Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Darkseid what is the good stuff then? does it come with TI turn buckles and what not? im just saying for the price it better have some good stuff. i know my 414 was well equip
Old 04-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chris@WeaponR
Darkseid what is the good stuff then? does it come with TI turn buckles and what not? im just saying for the price it better have some good stuff. i know my 414 was well equip

Ti turnbuckles...definately yes!
Front / Rear sway bar set... yes.
Front / Rear Lightweight ball diffs... yes
Blue aluminum wheel hubs... yes
Low friction drive shafts etc etc.

Silver chassis is too cool not to pass up this car....
even though the silver chassis is available for the 414 as an option part.

Another great feature of this car is that it used the same arm..front to rear, left to right...
Old 04-24-2003, 02:48 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The car includes Ti turnbuckles, 1, 2 and 3 degree rear toe-in options, front and rear sway bar, 3 different shock piston options, threaded aluminum shock bodies, ball bearings everywhere, lightweight blue alum. chassis standoffs and bellcrank mounts and even blue wheel nuts. Everything you need, except for an 1way, if you want one. What other graphite plate chassis car can you get with comperable stuff for around $280? The X-ray sells for $299 and up and it doesn't come with a 1way either. I don't think the Mission even comes with threaded shock bodies.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

hmmm... I'm convinced the Yok SD is great value. But I am worried about breakage. True, all cars break at after a certain amount of abuse. But the new Yok does seem to break rather easily... maybe its not suited for beginners like me.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jwwu
hmmm... I'm convinced the Yok SD is great value. But I am worried about breakage. True, all cars break at after a certain amount of abuse. But the new Yok does seem to break rather easily... maybe its not suited for beginners like me.
well..not enough racers have the car to claim that the car breaks rather easily....
yes beginners do break alot of parts...but once you get better and better the less parts you break. I remember when I first got the TC3...I must of broke a couple of arms every race day..
Old 04-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Chris@WeaponR
Chris: I think the other guys covered whats included in the kit well enough that you can see that theres some pretty good stuff included.

Take a look at this page and I'm sure any doubts about the kits value will be laid to rest!

http://www.yokomousa.com/newproducts...r_4tc_sd1.html

But, let me clear something up, so you don't get me wrong. I'm not saying a one-way isn't "good stuff". I'm just saying that how "good" it is, and how "good" it is to have it included in the kit instead of a diff, is debateable depending on whether or not you like one-ways. Thats what I meant. That not everyone shares your view that a one-way should definitely be included.

Now a transponder mount on the other hand......now THATS something that every "race" kit should have!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Tom
Tech Regular

on the breaking front arms thing

the only drivers it seems that have the car and are breaking stuff are the mod drivers. Being a mod driver you expect to break parts if you crash becuase your car is very fast for its size/wieght.

Anyway, the problem will go when yokomo release graphit arms.

I have seen a certian 3 day old car, in the hands of a mod driver, get radio interference and go head on into a wall. result, buy a new one. everything was broken, shock shafts, decks, arms, drive shafts, hubs ect...

so as much as we dont like it, all cars have breaks ecept HPI pro 2s.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As for my arm breaking, it would have broken any arm on any car except maybe my Yokomo YR4M2... Or a Tamiya TL01! But it was a stupid mistake on my part for not being on the drivers stand and doin a warm up lap where I had trouble seeing the car. I've jumped corner dots with this car and even did cartwheels and no breakage. I've seen plenty of Losi's and TC3's break with lesser hits.

Anyways, I have my fixed up Aarm here drying off (epoxy). Should be stronger than new! I ended up taking a rear arm and moving it up front and I'll put the broken arm in the rear. I'm now tempted to race mod this weekend. I'll post pics of my "new" a-arm later.

I'm also working on redoin my steering setup. I'll post pics of that too. Well I'm off.....
Old 04-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have started a page on the website for spare parts for this car. I think I covered all of the most common pieces but if I missed something let me know and I will get it added. You can find it here under the MR4TC SD Parts. The parts that are in stock at Yokomo will be shipping with the kits.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:30 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Awesome Kraig, exactly what I was looking for.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
As for my arm breaking, it would have broken any arm on any car except maybe my Yokomo YR4M2... Or a Tamiya TL01! But it was a stupid mistake on my part for not being on the drivers stand and doin a warm up lap where I had trouble seeing the car. I've jumped corner dots with this car and even did cartwheels and no breakage. I've seen plenty of Losi's and TC3's break with lesser hits.

Anyways, I have my fixed up Aarm here drying off (epoxy). Should be stronger than new! I ended up taking a rear arm and moving it up front and I'll put the broken arm in the rear. I'm now tempted to race mod this weekend. I'll post pics of my "new" a-arm later.

I'm also working on redoin my steering setup. I'll post pics of that too. Well I'm off.....

See, that's what we talking about - 1 A-arm fit all

I was riding YR-4M2 PRO since 1998, just sold it on eBay last month for $215.... ...it was 2 cars tho...

Anyway, looking for the new YOK to hit the street.

- Set up sheets, spare parts tips and tricks for the new YOK are online - but where is the car
Old 04-25-2003, 06:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by komkit
- Set up sheets, spare parts tips and tricks for the new YOK are online - but where is the car
Hopefully after today, its on its way to us!
Old 04-25-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Final confirmation

Did you guys get your final confirmation yet from Speedtech? Just curious.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Breakage:

Main cause in my opinion is the same reason a TC3 will break. There is no front bumper. The stubby with foam works great to protect the body but does nothing for the front arms...

It was not untill u installed a BUDS or RPM front bumper that you could race hard a little reckless without breaking on every run. I cannot recall the last time i broke my car while running a full width bumper.

190mm car needs a 185-190mm bumper not the "IM A PRO STUBBY BUMPER"
Old 04-25-2003, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I won't have the time to send out that many emails today, I will be busy trying to ship out your cars But everyone on list has already confirmed with me so it looks like we're good to go.

You'll get a tracking number email (as always) once the package is shipped.

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.