R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #8731
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Horatio- this was my reply to trigger who first posted the news that chris was gone. I was going to wait till the morning when I had 100% confirmation on what was going on but he beat me to it. Just trying to set the record straight that I did not start all this "gossip", I was trying to get all the info so people didn't start assuming stuff.

Horatio, Pops- Chill out guys, it's all good
Matt - we all know how much you love to gossip!! ;-D

OK, chill pills all round. I'm now calm.

POPS: If I could shake your hand, I would. I'll wipe my nose if you do
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:28 AM   #8732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio

Yep, I got the parts changed all by myself!! My initial complaining was well before even the new, thicker H type c hub moulding came out. The example I finally got hold, weeks after you had it in the states, was full of air and the moulding was flawed. In fact I took pictures of it and it was totally different to other H types I subsequently purchased - no one on this thread could explain it.

Then you guys got the Graphite arms and C Hubs etc. Again, I complained that we didn't have them here (in the UK). When eventually the graphite arms (wishbones this side of the pond) arrived I praised how much better they were and commented/argued that the graphite parts were infact far more durable, which is not normally the case with graphite parts.

Then I complained that the Graphite C hubs still hadn't arrived here - they eventually got here May this year!!!

awwww puh-leeeez.... not again...

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #8733
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
awwww puh-leeeez.... not again...

Well he started it........
Old 06-29-2004, 10:49 AM   #8734
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by caveman
Hi, Matt. I know CGM is better on high traction surface, eg,indoor carpet. But is it also better on lower grip track like asphalt. I have the Rayspeed version now and it works great on outdoor tracks, Do you think CGM is even better, because you used the CGM at Reedy race. Thanks.
The Rayspeed conversion is a good car but it is still a double deck car and it is possible for it to take a tweek in a wreck. I think for racing on all surfaces the CGM is better because it is stiffer and it doesn't seem to tweek after a wreck. The only downside is that the CGM is pretty heavy where as with the Rayspeed car we had to add weight to bring it up to legal weight.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:59 AM   #8735
Tech Elite

Pops:

Talking of wiping noses, take a look at lonestar's avatar. Can you do that?......I bet you can
Old 06-29-2004, 01:43 PM   #8736
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Pops,

Were did u get those gold univerals..

Anybody,

How do u adjust the shocks so u don't have to use droop screws...?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:05 PM   #8737
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf
Well it's the same basic concept as setting droop with droop screws. You are just unscrewing or screwing the shock ends until you get the droop that you want. So for instance.. saying that you have regular SD shock towers (not RaySpeed as they require longer shocks). Start all your shocks at the same length front and rear. Say, 61mm for example like mine. Drive the car. Then adjust shock length by .5mm until you get the reaction that you are looking for. Or use a droop guage and unscrew the ends til you get the droop that you want. For me, I'll just keep screwing in or screwing out the shock ends by .5mm until I feel the car do what I want.

Now there may be some down sides to this, if your chassis is warped, your droop will not be the same left to right. So you may end up with a longer shock on the left side than the right just to get things even. This'll mean you'll have one arm with a longer stroke/rebound than the other too. But if your chassis is warped... you need to replace it. Also, it takes more time to do this until you find a good setting for your track.

I hope this helps alittle....
Yodace- Kilruf answered your question yesterday
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 06-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #8738
Tech Elite

Matt,

Opps sorry...

A few threads back somebody said to start with measurements.
62.5 front
60 rear

I was just wondering what u set you shocks at ?
I was wondering currently what springs are u running?
What surface do u race on be it indoor or outdoor?

Old 06-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #8739
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by yodace
Matt,

Opps sorry...

A few threads back somebody said to start with measurements.
62.5 front
60 rear

I was just wondering what u set you shocks at ?
I was wondering currently what springs are u running?
What surface do u race on be it indoor or outdoor?
I don't know the length of my shocks since I set droop with the droop screws. I usually run a droop measurement of 7 in the front and 6 in the rear. My home track is speedworld raceway and its an outdoor asphalt track in Roseville california. You can see pics of the track at www.speedworldraceway.com The last time I ran I used RS white's in the front and RS blues in the rear.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 06-29-2004, 05:14 PM   #8740
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Pops,

Were did u get those gold univerals..

Anybody,

How do u adjust the shocks so u don't have to use droop screws...?
They aren't gold, just bad lighting.

IMO it is easier to adjust the droop than to fiddle with the length of the shocks every time you change holes on the arms and shock towers. You should also make sure you limit the uptravel of the shocks as well. I use Shumacher clip on shock-limiters, they work very well. We run 61.5mm shocks in the front with 5mm of outside limiters and 64mm shocks on the rear with 4mm of outside limiters. Assoc 40wt in front and 35 wt in rear. Using Yokomo#3 pistions all around, with green springs on front and pink springs on the rear. We are using 2nd hole from the outside on both towers(CGM type), 2nd hole from inside on front arm and 2nd hole from outside on rear arm. The car was very stable, and had plenty of traction.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:36 PM   #8741
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info:

I am making the switch from the SSG to the CGM.

I'm currently running the AE springs and shock ends. Have u guys every tried the AE springs/ends on your cars?
Old 06-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #8742
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for the info:

I'm currently running the AE springs and shock ends. Have u guys every tried the AE springs/ends on your cars?
No but I think Matt did.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #8743
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks for the info:

before the RS spring cups came out I ran the AE shock cups and AE ball cups for shock ends and used a ball stud on the arms to attach them whenever I ran the AE or RS springs. It worked fine.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 06-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #8744
Tech Elite

Any tips on aligning the servo in the CGM? I'm using the SSG servo horn.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:36 PM   #8745
Tech Champion

Quote:
Any tips on aligning the servo in the CGM? I'm using the SSG servo horn.
I know the servo arm is supposed to be angled but I don't remember by how much. Check your instructions, they should tell you. Any reason you're not using the supplied servo saver? I haven't had a problem with mine.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361