R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2004, 08:02 AM   #8791
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

Quote:
kt racing (Kraig , if I' not mistaken ) the radio is setup properly... I'll try some of the stuff you mentioned. If by more front droop, you mean less front up-travel, then I agree... otherwise I think more front droop (which too me means more downtravel) means less on power steering, because it favorizes (sp?) mass transfer under acceleration... or does it?
Paul,
i meant by using the droop for less up travel. It is hard because people talk about it different ways and are still talking about the same thing.good luck i hope that helped.
keith
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:06 AM   #8792
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kt racing
Paul,
i meant by using the droop for less up travel. It is hard because people talk about it different ways and are still talking about the same thing.good luck i hope that helped.
keith
Keith (ooops )

yes droop is an endless source of confusion... but I think we agree! I'll try it in a few minutes. Thanks!

(funny... isn't there a shop called kt racing or kt hobbies whose owner is named kraig turner???)

Later,
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:18 AM   #8793
Tech Fanatic

Yes it is call kt hobbies I think.
I actually work for www.debbiesrcworld.com it is hobby shop in virginia beach va.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:41 AM   #8794

Default Re: Quick CGM question......

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Ok I've just got my CGM and as I was building the diffs I was thinking oh shite I don't have the spares for a rebuild ....(I always like to have enough parts for at least one rebuild before I start).

Anyway the instructions just refer to the parts as diff balls and thrust balls but not the actual size so I got to wondering are these two ball sizes the same as the 1/16th and 3/32 balls I have left over from when I had the Losi JRx2 as I have about 1000 of each I got in bulk way back when?

Oh and apart from diff rings and the above mentioned ball question what else would I need for a rebuild?

Cheers in advance.
The problem I've had with the diffs is the breaking of diff bolts. I'd recommend having some around as spares. For now, be extra careful when tightening the diff not to overtighten it. If the diff is too tight, the bolt may break out on the track.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #8795

Matt: I had a question about ackerman. I just finished installing the turnbuckles so I can adjust the car's ackerman, but have not tested it on the track yet. Could you explain what I should expect, handling wise, when (or if ) I change the ackerman? Its probably the one setting on the car I've never messed with.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:55 AM   #8796
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Paul, KT Hobbies is owned by myself, Kraig O'Brien. Just wanted to clear up any confusion.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:22 AM   #8797
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are the AE shock rods longer then CGM's?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #8798
Tech Fanatic

What is the need to use the AE shock shafts. Just use the longer shock end from yok to make the difference up.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #8799
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just wondering the size between the two...
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:13 PM   #8800
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tenths
Matt: I had a question about ackerman. I just finished installing the turnbuckles so I can adjust the car's ackerman, but have not tested it on the track yet. Could you explain what I should expect, handling wise, when (or if ) I change the ackerman? Its probably the one setting on the car I've never messed with.
I haven't played with that either so I can't tell you what to expect, sorry
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:14 PM   #8801
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by yodace
Just wondering the size between the two...
AE shock shafts are thicker (1/8") than the Yokomo's (3mm) so they won't fit in the Yoke shocks.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:16 PM   #8802
Tech Adept

This question has probably been asked before... (too many pages to search).

I'm getting a lot of play on the ball cups with the standard ball cups. I thought they were worn so I got new ones but it's still the same. Is there a better solution to this?

Thanks

asimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:33 PM   #8803
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like to use the swaybar kit open ball ends. They have less slop. But finding them is hard. I use them on my steering. I don't think you should worry too much though.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:18 PM   #8804
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by asimo
This question has probably been asked before... (too many pages to search).

I'm getting a lot of play on the ball cups with the standard ball cups. I thought they were worn so I got new ones but it's still the same. Is there a better solution to this?

Thanks

RPM Ball Cups
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #8805

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tenths
from what i was told on my 4wd off road yok, if you widen the space between the bell cranks, it will give you more ackerman. which i think is more steering, what type, i don't know, i didn't like it in the dirt, but i plan on playing with it on pavement.

btw this is ryan isn't it, what day you going to portland. and which surface around here would you say is closest to portlands.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote