R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2004, 12:59 AM   #9001
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Expensive but worth it!
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:05 AM   #9002
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default

Well, maybe thats retail price, it could be cheaper.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:06 AM   #9003
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
WOW! Those are expensive at $45.00.
They are kinda pricey but they're worth the money, I haven't heard anyone have any problems with breaking them. If you do bend them you can take a hammer or something and bend them back and their good as new, I've done that a couple of times now.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #9004
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
They are kinda pricey but they're worth the money, I haven't heard anyone have any problems with breaking them. If you do bend them you can take a hammer or something and bend them back and their good as new, I've done that a couple of times now.
I have only seen one that has broke, and they do last a long time.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:39 AM   #9005
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Matt, are you coming out to SpeedWorld this weekend? When are you heading out to Korea?
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:09 PM   #9006
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default Re: Noise Clamps

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
Ok where would you put these? Where would you need to reduce noise? From the Precision R/C site.

are these just magnests in a case. as i got one on thw power cable of my minidisc player and was wondering what it was,

as i only have one which is the best place to put it?

A Gower
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:39 PM   #9007
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: Re: Noise Clamps

Quote:
Originally posted by agower
are these just magnests in a case. as i got one on thw power cable of my minidisc player and was wondering what it was,

as i only have one which is the best place to put it?

A Gower
They are just opposing magnets in a case. Yeah.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:49 AM   #9008
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default Re: Re: Re: Noise Clamps

i cant work out how to fit the noise clamps properly. as the wire is to narrow for the whole. and the 'noise clamp' slides up and down it.

so should i just put tape round the wire to make it wider or should i do this way:

put the wire in one end and out the other then loop the wire around the outside so it goes back in the same end and come out the same end as the first time. so the current is stil flowing the same direction inside it. (if that makes and sence)

or is there a differnt way of how i should do this?

also nothing to do with noise clamp but on my yoke sd when the stering is at full lock and i give it some power the wheels turn (steer) slightly. its not glitching, its the drivehafts cant turn properly at that angle. i have sanded the knuckle down so that it doesnt sseize up and no differnce. i even took the driveshaft out to make sure it was it. and it is, if u hold the driiveshaft at an angle as far as it wil go and turn it its fine until it tries to pass the pin and then it straightens up a bit like it cant lean as far. (hope that made sence)

any suggestions on how to fix this or anyhing i have done wrong?

Many thanks
A Gower
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:54 AM   #9009
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default

Make the wire longer and make a loop around the outside back into it. like a circle but with the filter on it.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:58 AM   #9010
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default

thanks, and suggestions about the dirveshafts?
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:01 AM   #9011
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Noise Clamps

Quote:
Originally posted by agower
also nothing to do with noise clamp but on my yoke sd when the stering is at full lock and i give it some power the wheels turn (steer) slightly. its not glitching, its the drivehafts cant turn properly at that angle. i have sanded the knuckle down so that it doesnt sseize up and no differnce. i even took the driveshaft out to make sure it was it. and it is, if u hold the driiveshaft at an angle as far as it wil go and turn it its fine until it tries to pass the pin and then it straightens up a bit like it cant lean as far. (hope that made sence)

any suggestions on how to fix this or anyhing i have done wrong?
The driveshafts will do that when you turn them by hand, it's the design.

Sanding down the knuckle? Trying to get extra lock by sanding down parts won't work, because the driveshafts have a maximum angle they can work at.

Another solution is to use less lock with your steering rate, e.g. 90%, although my car runs happily at 100% lock.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:05 AM   #9012
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default

i HAD to sand down the knuckle, not to get extra lock, if i didnt sand them down then the driveshafts seizes up and wont bend atall (just goes rigid) and the dirvehafts dont work properly in the Car not my hand. that was just to test them.

so your saying the only way to solve this is to turn steering down, nothing mechanical. as if i turn my steering down i wont be able to get round the corners.
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:35 AM   #9013
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Noise Clamps

Quote:
Originally posted by agower
i cant work out how to fit the noise clamps properly. as the wire is to narrow for the whole. and the 'noise clamp' slides up and down it.

so should i just put tape round the wire to make it wider or should i do this way:

put the wire in one end and out the other then loop the wire around the outside so it goes back in the same end and come out the same end as the first time. so the current is stil flowing the same direction inside it. (if that makes and sence)

or is there a differnt way of how i should do this?

also nothing to do with noise clamp but on my yoke sd when the stering is at full lock and i give it some power the wheels turn (steer) slightly. its not glitching, its the drivehafts cant turn properly at that angle. i have sanded the knuckle down so that it doesnt sseize up and no differnce. i even took the driveshaft out to make sure it was it. and it is, if u hold the driiveshaft at an angle as far as it wil go and turn it its fine until it tries to pass the pin and then it straightens up a bit like it cant lean as far. (hope that made sence)

any suggestions on how to fix this or anyhing i have done wrong?

Many thanks
A Gower

here is a link to a viedo of the wheel problem: wheel problem

here on some pictures of the elctrics so you can tel me if i have done it right :close up electric

hole electrics

many thanks
A Gower

ps, the video is 1.2mb so wont take long to load, please watch.
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:13 AM   #9014
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: australia
Posts: 295
Default

does the yokomo have any problems in its "out of the box set up" i want a car that runs really smooth and quiet all the time. previous cars that i have owned only stay quiet sometimes or at top speed. what can i do to keep the car smooth and quiet (belt and shaft)? my diffs are fine and clean
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 08:58 AM   #9015
Tech Adept
 
alch's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 188
Send a message via ICQ to alch
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by myk505
does the yokomo have any problems in its "out of the box set up" i want a car that runs really smooth and quiet all the time. previous cars that i have owned only stay quiet sometimes or at top speed. what can i do to keep the car smooth and quiet (belt and shaft)? my diffs are fine and clean
Different spur gears make different noises.. I changed from Yokomo to Kawada and noticed a huge reduction in noise..
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo or yokomo parts yokomo7 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 12-19-2009 08:45 PM
Yokomo is coming out with a new version of the bd : Yokomo BD 2 roadrashracing Electric On-Road 12 12-19-2007 07:08 AM
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
WTB Yokomo 1/12 Mini...Trade for 1/10 Yokomo dynamic_e R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-12-2003 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net