R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2004, 07:27 AM   #8551
Tech Elite

Hahaha, you can tell it's a Monday and some of us are just bored!
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #8552
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default CGM

I love this hobby that most of the time I consider this a sport, with my military career I have the Money to invest into this sport. That being said, YOKOMO you are F#@KING killing me with new part of the month routine. Why don't you just make a factory CGM that come with the following:

1. Lightweight chassis
2. New heavy duty A-arms
3. new blue moter mount
4. New graphite diff gear and drive gear
5. Titanium Screw Set
6. Blue Aluminum Dogbone
7. Machined Aluminum Motor Cam (Blue Adodized)
8. Hard Coated Aluminum Front and rear Input Shaft(these items are too heavy!!!!!!)
9. New front bumper and brace
10. Improved main drive shaft( way too heavy).

As a consumer I don't think it's unfair to builded a factory car using the "New part of the month routine" when other companies have the all out war factory rides.

Check out the New EVOL4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc07825.jpg (153.9 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by dawgmeat; 06-14-2004 at 05:59 PM.
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:40 PM   #8553
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: CGM

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgmeat
I love this hobby that most of the time I consider this a sport, with my military career I have the Money to invest into this sport. That being said, YOKOMO you are F#@KING killing me with new part of the month routine. Why don't you just make a factory CGM that come with the following:

1. Lightweight chassis
2. New heavy duty A-arms
3. new blue moter mount
5. Titanium Screw Set
6. Blue Aluminum Dogbone
8. Hard Coated Aluminum Front and rear Input Shaft(these items are too heavy!!!!!!)

As a consumer I don't think it's fair to builded a factory car using the "New part of the month routine" when other companies have the all out war factory rides.

Check out the New EVOL4
Yokomo used to make some nice conversion/upgrade kits for the MR4TC....
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #8554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you fail to realize that these cars are designed mainly for the asian market. It's much bigger than what it is here. And over there, in order to make money... they need to come up with new stuff all the time. Or they move on to the next best, newest, greatest, fastest thing on the market. The asian market if a fast paced one. Not like here where we can settle for one car for 5 years. They accept change alot better than we do. So just consider it a privilege that you have one.. OH, and I'm sure your commander isn't holding a gun to your head telling ya that you gotta upgrade the car everytime they come out with something..

Where are ya racing right now Dawg? Been awhile since I've been racing up there. Been thinking about coming up sometime. You at Stream? Debbies? Hobbytown? Let me know the race schedule. I can't make it in these next 2 weeks because we are holding the Roar Region 3 Nitro and Electric Onroad Championship on June 26&27. I'm just hoping it'll turn out into a one day event. Catch ya L8Rz

Jimmy Mac

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:10 PM   #8555
Tech Elite

Default Racing Hampton Roads

Steam by far is the best outdoor racing in this area, track is a combination of free flowing sweeper and a couple tight turn here and there for good measure.

HobbytownUSA Va. Beach/ indoor carpet techincal track overpriced everything in that store.

HobbytownUSA NewportNews/ outdoor parking lot techincal track overpriced everything in that store.

Debbies Va. Beach you will destroy your car on their pot hole pavement.
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:51 AM   #8556
Tech Elite

Sounds good. I'll be coming up for the Trophy Race July 10th. But I won't be bring'n my Yokomo SD. The SD is getting the Mod Touring Duty... while my TRF415 is being shipped to Stock Touring. I'll catch ya up there if you are there.

Anyways, now I gotta work with a mod setup on the SD. Took the CGM back off and tossed the RaySpeed Chassis back on. Except I kept the CGM towers on the car for more camber link positions. I figure the flex will be good for our track here. I just gotta decide on oneway or spool. Hmmmm

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 06-15-2004, 02:23 AM   #8557
tornado

Has anyone tried the TC3 hollow graphite center shaft on the SD/CGM ? Does it fit ? In the process of reducing rotating mass on my CGM. Yokomos tend to be brittle for my liking.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:45 AM   #8558
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: CGM

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgmeat

1. Lightweight chassis
2. New heavy duty A-arms
3. new blue moter mount
5. Titanium Screw Set
6. Blue Aluminum Dogbone

As a consumer I don't think it's unfair to builded a factory car using the "New part of the month routine" when other companies have the all out war factory rides.

Check out the New EVOL4
Dude, thats the full option Evo4. It would edit*NOT*edit be sold retail fully hopped up man. You still have to buy the options seperately. You should know Tamiya better than that...

Even the 415 seemed "factory" from the start... but now you can see all the new "hops" for the 415 streaming in and suddenly, 415 looks box stock again...

Last edited by Entropy; 06-15-2004 at 05:02 AM.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:55 AM   #8559
Tech Elite

Tamiya invented 'hop up' parts!!

So the legend goes, the translation was supposed to be 'hot up' parts, but somehow it ended up 'hop up' instead

I'll be honest - I enjoy trying different bits on my cars and tinkering with them. I like the thought that the 'new bits' make the car slightly better than before. Even if the car in question is a flagship model.

However, I can understand how annoying it is when new versions of your chosen car keep coming out, effectively making your car 'old' no matter how hard you try to keep up.

Whilst the demand for 'hop up' parts exists, you can always expect the majority of companies to offer a never ending list of lighter this, or high performance that.

Different companies seem to take a slightly different stance on this subject though it has to be said. AE tend not to constantly bring new stuff out. Yes, they find ways to improve things and make available a list of option parts. But generally, the FT of yesteryear is the FT of today also.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:58 AM   #8560
Tech Champion

I have some info on the new motor mount and heavy duty arms.
The motor mount will be released in Japan around the middle of June, and the arms will be released around the end of June. Give them a week or two to reach the states from these dates, maybe longer for other parts of the world
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:23 PM   #8561
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are those blue motor mounts out yet? and who is selling them?

I'm getting the CGM conversion Wed, I saw a steering mod I was wondering if guys could me some info on it?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #8562
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

When you guys build your shocks(sd), how much rebound do you have is it
A)NO REBOUND
B)EXTENDS FULLY BUT SLOWLY
C)EXTENDS FULLY BUT A LITTLE FASTER THEN SLOWLY
D)DON`T KNOW
E)COULD`NT GIVE A MONKEYS
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #8563
Tech Master

I would have to say C. I'm using the white Rayspeed bladders and 40wt oil.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #8564
Tech Elite

I'd say E.... I just build them. Toss on the bladders. Let the oil ooozz out. Wipe it off and screw on the cap.

As for hopups. I think it's also another way of "personalizing" your car.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 06-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #8565
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by yodace
Are those blue motor mounts out yet? and who is selling them?

I'm getting the CGM conversion Wed, I saw a steering mod I was wondering if guys could me some info on it?
couple more weeks till the motor mount comes out. Any hobby shop that wants one just needs to order one. The steering mod I assume your talking about is using a turnbuckle instead of the solid link inbetween the bellcranks? All it does is allow you to adjust the ackerman angle of the steering. If you do it you have to use low profile balls for the link or it will hit the chassis in the middle
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote