Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Anyone still using an ssg with foam tires on carpet? My ssg has always worked so well for me on assphalt that i havent wanted to change to the cgm. I might be racing on carpet next week so if anyone has a good mod/foam ssg setup they could email me i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Blake
Old 07-02-2004, 06:49 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Tim Stamper
the MX4 is Yok's 4wd buggy that was pretty darn good a while ago. I still have 2 of them.

Tim
Got it!

Thnx

Old 07-02-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Ackerman setting...

Originally posted by johnbull
THE NOI.

Hope it's a bit clearer now.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
OK, I get it now. I figure it will change the toe anyway. Now where is that Yokomo SD wrench!!!

Thanks Joe...

SD_CGM :

Old 07-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

swaybar kit open ball ends: What is the part number for these?

Also what is the part number Schumacher Ball Grippas?

Last edited by yodace; 07-02-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by ritchie
oh ok. i remember now, actually korey told me once but i forgot. not sure what ryan is runnng, sounds like portland is similar to eslsroc surface, i've never had so much traction from a parking lot, even more then stans home depot races. i'll be down on thursday with most of the old farts from FW to run masters class. i've been running the cgm for a couple of weeks now and love it.
Cool. It seemed like a weird surface. On a high-bite track I would think a one-way would work, but I had a lot of trouble trying to use the one-way and had to switch to the spool (which was much faster) So I'm not sure whether it was really a high-bite track, I just know it beat up our tires. What have you guys been running, 1ways, diffs, or spools?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by yodace
swaybar kit open ball ends: What is the part number for these?

Also what is the part number Schumacher Ball Grippas?
ZC-207A Anti-Roll Bar Plastic Parts
I think it comes with 2 reg ball cups and 2 open ball cups
Old 07-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok, I figured out how to word this question after looking at the car.

Are u supposted to line up the center link with center of the chassis?

Got everything installed looks good. But my servo makes a stretching sound when I link it to the steering rack? Please help???

But when it is not connected to the steering rack it is fine.....

Last edited by yodace; 07-02-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Initiate

I know yokomo makes a aluminum upper pilliow ball for the the shocks, I have 1 set and want to get some more but I can't find a part number. Does anyone have the part number?
Old 07-03-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

If you are looking for a ssg foam carpet setup you can get lots off of my site go check it out at www.yokomo.tk
Old 07-03-2004, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by 2Tenths
Cool. It seemed like a weird surface. On a high-bite track I would think a one-way would work, but I had a lot of trouble trying to use the one-way and had to switch to the spool (which was much faster) So I'm not sure whether it was really a high-bite track, I just know it beat up our tires. What have you guys been running, 1ways, diffs, or spools?
i've been playing with all three diffs at FW, i feel the must comfortable with reg diff. the spool will push entering a turn and a little thru the middle, the one way is ok it just makes me nervous knowing its there. at eslroc i used the spool and it was dailed, i mean really dailed, and that was using "ride" 038 tires and with the premounted 138g's it was to stuck. i mean like carpet. if you were running the 27's at regionals i heard they are only good for a couple of runs away. your gonna want to take a couple of new sets with you for practice. FW is actually running a class the past few weeks called nats stock, the 27's are mandatory but the motor is open, i ran it last week for the first time and only a couple of us actually used the mvp motor, i was able to figure out a couple of things to make it go fast i was able to get the temp DOWN to 160 and still be able to run with the p2k's and monster stocks. anyway, i'm gonna be at eslroc's two day race next weekend if you want to stop by i can tell you what i've been doing with the motor
Old 07-03-2004, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

has anyone else had trouble with the yokomo carbon centre drive shaft on their sd/cgm mine turned to mush after a couple of heats with a stock motor whats the deal
Old 07-03-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah they are horrible.... either use the stock shaft or else get another aftermarket one....
Old 07-03-2004, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by yokcgmracer
I know yokomo makes a aluminum upper pilliow ball for the the shocks, I have 1 set and want to get some more but I can't find a part number. Does anyone have the part number?
YS-8B Shock End Cap Ball
Old 07-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

crab boy,
try the after market shaft from tobee craft. I have been running it for almost a year now and I haven't had any problems with it. You can get it from www.speedtechrc.com
Old 07-03-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tobbee

I just bent my new light weight tobee craft shaft and have put the standard one back in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.