R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2004, 03:22 PM   #9031
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by agower
what new wishbones?
I don't know if they're even out yet. They are beefed up models but the downside is they're not interchangeable front to rear like the old kind.


Johnbull- even if Masami doesn't win the worlds they might be able to do a "everything included" kit. we'll see
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 05:35 PM   #9032
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Hey everyone, I'm back....

Anyway... I shelved my SSG back in january and used the TC3 fulltime on carpet because I was unable to get the SSG set up....

Now that the CGM chassis is out is it worth it for me to convert the SSG to CGM are give to Yok another shot at life???

Is that new wide bumper worth it?

Myself and the only other guy running the Yok's had major issues with breaking front suspension parts... We were racing on an extremely narrow and tight track and it was nearly impossible to not be making constant contact with others... Will this bumper protect the front?
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:04 PM   #9033
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Hey everyone, I'm back....

Anyway... I shelved my SSG back in january and used the TC3 fulltime on carpet because I was unable to get the SSG set up....

Now that the CGM chassis is out is it worth it for me to convert the SSG to CGM are give to Yok another shot at life???

Is that new wide bumper worth it?

Myself and the only other guy running the Yok's had major issues with breaking front suspension parts... We were racing on an extremely narrow and tight track and it was nearly impossible to not be making constant contact with others... Will this bumper protect the front?
The CGM chassis is much better on carpet and the wide front bumper protects the front end much better than the stock one.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:44 PM   #9034
Tech Elite
 
lem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: OC
Posts: 3,061
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default YOKOMO CGM SPECIAL - Factory Edition

How i wish....
Standard CGM Chassis
Ti Screws
An option of Having a 1way,Spool and diff up front!
Wide front bumper
The new Aluminum Mtr Mount
Alum knuckles? sonomore wories of the Kingpin fallilg off.
Different hardness of sway bars
Alum/Flourine Coated or Ti Ball STuds
HArdened Hinge Pins (like the one they sell for the TC3)
Extra Spur / Bevel Gears?

OPTION PARTS:
Aluminum or Steel Diff Outdrives????

Would not mind paying extra for those. BUyig them separately will be more expensive!!


I use my CGM more than my WarpTC3, and I love it! Toobad its Rainy Season here and no INDOOR onroad Tracks! Most off us here are doing Off-Road o remove the ITCH!!!! INcedentally, TRACKSIDE is here Racing with us!!!! He is a hard act to follow!! Very Fast!

The CGM's here are with front one way, And there is no Diff Set offered by YOKOMO, you have to buy it seperately to complete it and that will amount to about U.S.$60.00!!!!

That's about it!!

Peace Guys and Happy Racing!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:38 PM   #9035
Tech Master
 
OHBRAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default weights

does anyone know wha the weights are of the graphite gear case and the std gear cases.

and the std screw set to the titamium.

regards brad
__________________
Yokomo BD818 | Sanwa | HW | Zombie | Team Yokomo | Meakin Park | Bayside | Hearns Hobbie | SpeedyRC
OHBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #9036
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Thanks Matt.... I miss the adjustability of the Yok and the better design of the suspension... The yok was just flexing way too much and frustrating the crap out of me...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:51 PM   #9037
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Thanks Matt.... I miss the adjustability of the Yok and the better design of the suspension... The yok was just flexing way too much and frustrating the crap out of me...
I agree, I tried running the SSG chassis on carpet with foams and it was not good. The CGM on carpet with foams is much better.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:02 PM   #9038
Registered User
 
ritchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,044
Default Re: weights

Quote:
Originally posted by OHBRAD
does anyone know wha the weights are of the graphite gear case and the std gear cases.

and the std screw set to the titamium.

regards brad
i think its like .06 oz for the graphite and .07 or .08oz for the plastic. its been awhile since i did the weight comparison

edit: i just went and weighed a plastic one, it was 1.0oz so i think the graphite one was .08

Last edited by ritchie; 07-26-2004 at 09:56 PM.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:57 PM   #9039
Registered User
 
ritchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,044
Default

question: what exactly are the little foam do da's in the shock cap under the shock bladder suppose to do?
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:59 PM   #9040
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,204
A couple of CGM manuel questions.....

Unused part "F" on page 17 I'm assuming that's the same as part "F1" but more or less toe in?

And the keyed shims for "skid angle"...firstly is that an american term that refers to some adjustment that goes by another name as I've never heard it before?

And secondly what other part exactly are they supposed to "key" too.....


all details sadly lacking in the CGM manuel.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:23 PM   #9041
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: A couple of CGM manuel questions.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Unused part "F" on page 17 I'm assuming that's the same as part "F1" but more or less toe in?

And the keyed shims for "skid angle"...firstly is that an american term that refers to some adjustment that goes by another name as I've never heard it before?

And secondly what other part exactly are they supposed to "key" too.....


all details sadly lacking in the CGM manuel.
The keyed shim is equal to one degree when placed under a suspension mount and the unkeyed shim is equal to 1mm when placed under a suspension mount. It's in the manual somewhere, I don't have one in front of me or I would tell you what your extra part is for as well. The shims don't "key" into anything, they're just made differently so you can tell which one is which.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:46 AM   #9042
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,204
Default Re: Re: A couple of CGM manuel questions.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
The keyed shim is equal to one degree when placed under a suspension mount and the unkeyed shim is equal to 1mm when placed under a suspension mount. It's in the manual somewhere, I don't have one in front of me or I would tell you what your extra part is for as well. The shims don't "key" into anything, they're just made differently so you can tell which one is which.
Thanks dude.

So one lot of shims can alter the front or rear ride height in mm and the other keyed ones do a similar thing but in degrees (back when I raced off road that was called anti squat not anti skid) what are those degree/heights to start with?
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:52 AM   #9043
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The kit mount for kickup in the front is 1 deg and the rear has zero antisquat
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:02 AM   #9044
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,204
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
The kit mount for kickup in the front is 1 deg and the rear has zero antisquat
Thanks again dude it's good to know where I'm starting from in the first place.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:56 AM   #9045
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,366
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Howdy yall

Matt: since you're talking about a hopped-up CGM kit... do you know if such a thing is to come out in the next few weeks/months? I'm willing to give the CGM a chance, but not if an optioned version is released soon...

Next question, one that hurts everyone: what's so wrong with the SD that so few people are racing it now (let alone win with it)? The TC3 still wins races, and the SD was up to par with the top cars last year, including the TC3... so why not anymore?

Paul
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo or yokomo parts yokomo7 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-19-2009 08:45 PM
Yokomo is coming out with a new version of the bd : Yokomo BD 2 roadrashracing Electric On-Road 12 12-19-2007 07:08 AM
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
WTB Yokomo 1/12 Mini...Trade for 1/10 Yokomo dynamic_e R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-12-2003 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:29 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net