JohnBull, congrats on the results. Sounds like a good experience.

A guy at our club got a brand new Special, for a very nice price. Simply because the shop want to sell out, before the SD arrive. The Special definately is a nice car, can only imagine about the SD...
Old 04-28-2003, 08:07 AM   #944
Regional Moderator

Default Re: SD must-have options

Quote:
Originally posted by coolrcdad

Yeah, I got a "must have option" for the SD:

-One of the local shops has blank stock Kydex for making bumpers. Until I can pick up some spares, I'm going to make a new SUPER wide bumper for the car. It may not look the best, but it should keep me rolling until the parts arive a Speedtech.

-Associated chassis protector-I wont even think of running that SSG chassis before I cover it with this stuff!

Thats about all I have planned at first. I will definitely pick up a one-way when they become availible. I've gotten used to running with one in my KX-1, plus its so easy to switch back and forth between diff and one-way on the SD. So, I figure I should get one just so I can try running the car both ways and see which one I like for which tracks.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:27 PM   #945
Tech Rookie

So now that there out and about has anybody got any build tips/build problems to help the rest of us out?????

Thanks
Andrew
wizardmr4 is offline   Reply With Quote